We are excited to announce the latest versions of Aspera’s Enterprise Server and Connect Server, Point-to-Point, and Client (versions 3.3 and 3.4), built on fasp 3 and enhanced with a number of fantastic capabilities for performance, automation, cloud and CDN integration.
New versions of faspex (version 3.5) and Shares (versions 1.5 and 1.6) now integrate their file sharing, package sending and receiving, and distribution capabilities. Many new features allow publishing media from or receiving files to any storage location (including on premise or on cloud), and allow for rapid, easy support of ad hoc file sending and receiving with 3rd party end users and integrated SAML authentication. A new Android mobile application complements the iOS mobile client, as well as Connect browser, Outlook email and Cargo downloader clients.
The latest versions of Aspera Sync (1.4 and 1.5) also provide many new capabilities, such as the de-duplication of content at the destination which saves bandwidth, synchronization time and disk storage on the target device, even faster file processing, and integrated support for preservation of Windows ACLs and OS X extended attributes.
Also available is Console 2.0, the newest release of Aspera's centralized monitoring, management, and reporting software, which delivers a new user interface and a new engine and API for transfer queuing management and automation. Please drill down for the latest release details.
universal content transport platform
With the recent release of fasp 3 and an update to all core transfer software, Aspera has brought to market the first truly universal content transport platform. Intrinsically enabled for cloud object storage endpoints such as Amazon Web Services S3, Microsoft Windows Azure BLOB and now Akamai NetStorage and OpenStack, Aspera fasp 3 enables line speed and secure ingest of and access to large volumes of file-based content regardless of storage type or location (block, object, on-premise, in the cloud, or embedded) independent of network type or conditions.
Aspera fasp 3 delivers maximum throughput performance regardless of the format, number or size of the files that are being transferred. Whether you need to move very large sets of small files under 1 MB or a single multi-TB file, fasp 3 software will yield maximum speed and optimally utilize available network bandwidth.
Whether you need to transfer, replicate or synchronize your data, Aspera solutions based on fasp 3 can be deployed in all types of scenarios: one-to-one, hub and spoke, unidirectional and multi-directional transfer and synchronization.
NOW SHIPPING: ENTERPRISE SERVER, CONNECT SERVER, DESKTOP CLIENT, POINT-TO-POINT 3.3
Aspera introduced next versions of Enterprise and Connect Server, Point-to-Point and Client software (v 3.3) built on top of fasp 3, supporting a breadth of new features and capabilities for on premise and on cloud deployment. Native connections for direct transfer to Akamai NetStorage and OpenStack Swift, as well as AWS S3 and Microsoft Azure BLOB are now built-in to the product GUI interface. All products support on-the-wire encryption, encryption at rest, file resume and secure file browsing with all cloud platforms.
The authorization capabilities have been expanded to support multi-tenant applications with private storage access and authorization, including support for Amazon IAM and Azure SaaS URLs, and a new metering service allows for per-user usage metering for billing.
A new ‘splitter’ capability in the server software allows incoming transfer streams to be split in real-time into multiple downstream transfers. Ingested content can be received simultaneously in multiple geographic locations as one session with unified reporting back to the client. An upcoming inline file validation allows for verifying media files before, during and after transfer (v 3.4).
See also at IBC a demonstration of Aspera’s upcoming auto-scaling capability, allowing for seamless automatic provisioning, client load balancing, and de-provisioning of Aspera server nodes in cloud environments such as AWS.
The desktop GUI and browser interfaces are now localized in four languages (Chinese, French, Japanese and French) and support drag-and-drop transfer activation from the desktop. All products are fully compatible with the new Aspera Proxy and support Aspera’s plug-in for Avid.
- File md5sum reported through Console, manifest and post-processing environment with on-the-fly computation.
- Full support for the new Aspera Proxy (hot folder, browsing and transfer).
- New Advanced Security Options for Secure Token Authorization via Public/Private Keys and alternative SSH ciphers.
- New ‘Splitter’ Add-on splits an incoming transfer streams into multiple downstream transfers, effectively transferring the incoming content to multiple Aspera Server endpoints, e.g. for CDN ingest and replication.
- New a3 binary available for Server and Point-to-Point enabling maximum throughput for storage systems requiring parallel I/O (e.g. Avid Isis and Unity) and large sets of tiny files (<100KB). Fully validated for the new Aspera Avid Plugin.
