High-Speed Transfer Server
Combining next-generation transport with exceptional transfer and user management capabilities for enterprise applications, the Aspera High-Speed Transfer Server (previously known as Enterprise Server & Connect Server) is the industry standard for transferring files, directories and large data sets over the WAN.
With patented FASP® transport at its core, Aspera's High-Speed Transfer Server delivers maximum transfer throughput independent of distance and network conditions, typically achieving 10-100x speed improvement over FTP/SCP and HTTP, with end-to-end security and exceptional bandwidth control.
Featuring a folder-based directory, the server lets authorized users upload and download data using a web browser. Connections with High-Speed Transfer Endpoints, Desktop Clients, Aspera Drive, Embedded Clients, and Aspera's Mobile Applications are also supported.
Thanks to a set of rich APIs, the Aspera High-Speed Server can be embedded into any web application to serve as the high-speed backbone for transfers of file-based data over the public Internet or private IP links.
With the option to run in the cloud, the server enables access to instantly scalable, on-demand storage and computing capacity.
Global file exchange for large, distributed groups of users
Share and exchange files or entire directories of any size with users across the globe, over any distance or network, using only a web browser.
Enterprise-wide file movement
Create a centralized, high-speed file repository that can be accessed via a browser, Aspera Clients, Aspera Mobile Applications, or custom applications.
Field and third-party content contribution
Enable outside organizations to easily contribute or download digital content via secure, reliable, high-speed file transfers.
High-speed file transfer backbone behind web applications
Using Aspera’s rich APIs, easily enable high-speed file uploads and downloads for web applications such as digital asset management systems and media content portals.
FTP / SFTP SERVER REPLACEMENT FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE TRANSFERS
With speeds that are hundreds of times faster than traditional protocols, FASP-powered Aspera High-Speed Transfer Server eliminates the low-speed, unreliable, insecure, and bandwidth-underutilizing FTP transfers with blazing-fast transport, enterprise-grade security, and unmatched bandwidth utilization and control.
Fast, reliable transfers
Manually transfer files and directories or schedule repeating transfers. Allocate bandwidth based on transfer priority. Enable connections with a variety of client options including desktop applications, web and mobile apps, and third-party embedded clients. Provide worry-free experience with automatic retry-and-resume for failed transfers.
Scalable and efficient transfer environment
High-performance FASP transport supports thousands of concurrent transfer sessions, delivering solid throughput over high-loss and high-delay networks while maximizing utilization of allocated bandwidth.
Aspera FASP transport technology protects your vital digital assets with thorough SSH authentication, in-transit and at-rest encryption, and data integrity verification for each transmitted block.
Granular administrative Control
Server administrators can create user accounts with varied levels of access control, defining “root” directory, security requirements and bandwidth profiles. Admin-level users have access to real-time transfer monitoring, detailed reporting, and control over aggregate and per-flow transfer rate caps and prioritization.
File-based workflow automation
Create repeatable and scheduled transfers (one-time and recurring) using templates in Aspera Console. Develop custom pre- and post-transfer processing with hot folders, scripts, web services and third-party embedded clients. Accept Aspera file transfer and automatically forward files to any other Aspera server.
Versatile File Transfers
Supports various options for transfer initiation, management and reporting
- Transfer initiation from a web browser, mobile app, desktop client, endpoint, command line, or third-party embedded client
- Guaranteed delivery times with “minimum transfer rate” configurable via transfer priority levels
- High-availability cluster configuration options (active/active or active/passive) and reliable deliveries with automatic retry and resume of partial or failed transfers
- Deployable on-premises or in public, private or hybrid clouds
- Ability to name, track and report on any transfer with an optional transfer history database
- Simultaneous multi-location file delivery using multi-point transfers
- Automatic, fast and lossless inline compression reduces data set transfer sizes, providing further boost to Aspera's industry-leading transfer performance
- Parallel / multi-host transfer feature enables mass data transfers to multiple computers in both cloud storage and on-premises compute clusters
Maximum control, even resource usage, and fastest transfer times with configurable options for controlling the intra-file 'splitting' over the parallel sessions
Lightweight, self-installing application compatible with most standard browsers
- Automatic installation, upgrade and launch within the web browser
- Browser-independent transfers let users continue working or close the browser while transfers run in the background
- File, directory, and multi-item transfers are supported. Queues uploads and downloads and allows user to override queue priorities and make on-the-fly rate control changes
- Basic transfer bandwidth and progress reporting
- Can be deployed in cloud infrastructure, taking advantage of unlimited storage and transfer scale-out and with optimized cloud I/O for maximum transfer speeds
- Easy deployment on Amazon Web Services, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, and the Google Cloud
