Aspera Desktop Client is a full-featured desktop transfer client used to initiate and automate transfers with the Aspera High-Speed Transfer Server and the Aspera High-Speed Transfer Endpoint. Supporting a variety of operating systems, it is a lightweight, easy-to-use application that lets users easily and securely transfer large files and directories at high speeds over any network distance, type or condition.
High-speed, secure content distribution over any network
Provide geographically-dispersed teams with a high-speed transport to upload and download digital content. Aspera’s patented FASP® transfer technology moves data at the highest speeds regardless of the file sizes, network type (intercontinental WANs, satellite, Wi-Fi), transfer distances or network conditions.
FTP / SFTP server replacement for high performance transfers
With speeds that are hundreds of times faster than traditional protocols, FASP-powered Aspera Desktop Client coupled with the High-Speed Transfer Server eliminates the low-speed, unreliable, insecure, and bandwidth-underutilizing FTP transfers with blazing fast transport, enterprise-grade security, and unmatched bandwidth utilization and control.
- Delivers transfer rates that are hundreds of times faster than traditional transfer protocols.
- Precise bandwidth control ensures full utilization of available bandwidth, while remaining fair to other network traffic.
- 100% reliable data delivery with retry-and-resume for paused or failed transfers.
Variety of transfer options
- Send files and folders manually through a simple, intuitive graphical user interface.
- Trigger automatic transfers with hot folders.
- Leverage a flexible scriptable command line interface for automated, unattended transfers.
Performance monitoring and control
- Graphical real-time transfer rate display shows bandwidth utilization.
- Users can adjust transfer priority and bandwidth utilization on the fly.
Comprehensive enterprise-grade security
- SSH authentication.
- In-transit and at-rest encryption of files and folders.
- Data integrity verification for every transmitted data block.
Unrivaled Aspera performance
- Powered by Aspera’s patented FASP® transport technology, content is sent at high speed, regardless of file sizes, transfer distances or network conditions.
- Precise bandwidth control ensures the entire allocated bandwidth is utilized to achieve maximum transfer speeds, while remaining fair to other business-critical network traffic.
- Automatic, fast and lossless inline compression reduces data set transfer sizes, providing further boost to Aspera's industry-leading transfer performance.
- 100% reliable data delivery with real-time reporting of transfer progress and performance.
Versatile yet easy-to-use software
- Simple, intuitive user interface that makes it easy to browse remote files and directories and to initiate high-speed uploads.
- Transfers can be initiated manually, or automatically queued and scheduled with hot folders.
- Command line scripting option provides the means to automate transfers and add custom pre- and post-transfer processing steps.
- Support for Aspera Files major functions including interactive file and folder browsing, upload/download, and hot folder functionality.
Precise bandwidth utilization control
- Real-time visual monitoring of transfer progress and transfer queue.
- Ability to adjust bandwidth utilization on the fly; ideal for boosting transfer speeds for time-critical content or throttling down less important transfers to leave bandwidth for other business-critical network traffic (e.g. video conferencing).
Keep your business-critical digital assets safe with Aspera’s enterprise-grade security features.
- Thorough SSH authentication.
- AES-128 data encryption in-transit and at-rest with configurable per-user encryption settings and minimum required password strength.
- Native key store for passwords using OS's native secret key store to store passwords for remote connections, instead of a local persistent store
- Configurable encryption settings per user, with complete transfer authorization policies and security options.
- FIPS 140-2 compliant cryptographic module.
- Data integrity verification for each transmitted block.
Operating Systems Supported by the Latest Version
- Windows: 2008r2, 2012r2, 7, 8, 10
- Linux 64-bit and 32-bit: Ubuntu 12-15, RHEL 6-7, CentOS 6-7, SLES 11-12, Debian 6-7, Fedora 16-20; Kernel 2.4 or higher and Glibc 2.5+
- Mac OS X: 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
- AIX: 6.1, 7.1
Have another operating system? Check other Desktop Client versions.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
Refer to the minimum hardware requirements for your operating system.
Additionally, Desktop Client requires:
- Screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher for graphical user interface on any supported operating system.
The Desktop Client is available for download at no charge.
The Aspera High-Speed Transfer Server is a versatile universal server application with a variety of client options (desktop, mobile, embedded), and with support for manual or automated transfers of files and directories. It enables seamless high-speed movement of files and directories across global enterprises, high-volume content ingest and distribution, and replaces FTP/SFTP servers for transfers of large, business-critical data.
The Aspera High-Speed Transfer Endpoint provides the ability to directly connect to other endpoints and transfer servers. The software comes complete with an interface that allows users to easily navigate file systems, initiate transfers and remotely control the transfer environment using Aspera Console.
Aspera's FASP Proxy enables secure high-speed transfers for client users within highly restrictive network environments.
Customer Success Stories