- A new integrated file validation capability and API allows for validating content before, during, and after transfer for virus scanning, media file format checking, and similar services (v.3.4)
- Preservation of Windows ACLs and Mac OS X attributes between like and heterogeneous operating systems (v.3.4).
Cloud and IaaS/SasS Support
- Native connections in the Desktop GUI for direct transfer to Akamai Net Storage and OpenStack, in addition to Amazon S3 and Microsoft Azure. Supports encryption over the wire, encryption-at-rest, and resume.
- Secure Transfer Authorization API supporting Private Per-Tenant Storage Credentials and identity management Amazon IAM and Windows Azure SaaS URLs.
- New Per User Usage Metering Service for Billing in IaaS/SaaS and Cloud Deployments.
- Automatic provisioning capability through ‘Chef’ recipes to boot, configure and brand Aspera server images on AWS and private VMWare environments.
- Enhanced performance for transfer of very large sets of small files (<64 MB) to and from object storage.
- Drag and Drop from desktop file explorer and between local and remote panes in the Desktop GUI.
- Localized versions of Desktop GUI and Connect Server File Browser UI in Chinese, Japanese, French and Spanish in addition to English.
- Full support for sessions through the new Aspera Proxy including remote file browsing, hot folder and managed transfer.
Now shipping: faspex 3.5 and Shares 1.5
content ingest, sharing & DISTRIBUTION
Aspera has released new versions of its faspex and Shares web applications for ingest, collaborative file-sharing, and content distribution with a host of new capabilities. We are also previewing the next generation, Aspera Drive and faspex 4.0 which unify the functionality of Shares and faspex into a single application platform, and extend file sharing to the desktop, including remote browsing, transfer, sync, and package exchange, with the addition of Aspera Drive.
faspex 3.5 and Shares 1.5 are the culmination of the separate deployments of these two product platforms, and are designed to run on-premise or in the cloud, while enabling secure sharing of content and metadata from any location with fine-grained access control.
With faspex 3.5, Aspera “Shares” are now fully integrated as secure, access controlled receiving and publishing points, allowing files and directories to be published as faspex packages from any Aspera “Share” to which the user has access. Vice versa, files sent as faspex packages can be delivered directly to any “Share,” for high-speed global publishing and distribution from any location, including Cloud (AWS and Azure) storage.
faspex Workgroup Inboxes can now be redirected to any configured Aspera Share on an Aspera server host, allowing faspex packages sent to the Workgroup to be delivered directly to the corresponding remote server and storage, and allowing browse and download access directly through the Aspera Shares UI. The capability fully integrates with faspex Dropboxes, allowing faspex Workgroups to rapidly receive content and metadata from 3rd parties to any location.
faspex users can invite 3rd parties to contribute content with optional expiration of access, private invitations or public URLs, and configurable metadata. faspex users and directory service groups (AD, LDAP) can be authorized to browse remote Shares (any storage location including AWS and Azure sources) within the faspex interface, and publish files and directories as faspex packages.
The new remote publishing and remote receiving capabilities extend through the faspex RESful APIs and all faspex clients, enabling ad hoc contribution and secure delivery through a web browser with Aspera Connect, Microsoft Outlook with Aspera Add-in for Outlook, an iOS or Android mobile device, and automatic download to the desktop with Aspera Cargo including a new headless version for Linux embedded systems.
Additional new end-user and API features in faspex 3.5 include the ability to publish files instantly from storage on the faspex server, with no transfer or copy, and the ability to address faspex deliveries to personal distribution lists.
The user management and authorization has been extended to include single sign-on with support for SAML, support for multiple directories for user authentication (ADs and LDAPs), and performance optimization for giant Active Directories (search and authenticate for 100,000 users+). faspex is also fully compatible with the new Aspera proxy enabling high-speed transfers across secure DMZs to the Enterprise Server host without impeding transfer speeds or compromising the security of the internal network.
With Shares 1.5, entire file repositories or selective portions, located on premise or in the cloud, can be shared for secure upload, download and management. This new version includes the option to receive email notification when new content is available in a Share for authorized users and groups.
Both faspex and Shares can be automatically provisioned on AWS and VMWare with custom configuration and branding for multi-tenant IaaS/SaaS deployments on top of a common Enterprise Server cluster, using Aspera’s new ‘Chef recipes’ for automatic boot and configuration.
