> PRODUCT UPDATE
> CUSTOMER SUCCESS
This month we are excited to announce the release of many new product updates across our entire portfolio!
You can read about all of our latest new products at What’s New Fall 2016 and the specific release notes by product.
- Enterprise Server/Connect Server/Point-to-Point/Desktop Client 3.7 has deep enhancements across ascp, ascp4, async, asperanoded and asperawatchfolderd covering major transfer performance gains with a new receiving architecture in ascp and strides in ascp4, as well as new capabilities for live data and video streams, cloud storage, security, post-processing, file management events, and multi-tenant clustering.
- Drive 2.0 now available for Windows and OS X fully integrates with Aspera Files as well as Aspera Shares and Faspex for remote browse, transfer, sync, right-click send of packages and automatic package download and content preview.
- Aspera Transfer Cluster Manager 1.2 is a major new update for our auto-scaling platform now available with AWS Advanced Networking drivers, major enhancements for running in VPC’s, and several new features for provisioning and management.
- Shares 1.9.6 adds major new API capabilities for Shares and User Management with access control by Administrator and Manager roles, as well as new configuration options for Manager Permissions, and new features for using LDAP, SAML and local users and groups in combination.
- Console 3.1 adds for the first time reporting (real-time and history) of transfers on ATCM clusters and builds on several improvements in watch folder and Smart Transfer automation and Sync and Shares reporting released in Console 3.0.7.
- Cargo 1.6 allows Cargo on Windows and OS X to be run as system services in addition to an end user program for scalable management in content distribution use cases, and has new options to configure the maximum number of concurrent transfers.
- Orchestrator 2.6 is a major update covering the Workflow Designer, Work Orders, Journals, Custom Dashboards and Portlets, the automation API, and Queue management, in addition to several new plugins and enhancements to existing plugins.
- Virtual Catcher 2.4.4 includes a number of enhancements in the CORBA CMS interface, and various improvements on Windows and Linux.
- Microsoft SharesPoint 1.6 is also a significant update with a new deduplication of data between the Aspera server nodes and the Document Library, enhanced support for streaming of large content, support for SharePoint’s recycle bin, and new capabilities for EDiscovery workflows.
- Enterprise Server 3.6 for zLinux is our first zLinux release for Aspera transfer servers.
Stay up to date on the latest Aspera product releases by following our What's New Forum.
WRAP-UP: ASPERA AT IBC016
This year's IBC was a great success for Aspera. Highlights include our participation in both the IBC Leaders' Summit and a panel session on how we helped UEFA deliver an enhanced viewing experience for Euro 2016. We experienced significant customer interest in our latest innovations. At the IABM Design & Innovation Awards, Aspera became the first company to win an award in the new “Project, Event or Alternative Product/Service” category. The award honored a project with BASE Media Cloud to support high-volume global media workflows for the 2016 FIA Formula E electric vehicle racing series using Aspera Files.
ASPERA IN FINANCIAL SERVICES
Banks, insurance companies, and other financial institutions of all sizes are relying more on Aspera to securely move their big data globally at maximum speed, which significantly reduces cycle Aria, risks and costs in areas such as big data analytics, batch processing, and business continuity and disaster recovery. Learn more about our financial services solutions on our Banking and Insurance pages.
CUSTOMER SUCCESS: ASPIRE ACADEMY
Aspire Academy, a government-funded football academy in Qatar, has deployed Aspera Faspex and Aspera On Demand to transfer multi-gigabyte football recordings from any location in the world to their headquarters in Qatar and then to their Azure Data Storage. Using Aspera Solutions, Aspire transfers video recordings ranging in size from 2 – 20 GB each in minutes or hours instead of several days.
Read more >>
Avid, a media technology leader and creator of the Avid Everywhere Vision and Avid MediaCentral Platform, has integrated Aspera technology into their Avid Media Composer, an advanced HD and high-res video-editing tool. Aspera for Avid Media Composer enables editors to ingest and deliver huge media files with incredible speed and reliability over their existing wide area networks (WANs) to meet the time-critical demands of the editorial process.
Read more >>
SEE US AT AN EVENT
October 16-21, 2016
Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
AKAMAI EDGE 2016
October 19-21, 2016
Hilton San Francisco Union Square
San Francisco, CA
BROADCAST INDIA SHOW 2016
October 20-22, 2016
Bombay Exhibition Centre
October 24-27, 2016
Loews Hollywood Hotel
CONVERGED IT SUMMIT
October 24-26, 2016
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa
San Diego, CA
October 24-27, 2016
October 25-27, 2016
October 26-28, 2016
Centro Costa Salguero
Buenos Aires, Argentina
SPORTSCASTING CONFERENCE & EXPO
October 26-27, 2016
Watch a Webinar
- INTERRA SYSTEMS BATON WITH ASPERA FASPSTREAM
- Recorded on June 28, 2016
- INTRODUCING ASPERA VIRTUAL CATCHER
- Recorded on June 30, 2016
- ORCHESTRATOR UPDATE
- Recorded on June 30, 2016
- POST-NAB VIRTUAL ROADSHOW: WHAT'S NEW AT ASPERA
Recorded on May 26, 2016
- SEAMLESS TRANSGLOBAL SHARING OF MEDICAL IMAGES AT MAXIMUM SPEED WITH ASPERA
- Recorded on March 24, 2016
- ASPERA FOR MICROSOFT SHAREPOINT
- Recorded on March 22, 2016
- ASPERA ON DEMAND PRODUCT UPDATE - SPRING 2016
- Recorded on March 3, 2016
- INTRODUCING ASPERA FILES – LARGE DATA SHARING AND COLLABORATION IN THE CLOUD
Recorded on May 13, 2015
- ENABLING MOLECULAR BIOLOGY RESEARCH AT EMBL WITH ASPERA'S HIGH-SPEED DATA TRANSFER
Recorded on January 21, 2016