SIGN UP to receive our newsletter with the latest industry and product news from Aspera.
> JOIN US AT IBC
> IBC365 WEBINAR
JOIN US AT IBC
Welcome to the IBC 2019 special edition of Aspera FASP Times. We hope you'll join us at the RAI Amsterdam from 13-17 September. Our demo zone in the IBM booth (Hall 7 Stand #B25) will showcase the latest developments in the Aspera portfolio including automation in the cloud, blockchain integration, and our cloud-native architecture running on Red Hat OpenShift.
ASPERA AT IBC 2019
At this fall’s IBC show, Aspera will introduce new features & capabilities enabling the next generation of cloud media workflows. Highlights include:
HYBRID MULTICLOUD WORKFLOW AUTOMATION
- Streamline content delivery with user-configurable recurring or event-based transfer workflows using the new Automation app in Aspera on Cloud.
- Enjoy fast file transfer as part of Watson Media analytics and captioning services that can be coordinated using Aspera Orchestrator.
SECURE EXCHANGE OF MEDIA ASSETS
Add another layer of security to the exchange of media assets using blockchain and digital watermarking.
- Tap into the open source framework created by a network of supply chain partners to build a blockchain-based distributed ledger that creates an immutable chain of custody for your content.
- Add Irdeto digital watermarking technology to your content directly from Aspera on Cloud.
Transfer, stream, sync, and share your content using Aspera's containerized, scalable software optimized to run on Red Hat OpenShift.
- The Aspera High-Speed Transfer Server is now certified to run on Red Hat OpenShift and has been included in the IBM Cloud Pak for Integration, a complete solution for hybrid cloud integration.
- New Aspera on Cloud APIs provide easier access to and integration with transfer endpoints.
GET HANDS ON SOLUTIONS WITH CLOUD-NATIVE ARCHITECTURE
Want to see how easily Aspera can stream UHD live footage to the cloud? Stop by our booth to get on the set as an IBM Weather reporter. See how Aspera reliably streams your footage from the camera to IBM Cloud Object Storage. Share your clip with family, friends and colleagues directly from the IBM Cloud.
For more information about new releases and features across the Aspera portfolio, be sure the check out our IBC 2019 Blog coming soon.
UPCOMING WEBINAR: AUTOMATED MEDIA WORKFLOWS IN THE CLOUD
Across media and entertainment, more organizations are moving to modern, cloud-based applications to meet growing demands for scale and flexibility. As a complement to the scale and efficiency of high-volume cloud-based IT operations, process automation can greatly streamline media workflows.
Join us on Tuesday, 3 September at 7:30 am PDT / 3:30 pm GMT for an IBC365 webinar to learn how the new Automation functionality available in IBM Aspera on Cloud can transform routine processes. BASE Media Cloud will join IBM Aspera to describe purpose-built cloud workflows for digital media companies, including automated quality control and content distribution.
CUSTOMER SUCCESS: COMTELSAT ENABLES 24/7 BROADCASTING OPERATIONS
Comtelsat, a systems integrator based in Mexico, focuses on providing IT services to media and entertainment companies throughout Latin America. Many of their clients are government organizations and political parties who rely on television to communicate to national audiences.
Comtelsat turned to IBM to efficiently manage and distribute petabytes of video, while adding value to content with machine learning. Thanks to this solution, Comtelsat has seen a 90% improvement in distribution speed and is able to get new content on-air in less than a day.
ASPERA AT IBC 2019
ASPERA PRESENTATIONS AT IBC
Date: Monday, 16 September
Time: 2:30 PM
Location: Hall 8, Stand F40
Title: Blockchain: the next-gen security standard for the M&E value chain?
Date: Tuesday 17 September
Time: 10:45 AM
Location: The Forum, RAI
Title: Content beyond broadcast: Creating efficient content supply chains from media to match day
IBM COCKTAIL RECEPTION
Date: Tuesday, April 9
Time: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Booth #: SL5005
Date: Tuesday, 3 September
Time: 7:30 AM (US Pacific)
Title: Automated Media Workflows in the Cloud