Feature Highlights – faspex 3.5
- Publish from Remote File Sources (local, enterprise, cloud)
- Securely browse and publish files from any storage location (cloud or on premise) through web UI or RESTful API
- Files are transferred from the remote storage to faspex using fasp
- Send files from storage local to the faspex server instantly with no copies
- Receive to Remote Inbox locations (local, enterprise, cloud)
- Automatically forward files uploaded to a workgroup to any remote storage location
- Aspera Shares Integration
- Remote Aspera Shares as Inboxes for Workgroups with Browse and Download support within the Aspera Shares UI
- Publish from Remote Shares with Per User and Group Access control
- Distribution lists enable sending automatically to named recipient lists
- Automatic global distribution with Cargo clients on embedded Linux,( e.g. Satellite VoD, Dcinema, etc.)
- Security and Authentication
- Single sing-on with support for SAML
- Full support for transfers via aspera Proxy
- Multiple Directories for Authentication supported (multiple ADs and LDAPs)
- Expanded Active/Active and Tiered Architecture
- Active-active HA with shared storage (on Linux)
- Transfer server and faspex web application can be deployed on separate hosts for maximum scale out
- Client Applications
- Faspex app for iOS and new Android app for mobile sending and receiving
- MS Outlook add-in allows transfers of files and directories (any size) from directly within Outlook
- Expanded Ad-hoc Contributions
- Individuals and workgroups can configure public dropboxes (send-to-me URLs) with identity confirmation
- Self-registration enables rapid addition of 3rd parties with moderated and unmoderated use
- Private invitation allows inviting anyone with a valid email address
- Configurable private sending
- (bcc) and notifications of cc list on upload and download
- Faspex On Demand
- Available on demand via AWS subscription
- Seamless integration with Amazon S3 and Microsoft Azure storage
- Automatic provisioning on AWS and VMWare with custom configuration and branding for multi-tenant deployments of web application for IaaS/SaaS offerings
Feature Highlights – Shares 1.5
- Email notification of new content availability configurable per Share with opt-out control
- Email content is configurable with variable substitution and templates
- Streamlined email notifications for administrative activities like new user accounts
- Automatic provisioning on AWS and VMWare with custom configuration and branding for rapid per-tenant deployments of web application for IaaS/SaaS offerings
- Enhanced Active Directory support for very large AD directories (100,000+ users)
- Single sign-on and just-in-time user provisioning with support for SAML (Shares 1.6)
Feature Highlights – Connect 3.1
- The popular universal Aspera browser plug-in client supports all fasp 3 core features and is now available in French, Spanish, Chinese, and Japanese
- Full support for transfers via Aspera Proxy
- Preview of HTTP fallback supported for transfers with S3-compatible cloud storage (Connect 3.2)
NEW PRODUCT - FASPEX MOBILE APP 1.0 FOR ANDROID
FILE COLLABORATION AND EXCHANGE FOR ANDROID-POWERED DEVICES
The faspex mobile app for Android extends the faspex person-to-person file delivery and collaboration to mobile devices running Google's Android operating system. The latest release supports Android 2.2 and above on both phones and tablets.
All standard faspex features are supported, such as the ability to compose, send and receive faspex packages, to and from users using otherfaspex mobile apps, browser interface, Add-in for Outlook, or Cargo, securely, with encryption over the wire or optionally at rest.
The standard Aspera transfer view is available displaying progress of ongoing transfers, and several usability features have been added including support for multiple faspex accounts on the same or different servers, a grid view of received packages displaying thumbnails, and automatic refresh of the faspex inbox based on a user-configurable interval.
Packages can be created from files that come from the built in device camera, the photo gallery, or the Android file system, and saved as drafts, while sent packages are saved in the sent items folder where they can be modified and resent as needed.
- Supports Android 2.2 and above, on phones and tablets, working with faspex server version 3 and above.
- Provides ability to compose, send and receive faspex packages, to and from users with any standard faspex client application.
- Supports Encryption-At-Rest (EAR).
- Allows the user to define and use multiple faspex accounts on the same or different faspex servers.
Now Available: Aspera On Demand
high-speed data transfer for cloud infrastructure enablement
Aspera On Demand unlocks the cloud’s unlimited computing and storage resources for big data applications by delivering high-speed transfers in, out and across the cloud with scale-out transfer capacity, enterprise-grade security, a variety of client options, and applications for ingest, sharing, collaboration and exchange of big data, all available as on-demand subscription services. The latest version extends platform support to Windows Azure, OpenStack and Akamai NetStorage (available Summer 2013), and includes a host of infrastructure enhancements such as integrated usage metering, auto provisioning, and multi-tenant authorization.
