Orchestrator 2.6 builds upon the major v 2.5 release to extend performance for high volume processing scenarios by providing linear scalability, tighter integration to enterprise environments, workflow management enhancements, and expanded integration with partner solutions. In addition, a variety of security enhancements have been added such as token-based authentication, automatically generated API keys, user password validation, user locking on failed login attempts, and user permissions management. Several new additions to the automation APIs mprove the solution’s integration flexibility, include monitoring snapshots, JSON integration, work order listing, and more.
Major improvements to Orchestrator’s execution engine and worker communications system have substantially improved end-to-end workflow execution speed by increasing the number of steps that can be executed per second. The optimized solution improves work step execution speed by 10x over the previous generation allowing organizations to scale out their workflows and more efficiently utilize processing resources. Key features include performance enhancements to reduce work order initialization time and a new changeset capability to reduce duplication of data in database table.
IMPROVED USER EXPERIENCE
- New Mount Manager screen (to easily manage network attached storage)
- New redesigned Journals screen with a new layout for easy access to data within all Journal books
- New Help Tab which includes
- New search portal (to aid users to quickly find answers to common questions)
- Admin guide and User guides accessible via the web GUI
WORKFLOW DESIGNER IMPROVEMENTS
The Workflow Designer has been improved adding new icons to make it easier for users to identify pre-processing and post-processing steps.
- Search functionality in the designer plugin menu to search and find plugins faster
- Workflow Designer improvements to aid usage of keyboard to control the step positioning
- Updated visual objects, keyboard shortcuts, incomplete configuration highlighting, and versioning of work step configurations have been added to simply the creation and debugging process of workflows.
- Sub-workflow groupings, cut & paste functions, and batch move functions have been added to streamline the re-use of work steps between one workflow and the next.
Organizations can benefit from increased operator productivity from a variety of new user screens that have been added to the solution.
- A new Statistic screen lets users view historical graphs of workflow executions.
- The new Activity screen shows real-time progress of every executing workflow.
- Improvements to the filter screen now allows for selection of multiple statuses, workflows, and tagged labels.
- Reorder Queued items in bulk
- Obtained filtered work ordered data via API
Aspera Orchestrator now supports a total of 150 plugins with 14 new 3rd party integrations and 6 new utilities since last year’s release. The new plugin manager allows for easy install, uninstall, upgrade, reload, and disable of plugins as necessary.
New third party integrations include:
- Dolby DP600 (v2.6)
- ThePlatform plugin improvement allowing Program Objects (v2.6)
- 3Play integration for closed captioning (v2.6)
- Dalet’s Asset Management system
- Xytech MediaPulse workorders
- SGL FlashNet Archiving system
- Marquis MEWs SOAP API
- Emotion eNGINE audio analysis
- ShowMgr broadcast budgeting tool
- CatDV Database REST requests
- Snell Alchemist for signal processing and conversions
- Fortium MediaSeal Encryption
- Ateme Transcoding jobs
- Minnetonka Audio Tool for audio processing
- MOG mxfSPEEDTRAIL workflows
- Interra Baton File Correction on failed QCs
New Utilities include:
- Node API v4 integration to monitor transfers on ATCM and other Aspera Transfer servers (v2.6)
- ASCP Transfer with a file list option (v2.6)
- Execute cURL requests
- FTP folder watcher
- XML parsing using XPath
- ICAP Streams for data loss prevention and virus scans tools
- Triggering Console Smart Transfers
- Media properties using FFProbe