Aspera Console is a web-based management application that provides complete visibility over your Aspera high-speed transfer environment, enables real-time, centralized control over transfers, nodes and users, and maintains comprehensive logging for customized reports and auditing.
With Aspera Console administrators can initiate, manage, and monitor all Aspera transfers between transfer servers and managed transfer clients across a wide area network (WAN), including real-time notification, logging and reporting capabilities, while maintaining a centralized transfer history database for detailed auditing and historical reporting.
From the Aspera Console, users can also automate files transfers—including multi-site synchronization with Aspera Sync and full business process orchestration with the Aspera Orchestrator—and integrate with third-party applications.
Centralized control over Aspera high-speed transfer environment
Remotely manage all nodes and transfers via a single-point application.
Complex workflow management
Create reusable transfer templates and schedule recurring transfers with custom pre- and post-processing steps.
User and group management
Configure user and group policies for all managed nodes from a single interface.
Reporting and auditing
Create customized transfer and node activity reports for auditing and billing.
Consolidated, web-based control application
Monitor and control transfer activity and bandwidth utilization on all connected Aspera transfer nodes. Initiate ad-hoc transfer jobs remotely between any managed nodes.
Schedule recurring transfers, enable multi-site synchronization, and support complex workflow automation. Create custom pre- and post-processing functionality on managed nodes.
Comprehensive control over nodes, users, and groups
Configure all node properties including bandwidth controls, encryption settings, directory creation masks, and email notifications. Define transfer and authorization settings by user or group, including bandwidth caps, transfer priorities, encryption and security settings.
Centralized transfer reporting
Centralized transfer history database with automated backup and purging. Customizable reporting engine for user-defined reports and advanced custom query development.
Centralized Administration and Control
- Consolidated dashboard and detailed drill-down views to monitor and control network-wide transfer activity and bandwidth utilization.
- On-the-fly control over individual transfers’ speed and priority.
- Configuration of aggregate bandwidth per node or per user group.
- Remotely browse nodes and initiate ad-hoc transfer jobs.
Transfer Management & Automation
- Create automated one-time or recurring Aspera transfers including multi-point "Smart Transfers" that can be used for multi-point distribution of files or directories and as templates for automated, repeatable transfer jobs.
- Add custom pre- and post-processing functionality on managed nodes using scripts, web services or SDK library.
- Automatically forward any file to/from any managed Aspera node, even files that arrive via non-Aspera transfers.
- Background process engine delivers high-speed, robust and reliable performance, and faster, more responsive user interface.
- Monitor status and performance statistics of Aspera Sync sessions, including per file/directory synchronization status, conflicts, errors and pending transfers.
Node management and User Access Control
- Remotely configure all node properties such as bandwidth controls, encryption settings, directory creation masks, and email notifications.
- Define transfer settings and authorization policies by user, including bandwidth caps and priorities, encryption requirements and security settings.
- Manage group policies, including local Windows and Unix groups.
- Maintain strict security with SSH authentication, secure SSH tunneling to Aspera nodes, per-user encryption settings and enforceable encryption-at-rest policies.
Improved scalability from storing nodes transfer information locally where Console can retrieve the data in batches via API, reducing network round trips to pull get data.
Nodes can be polled and monitored by multiple Consoles, and are not tethered to a single Console database.
Secure Access and Transfers
Keep your business-critical digital assets safe with Aspera’s enterprise-grade security features
- Thorough SSH authentication
- Support for multiple SAML certificate fingerprint algorithms
- Active Directory and LDAP integration
- AES-128 data encryption in-transit and at-rest with configurable per-user encryption settings and minimum required password strength
- Configurable encryption settings per user, with complete transfer authorization policies and security options
- FIPS 140-2 compliant cryptographic module
- Data integrity verification for each transmitted block
Auditing and Reporting
- Comprehensive, centralized transfer history database with automatic scheduled backups, age-based purging and ability to handle very large transfer histories (1 million records).
- Users can create activity reports by day, IP address or user and export to XML or CSV.
- Built-in GUI wizard for generating report templates includes the ability to organize reports by multiple field levels, add and remove included fields, sort the resulting data on multiple fields with precedence, and filter for specific field values and matching expressions.
- Advanced report generator for authoring and validating custom SQL queries as report templates, and comprehensive online help with editable example templates and documentation of the underlying database tables.
- Support for custom reporting fields (including custom metadata) in individual files or transfer sessions enables building reports using custom fields, to meet business-specific needs.
- Automatic generation of online, CSV and MS Excel report formats. Manages report sizes to prevent unintentional emailing of unmanageably large reports.
- Individual user permissions on transfer paths enforced for reports. Users see only report data to which they have access rights.
- Greater robustness allows Console to be taken down for maintenance without losing information about transfer activity and then catch up when brought back online
Please click to enlarge.
Operating Systems Supported
- Windows: 2008r2, 2012r2, 2016
- Linux 64-bit: RedHat 6-7, CentOS 6-7, SUSE 11-12; Aspera Common Components 1.2.22
COMPATIBLE WEB BROWSERS
Internet Explorer 8+, Firefox 27+, Safari 6+, Google Chrome 40+
For specific operating systems and browser versions, please refer to the compatibility chart or read the Release Notes on the Download site for the specific Console release.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
Aspera Console requires the following hardware for any supported operating system:
- 4 GHz dual-core CPU or better
- 8 GB of RAM
- 10 GB of disk space
Managed Aspera nodes
One license per installed host for a single host license, or one license per installed server cluster, for a high availability (HA) license. Each license includes one managed node. Additional software licensing is required for each additional managed node.
Customer Success Stories