Adding to its industry-leading support for high-speed transfer to Amazon Web Services S3, Aspera On Demand for Microsoft Windows Azure is now available including full support for Windows Azure BLOB storage and Windows Azure Media Services.
The Aspera On Demand offering for AWS includes AMIs for Aspera Transfer Server On Demand, Application Platform On Demand (for integration in 3rd party web applications), Aspera faspex On Demand and Shares On Demand, available as a usage-based subscription with monthly, yearly and multi-year options, ranging from 1.2 GB to 12 Petabytes transferred annually.
The latest versions include the latest features of the core products, integrated usage metering for billing, and new auto-provisioning and configuration tools to simplify multi-instance deployments.
Aspera On Demand for Microsoft Azure is a platform service within the Azure infrastructure offering Aspera transfer capability to/from the Azure BLOB on a subscription usage basis. The offering has now been extended with the multi-tenant authorization capabilities enabling customers to deploy their own applications integrating Aspera Connect and Aspera transfer using the Azure Media Services core.
Finally, the Aspera core has been extended with direct transfer support for OpenStack and is enabled for upcoming support by Akamai NetStorage to be available in 2013.
- Available on Microsoft Windows Azure in addition to Amazon Web Services (AWS) as platform service for transfer capability to/from Azure BLOB, on a subscription usage basis.
- Supports direct transfer from Aspera Clients and Servers and integration into 3rd party web applications as a transfer service platform.
- Available on Azure Store.
- Aspera On Demand for AWS includes Transfer Server On Demand, Application Platform On Demand, Aspera faspex On Demand and Aspera Shares On Demand as usage-based subscriptions, monthly, yearly and multi-year options, 1.2GB – 12 Petabytes transferred annually.
- Now supports Open Stack object storage, in addition to S3 and Windows Azure BLOB.
- Integrated, hardened transfer usage-based metering APIs and billing.
- Available throughout the product line, with new auto provisioning tools.
Now Shipping: Aspera Console 2.0
Centralized transfer activity managemenT
Aspera Console enables centralized monitoring, management, and reporting of the entire Aspera transfer environment. The latest release delivers a new user interface with many usability improvements, even greater control over transfer queuing and management, and a new API for full programmatic control and management of transfer sessions.
The latest version of our centralized web management console delivers a new user interface with a new look-and-feel and many usability improvements, such as multi-column sorting, searchable pages, and improved navigation, and introduces a new Transfer Queuing and Management service fully integrated with the Console Smart Transfer capability. This powerful new services allows for automatic concurrency management and pre-emptive reordering control on transfers started via the Console or a new Console API for full programmatic management (REST) of transfer sessions.
The real-time reporting has been enhanced with full support for Aspera Sync sessions, and a new md5sum reporting option displays per file md5sums in the real-time session views, reports, and email notifications.
Improved user administration includes support for Active Directory and LDAP for single sign on, and new event-based audit logging for user login secures and tracks user activity. Finally, Console reporting and management is now fully supported by the latest Apple iTunes Transporter.
- New look and feel with sortable columns, searchable pages and improved navigation.
- New Transfer Queuing service with on-the-fly reordering and reprioritization control for transfers on managed nodes via Smart Transfers and new Console API.
- New job-level API for comprehensive transfer initiation, queuing, management and control through a RESTful API.
- Fully integrated Aspera Sync reporting including synchronization progress status, current session and cumulative statistics on sync’d files and bytes.
- Integrated reporting (session views, email notification, reports) of on-the-fly md5sums for delivery confirmation.
- Advanced search option for searching any file or session history over any time range
- For email notification of transfer status, new search and reporting of configured notifications by user email address and new advanced troubleshooting capabilitiesIntegrated AD/LDAP support and event-based audit logging.
- Enhanced performance specifically for workflows with hot folder transfers.
- Full support for monitoring and managing iTunes Transporter transfers.
Now Shipping: Aspera Sync 1.4 and 1.5
Multi-directional data synchronizatioN
Aspera Sync is purpose-built by Aspera for high-performance, scalable, multidirectional asynchronous file replication and synchronization. The latest release further improves performance with includes numerous new capabilities such as the ability to de-duplicate files saving bandwidth, synchronization time, and disk storage on the target device, full monitoring and reporting through Console, and expanded platform support. Sync is now available on OS X, Solaris and BSD in addition to Windows and Linux. We also support a new distributed event collection system extending file system event monitoring to NAS clients.
