Major film studios, post-production companies, visual effects houses, sports and news broadcasters rely on Aspera software to reduce their production cycles while securely delivering high-resolution media worldwide, with the utmost quality of service, to ultimately provide consumers with their best content, faster and more efficiently than ever before.
- Achieve global transfer of full resolution masters, digital reels of film, and high-definition Blu-Ray Disc images in hours, or even minutes on high capacity networks.
- Avoid customs and the notorious errors and time-consuming manual processing of shipping drives and tapes.
- Use your existing IP network. No transfer fees from expensive dedicated networks or managed file delivery services.
- Enjoy bulletproof protection of master content including transport encryption, data integrity, content storage, and user access control.
- Seamlessly automate and integrate transfers with any digital asset management or business workflow system through industry-leading APIs and management tools.
- Avoid the cost and complexity of replicating asset stores in multiple regions for better performance by relying on Aspera’s distance neutral transfer speed.
- Receive breaking news and live event content reliably, on-time from even the most remote field locations.
Production, Post Production and Special Effects
Hundreds of post production companies like Weta Digital and productions such as James Cameron’s blockbuster, Avatar, rely on Aspera software for their file transfer workflows – moving core digital assets internationally between production facilities, post houses and visual effects partners.
High Speed Synchronization
Award-winning visual effects and digital animation studio Sony Imageworks uses Aspera software alongside high-performance NetApp storage to synchronize large media libraries at over 500 Mbps between Los Angeles and Albuquerque, realizing tremendous cost savings and boosting productivity by allowing remote artists to work faster than ever before.
Remote Review and Approval
With collaborative file transfer solutions such as the Aspera faspex™ Server, and industry-favorite tools that integrate fasp™ transport like Rising Sun Research’s cineSync Pro, new Aspera-powered remote review and approval workflows are allowing creative teams spread across the globe to collaborate in real time.
Digital Asset Management
Leading vendors such as North Plains, OpenText and Vfinity now offer high-speed ingest and distribution of large media files, powered by Aspera technology. In-house systems for film, TV, music and marketing assets also rely on Aspera to provide maximum efficiency and reliability without the expense and complexity of replicating asset stores in multiple regions or investment in content delivery networks.
Media Production Services
Top media services companies including Ascent Media, EFILM, Red Bee Media and Technicolor, rely on Aspera software to power online media gateways, designed for exchanging content with clients and transferring media throughout their global production networks. London-based content services provider to the broadcast industry, JCA.tv, launched an online portal powered by Aspera to handle high-speed, secure and reliable ad-hoc file delivery for its clients.
Bureau-to-Bureau Transfers in Broadcast News
News organizations depend upon down-to-wire exchange of graphics, video and re-purposed assets among nationally and even globally distributed bureaus. Uniquely able to transfer those assets in the tight windows required, Aspera software has been selected by the largest multinational broadcast news company to enable its enterprise media platform.
Remote Electronic News Gathering
News and sports broadcasters ranging from independent regional operators to network powerhouses rely on Aspera software to transfer file-based news content from the field – including some of the most remote regions of the world — and reporting tremendous performance gains over FTP. Aspera transfer efficiency holds over satellite and wireless networks plagued with high packet loss rates and large round-trip delays.
Sports and Live Event Broadcasting
In no area more than live sports is high definition quality so prized. HD production, the tremendous efficiency of file-based workflows, and the convergence of online and traditional broadcast have led league networks such as the NBA and Turner Sports, and one major US-based sports broadcaster to invest in high bandwidth networks, and fully optimize their transfer capacity with Aspera’s high-performance file transport.
The advent of digital media has led major Hollywood film studios and their IT partners to design fully-integrated systems for the creation, distribution, re-purposing, and archiving of the media enterprise’s assets. Accenture, IBM and Microsoft fully integrate Aspera software as a high-speed transport core in their service-oriented platforms designed to support the secure and efficient creation, distribution and monetization of media content.
Aspera empowers content aggregators and distributors to consolidate their IT investments, while securely delivering high-resolution media worldwide, with the utmost quality of service.
- Receive terabytes of file-based content per day, from providers at even global distances with simplicity, high speed and low cost – minimal investment in hardware and Internet bandwidth and a single transfer stream per provider.
- Eliminate costly re-sending of files when transfers failed with FTP, laborious monitoring, and network collapse caused by data blasters or parallel FTP streams.