Administrators have full control over user settings, can configure transfer parameters (preset and in real-time), access real-time monitoring, and create custom reports
- Define access rights and transfer settings for an unlimited number of server users, and enforce security settings based on organizational requirements
- Set transfer priorities and define aggregate or per-flow bandwidth allocation; vary transfer settings based on time-of-day/day-of-week, per user or group, and by client IP address or metadata
- Monitor all incoming and outgoing transfers in real-time; cancel, pause, resume or reorder transfers in the queue on the fly; configure email notifications and delivery confirmations on client and server
- Using Aspera Console, access detailed server transfer logs in a centralized database and run pre-defined or custom reports for billing and auditing
Keep your business-critical digital assets safe with Aspera’s enterprise-grade security features
- Secure, encrypted sessions using thorough SSH authentication
- AES-128 data encryption in-transit and at-rest with configurable per-user encryption settings and minimum required password strength
- Server-side encryption at rest for seamless on-the-fly encryption and decryption of content written to Aspera server hosts using a secret supplied by the server
- Configurable encryption settings per user, with complete transfer authorization policies and security options
- FIPS 140-2 compliant cryptographic module
- Data integrity verification for each transmitted block
- Allow or deny transfer requests by client IP address and by cookie patterns
- Built-in support for FASP Proxy enables high-speed transfers within restrictive networks with the option for HTTP fallback
Automate routine transfers as well as pre- and post-delivery file processing
- Create repeatable and scheduled transfers (one-time and recurring) through templates using Aspera Console
- Utilize hot folder services and define custom pre- and post-delivery functionality using scriptable command line, web services or SDK library
- Automatically forward uploaded files to any other Aspera node, even when files arrive via non-Aspera means (e.g. FTP deliveries)
File Format Validation
Supports the emerging standards for broadcast file format validation such as AS11 / DPP MEDIA
- Extensible framework supports post-transfer processing and validation via plug-ins
- Integrates with 3rd party software such as Metaglue
Leverage Aspera’s core file transfer functionality through a comprehensive Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Initiate and monitor transfers via web services
- Integrate rich Java, C#, and C++ APIs into any web application and use web services API for transfer automation
- Benefit from Aspera’s top-notch engineering and R&D via an annual development subscription, which includes all available libraries, APIs, development licenses and support
Please click to enlarge.
Main Window with Transfer Monitor
Mac OS X
Main Window with Transfer Monitor
User Access Control
User Network Configuration
Delivery Receipt & E-mail Notification
Operating Systems Supported by the Latest Version
- Windows: Windows 7 with service pack 1, 8.1, 10, or Windows Server 2008 R2 with service pack 2, 2012 R2, 2016
- Linux 64-bit: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, 16.04 LTS, 17.10; RHEL 6-7; CentOS 6-7; SLES 11-12; Debian 7-9; Fedora 26-27; Kernel 2.4 or higher and Glibc 2.5+, Fedora 16-20; Kernel 2.4 or higher and Glibc 2.5+
- Mac OS X: OS X 10.11, macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra)
- AIX: 6.1, 7.1
- Linux on Z 64-bit: RHEL S/390 Server release 5.11
For specific operating systems and browser versions, please refer to the Release Notes on the Download site for the specific server release.
Web Browsers Supported by the Latest Version
- Windows: Chrome 62-64, Microsoft Edge 39-41, Internet Explorer 11, Firefox 56-58, Firefox ESR 52
- Mac OS X: Chrome 62-64, Firefox 56-58, Safari 11, Firefox ESR 52
- Linux: Chrome 62-64, Firefox 56-58, Firefox ESR 52
Minimum Hardware Requirements
Refer to the minimum hardware requirements for your operating system.
Additionally, High-Speed Transfer Servers require:
- Screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher for graphical user interface on any supported operating system.
Transfer software licensing is multi-tiered licensing based on transfer bandwidth capacity. One license per installed host for a single host license, or one license per installed server cluster, for a high availability (HA) license. Supports any number of unique user accounts for transfer and is thus intended for transfer applications that require multi-user transfer support. Optional license add-ons include Aspera Console and FASP Proxy.
Also available as a subscription service with Aspera On Demand, with pricing based on usage and subscription term length.
Web application for transfer management, monitoring and control across your entire Aspera network.
Aspera client applications and SDKs enable high-speed FASP®-powered file transfers of any size on virtually any device, across global distances from anywhere in the world, and with any Aspera transfer server running on premise or on a cloud platform.
Transfer software that enables users to transfer files directly between locations. Can be remotely managed and controlled from Aspera Console.
Aspera's FASP Proxy enables secure high-speed transfers for client users within highly restrictive network environments.
Customer Success Stories
“Before Aspera, we were only utilizing a fraction of our bandwidth, transferring at 40-50Mbps. Now that
we’ve deployed Aspera software, we consistently transfer at our maximum allocated rate of 300 Mbps,
fully utilizing the bandwidth, while protecting other critical traffic."Victor Felix, Senior Software Engineer at IGS