Our high-performance file synchronization software now includes the ability to de-duplicate files with the same content at the destination (regardless of file pathname or attributes) saving bandwidth, synchronization time, and disk storage on the target device. It also supports rich include and exclude filters, soft and hard links, secure document roots and token authorization for API integration,, and reporting, monitoring and bandwidth control via Aspera Console (per session and cumulative synchronization stats and progress). Platform support has also been expanded – Sync is now available on OS X, Solaris and BSD in addition to Windows and Linux.
In Aspera Sync 2.0, we are introducing a new distributed event collection system (file system watcher), which offers the fastest possible capture of file system changes on clusters of ingest servers and high availability deployments. The capability extends file system event monitoring to NAS clients (NFS and CIFS) and transmits the event stream (moves, deletes, creates, etc.) in real time to Aspera Sync processes on one or more hosts for synchronization processing. The approach is inherently cluster-able and scalable with both watching and synchronization able to run concurrently on multiple hosts, allowing for both high availability and scale out.
- File-level de-duplication saves network bandwidth and storage. Works in both unidirectional and bidirectional modes (version 1.5)
- Expanded platforms: OS X, Solaris and BSD in addition to Windows and Linux.
- Secure token authorization and document roots as well as API for embedding Sync (version 1.5)
- Performance optimizations for large snapshots (30-50 million files) for even faster synchronization times and faster snapshot cleanup on startup (version 1.5)
- Support for non-posix file systems, e.g. lustre (version 1.5)
- Additional robustness including conflicts and errors automatically cleaned up on startup (version 1.5)
- Full support for secure docroots and token-based authorization (version 1.5)
- Preservantion of Windows ACLs and extended attributes on OS X ( version 1.5)
- Full support for soft and hard links, configurable user and group IDs.
- Monitoring, reporting, and bandwidth control via Console.
- Preview of distributed file system watcher for fastest possible capture of file system changes on NAS (NFS, CIFS) deployments, clusters of ingest servers and very large numbers of files. Clusterable and scalable. (version 2.0)
Now Shipping: Aspera SDK
fasp transport customization and integration
A major new release of Aspera’s SDK is available on the Aspera Developer Network, with many new features, enhancements, and sample code across the entire SDK product line. In addition, Aspera introduced a host of new APIs for Shares, Console, and Multi-tenant Transfer Platforms that will be released in 2013.
New Released Capabilities
- faspmanager SDK has new Java, C++, and .NET versions.
- New Java and .NET sample applications for Visual Studio and .NET frameworks.
- Node API 1.0 – a RESTful API for transfer set up, secure authorization, and browsing with multiple samples and documentation.
- New Consolidated SOAP Web Service API combining all Web services for transfer management.
- New Aspera Stats Collector for querying transfer status across multiple transfer nodes.
- New token generation libraries.
- Multiple new real world samples for Pre and Post Transfer Processing for running custom actions before and after transfer sessions.
- Fully functioning Web application and samples for using the Connect 3.1 JSON APIs.
- Growing file support allows transfers to start for files that are not fully written to disk.
- New pvcl Virtual File System interface for fasp integration with HTTP, FTP, and other legacy file system and transport protocols.
- New Console API for Transfer Initiation, Queuing Control, and Management.
- New Shares API for Browsing, Transfer Authorization, and Upload/Download (available in Shares 1.6)
- New Node API 2.0 with methods for multi-tenant transfer and synchronization set up and authorization, support for move, copy and symbolic link operations, support for PAM authentication, and expanded samples and documentation.
- New, next generation RESTful JSON based Reliable Query API for querying nodes for active transfer status and history.
Preview: Aspera Orchestrator 2.0
File-based workflow automation
The Orchestrator file-based workflow automation platform automates the collection, processing and distribution of large volumes of file-based digital media assets with a rich library of plug-ins for common applications such as A/V, transcoding, virus scanning, ad insertion and encryption. The latest release includes numerous infrastructure enhancements for distributed and high-availability deployments, integration with directory services, and an expanded list of new plug-ins.