- Reduce dependence on third-party distribution networks to cut cost and control quality, while delivering a more personalized viewing experience. With Aspera software, MSOs and service providers can distribute new content on-demand to head ends or edge servers in minutes using existing networks.
- Consolidate the entire network with fewer origin servers, POPs, and edge servers, as content need not be served locally for high throughput.
- Fully automate ingest, transformation and distribution of media files with integrated transport, tracking and management to prevent human error, increase security, accelerate time-to-market and reduce cost.
Online Video and Music Aggregation
Well-known aggregators of online media including Apple’s iTunes Store, Microsoft’s Xbox LIVE Marketplace and Amazon Video On Demand receive the majority of new video content from their providers (several Terabytes per day) via Aspera transfer. The predictable delivery time and highly concurrent transfer throughput are critical to meet to the rapid release cycles for their popular portals.
Video on Demand (VOD)
Major US cable companies and VOD providers rely extensively on Aspera software for the transport of their VOD assets – including high speed ingest of advertising content for VOD, and full integration into software VOD distribution platforms. Similarly, major US digital subscription-based TV channels and IPTV companies have fully integrated Aspera software into their VOD asset management systems for high-speed media ingest from providers and automated processing.
Content Delivery Networks
Service providers are seeking ways to differentiate from their competition while slashing costs. Level 3 and other content delivery networks are utilizing Aspera software to receive and synchronize content at Gigabit-per-second speeds into their networks. Over-the-top Internet TV providers and other new entrants, who do not have an entrenched investment in traditional edge networks are exploring new, consolidated architectures that serve media content at high speed from centralized repositories.
Video Management and Publishing
Video management, transformation, publishing and monetization platforms such as Move Networks and thePlatform embed Aspera technology as high-efficiency transport to receive, prepare, and distribute media content for their clients.
Newspapers, magazines, online decision support and media outlets are striving to keep pace in an ever more competitive marketplace, offering rich media coverage of global events through high-resolution digital photography and high quality video. Leading multimedia publishers rely on Aspera software to transfer images and on-location video from the most remote regions of the world over low-cost Internet connections, and to easily exchange file-based assets between globally distributed journalist and editorial teams within minutes, with complete tracking, management, metadata, and workflow integration.
- Enable the transmission and publishing of high-resolution images and video of breaking sports, celebrity or mainstream news events within minutes or hours of occurrence.
- Optimize your requirements in on-site equipment and staffing with easy-to-use, fast file transfer and fully automated workflows that capture, rough edit, and move media.
- Transfer video and rich media informational assets to clients worldwide with high speed and reliability for a better experience.
Organizations such as Time, Inc.’s Sports Illustrated have created fully-automated software systems that read high-definition RAW images directly from a camera’s memory card, and transfer the files at high speed back to headquarters for editorial, using Aspera software. Events such as the Final 4 and the Beijing Olympics involve the transfer of tens or hundreds of thousands of files to be made available online only minutes/hours after on-site capture.
Video Journalism and Syndication
As video has become an integral part of online daily news reporting, journalists have become videographers as well. One of the leading daily newspapers in the US has equipped its field reporting staff, especially in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, with collaborative file transfer solution Aspera faspex™ Server for reliable content uploads at many times the speed of traditional FTP.
Digital Asset Management
The distribution of digital knowledge assets is critical for companies such as Thomson-Reuters that bank their brands on supplying valuable information to their subscribing clientele, but as files grow larger, distribution becomes ever more difficult. Aspera software has been integrated into leading asset management systems including North Plains TeleScope and purpose-built systems such as GLOBALedit to support efficient transfer of these assets over long distances.
- Allin Interactive
- Arirang TV
- Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC)
- BT Sport
- Cinema Cloud
- Deluxe Digital Studios
- Fuel VFX
- Groupe AB
- James Cameron's Avatar
- MSG Varsity
- Phoenix TV
- Random House
- Sky Italia
- The Weather Channel
- Trailer Park
- Trinity Fellowship
- UEFA Euro 2012
- Universal Pictures
- Weta Digital
“Not only does Aspera software offer excellent ease-of-use for our operators, its transport technology stands out as the emerging standard with a majority of our media partners.”
Martin Brannigan, Head of Broadcast Operations at Sky Italia