Orchestrator now supports additional deployment options including distributed run time engines for cooperative processing, full active-active high-availability configuration, multi-tenant deployments, and support for Active Directory and LDAP. Priority-based job queues allow for more control over job processing, and usability improvements include a new workflow hierarchy to organize Workflows in folders and sub-folders.
An expanded array of plug-ins covers the leading encoding, transcoding, watermarking, and verification products in VoD and broadcast, including Rhozet WFS, Amberfin, Elemental, iTunes , XMP tag read / write, MS Excel document parsing, XSLT Transformation for XML, XSD validation for XML, SFTP based hot folder, in addition to full support of validation of file format standards such as MXF, AS-11 and DPP file formats, and FIMS, an emerging specification for interoperable media components and services.
New Web portlets allow for the dynamic creation of workflow forms, and an enhanced XML-based API provides even greater programmatic control for developers that wish to customize or integrate the Orchestrator workflow platform.
New Server Add-on Packages extend functionality for common automated workflow functions taking advantage of the Orchestrator engine with easy to use and configure common workflows including:
- File Validation on Ingest (md5sum, virus scan, DPP/AS11, etc.).
- Forwarding of files based on faspex Groups or Path.
- Publishing to iTunes or YouTube.
- Publishing to faspex Groups.
- Expanded deployments including support for distributed cooperative processing active/active high-availability, multi-tenancy, and private branding.
- New web portlets allow for dynamic creation of workflow forms.
- Integrated AD/LDAP support.
- Priority-based job queues.
- Expanded plug-in library including: Rhozet WFS, Amberfin, Elemental, iTunes, XMP tag read / write, MS Excel document parsing, XSLT Transformation for XML, XSD validation for XML, SFTP based hot folder.
- Dynamic file conformance and format validation with support for AS11, MXF, DPP.
- Built in support for FIMS compliant media service components.
- Enhanced XML-based API.
Preview: ASPERA MOBILE IOS UPLOADER 1.3
High-speed upload and download for iPad and iPhone
The Aspera Mobile Uploader brings industry-leading, patented Aspera high-speed file transfer to the iPhone and iPad, letting you upload photos or videos from the media library on your iPhone or iPad, or directly from your iPhone’s camera to mobile-enabled Aspera servers (including Aspera On-Demand for Amazon Web Services).
With the latest version, videos can be encoded with custom settings such as file type, bit rate, scaling or video frame size can , rather than having to rely on the built-in iOS presets and chosen settings can be saved as presets, allowing the user to select a specific preset for the encoding of a particular video.
Videos selected from the Photos gallery or shot with the in-app camera facility are now shown with a thumbnail produced from the video, rather than a generic video thumbnail.
- Videos can be encoded and saved with custom settings.
- Videos selected from the Photos gallery or shot with the in-app camera facility are shown with a thumbnail produced from the video.
Preview: faspex Mobile App 2.0 for iOS
File collaboration and exchange for iPad and iPhone
The faspex™ mobile app for the Apple iPhone and iPad is a client app for Aspera faspex specifically designed for mobile devices running Apple's iOS operating system. Users can send and receive any content by initiating high-speed fasp transfers using the faspex email-style workflow, adapted to the style of the native iOS email app.
The latest release is built on top of fasp 3 and now supports metadata collection as part of the faspex package creation. If the faspex server is configured to require customer-specific metadata to be specified when a package is composed, the app now displays and collects that metadata. Similarly, when a received package has custom metadata attached to it, that data is displayed along with the normal faspex package attributes.
Many usability improvements have also been added. Videos and images can now be named by the user in packages the are being composed for sending. Users can thus provide more meaningful names for items, rather than being forced to use random names assigned by iOS. Also, received packages are now displayed with the sizes of the items contained in them - users can use this size information to decide whether or note to download the assets, or in which order they wish to download them, and users can now select multiple items at once from the Photos gallery picker on the iPhone in addition to the iPad. Finally, refreshing the inbox no longer blocks interaction with the inbox view - users can now interact with inbox items, even while the inbox is being refreshed.
- faspex metadata support required during package creation and displayed upon package receipt.
- Videos and images can be named by the user in packages the are being composed for sending.
- Received packages are displayed with the sizes of the items contained in them.
- When running on the iPhone, the user can now select multiple items at one time from the Photos gallery picker.
- Refreshing the inbox no longer blocks interaction with the inbox view.
- Uses the latest fasp release 3.1.
- Cached/remembered recipient addresses are now displayed with a cleaner visual treatment.