Aspera Shares is designed for companies that need to ingest or share content in the form of large files and directories in multiple locations, or multiple servers in the same location, within their organization or with external customers and partners. A single web interface consolidates browsing across all shared content and a powerful and flexible security model provides a single management point combining authorization, user management, and access control.
An easy to use Web application that can be accessed from most standard Web browsers provides secure access to a consolidated view of all available content. With the underlying Aspera FASP® transport at its core, Aspera Shares delivers unmatched performance and includes all the exceptional transfer and management capabilities of the industry-standard Enterprise Server. With the option to run in the cloud and with the ability to connect to on-premise or in-cloud Aspera transfer server instances, Aspera Shares lets you leverage the unlimited storage and computing capacity offered by the cloud and enables hybrid clouds by seamlessly tying together public and private storage.
Global browser-based data distribution
Distribute digital content internally or externally from a centralized repository while restricting each user’s views to specific files or folders.
Consolidated access to content stored across multiple clouds
Use a single interface to view and manage content distributed across various cloud storage systems, whether public or private.
Project team and third-party content or data gathering
Securely gather content or data from contributors by enabling each one to upload files or directories into a single repository with tightly controlled access to specific directories.
Share content from a single content store node or deploy Shares on a separate server, consolidating multiple content nodes into a single view, seamlessly managing user access and file transfers across all nodes.
Powerful security and access model
The administrator role has complete control over user access to nodes, directories and individual files and can define granular permission settings over all end-user operations such as browsing, uploading, downloading, making new directories, renaming or deleting files and directories.
Support for public, private or hybrid clouds
Achieve complete flexibility in where the content is placed. Whether in an existing data center, a remote office, or public cloud storage such as SoftLayer or Amazon Web Services S3, Shares consolidates all of the content and provide seamless access across all the nodes, hiding the physical location from the end user.
Easy to use Web interface
Intuitive interface navigation and powerful search capabilities make it easy to find the right files and folders and to initiate high-speed uploads or downloads. Basic operations can be performed on any combination of files and folders and all actions are logged and viewable in the activity feed.
Unrivaled Aspera performance
Powered by Aspera’s patented FASP® transport technology, content is sent at high speed, regardless of file sizes, transfer distances or network conditions.
- Built on Aspera FASP technology for maximum transfer speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions.
- Precise bandwidth control ensures the entire allocated bandwidth is utilized to achieve maximum transfer speeds, while being fair to other business-critical network traffic.
- 100% reliable data delivery with real-time reporting of transfer progress and performance.
- Automatic, fast and lossless inline compression reduces data set transfer sizes, providing further boost to Aspera’s industry-leading transfer performance.
Consolidated access to geographically distributed digital assets, stored in private, public or hybrid clouds.
- Decoupled from the content stores and underlying transfer servers or nodes, with single view of the shared content across those nodes.
- Supports transfers of single files, individual directories, or batches of files and directories of any size over any distance.
- Fast performance for large scale deployments allow Shares to remain fast and responsive with thousands of users and hundreds of Shares.
- Shares are fully integrated as secure, access controlled receiving and publishing points with Aspera Drive and faspex™
Whether your data is in private data centers, public clouds or both, Aspera Shares can unify your content through a single intuitive web interface.
- Direct drag-and-drop transfers between Shares to move files between globally dispersed nodes based in different regions, countries, or continents.
- Provides a single web interface consolidating all content from any combination of nodes in public or private clouds or private data centers.
Easy to Use Web Interface
Intuitive web interface make it fast and easy to find the right files or folders and to initiate high-speed uploads or downloads.
- Single easy-to-navigate view consolidates all shared content.
- Powerful search, filtering, and sorting make it easy to find items in a very large content store.
- Shares are fully integrated as secure, access controlled receiving and publishing points with Aspera Drive and faspex™
- Direct drag-and-drop transfers between Shares to move files between globally distributed locations
Powerful Security and Access Model
Easily configure and manage users’ access rights to nodes, directories or individual files and set permissions on all user operations.
- Powerful security model administered with SAML just in time provisioning with SAML group support and single management point to combine authorization, user management, and access control.
- Secure authenticated access with seamless user authorization across multiple file sharing points.
- Support for users, groups, and directory services (AD, LDAP and local and remote users).
- Granular control over all end-user operations such as browsing, uploading, downloading, making new directories, renaming or deleting files and directories.
Monitoring and Alerts
Using Aspera Console, manage and control transfers in real time, and leverage comprehensive reporting for billing and auditing.
- Real-time activity feed of user and administrative actions and operations.
- Comprehensive system of logging and administrator alerts.
- Configurable default settings for new Shares account and thresholds for administrative alerts such as the % or amount of free space available.
- Valuable email notification settings allow users to choose how they are notified when authorized to a Share or when content is uploaded to a Share.
Operating Systems Supported
- Windows 64-bit: 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016
- .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, or 4.0
- Linux 64-bit: RHEL 6-7, CentOS 6-7, Fedora 16-20, Ubuntu 12-14, Debian 6-7, SLES 11-12 Kernel 2.4 or higher and libc version GLIB 2.3.4-2.40
COMPATIBLE WEB BROWSERS
Internet Explorer 9+, Firefox 27+, Safari 6+, Google Chrome 40+
Minimum Hardware REquirements
Refer to the minimum hardware requirements for your operating system.
Perpetual or annual (recurring) software license based on the number of shared server nodes connected and accessed through the web application (instances of Aspera Connect Server software).
Also available as a subscription service with Aspera On Demand, with pricing based on usage and subscription term length.
Web-enabled Aspera transfer server that facilitates FASP transfer via web browsers and mobile applications.
Lightweight, install-on-demand web browser plug-in that powers high-speed transfers between desktops and Aspera servers.
Web application for transfer management, monitoring and control across your entire Aspera network.
Customer Success Story
What's New in Shares 2.0 (Coming soon!)
FEDERATED MANAGEMENT OF SHARING AND DELEGATED ADMINISTRATION
- Supports grouping of users and Shares into Organizations and Projects, and into content sharing and managing rights can be delegated to authorized roles at each level
- Supports "Teams" functionality to enable grouping specified users and Projects into teams that span an Organization
- Creates a “User Manager” role for administering users settings and authorization
- Provides added layers of security to ensure right people have access to right content, by allowing scoping of eligible users and groups to organizations and projects
- Supports authorization of nodes to Organizations and Projects with restricted path (docroot)
- Provides secure authenticated access with seamless user authorization across multiple file sharing points
- Granular control over all end-user operations such as browsing, uploading, downloading, creating new directories, renaming or deleting files and directories, at project and share level
- Resources are secure by default, i.e users will not have access on any projects or shares by virtue of having identified accounts in organizations. They must explicitly have authorization to the target project or share to access them
- Provides optional automation of authorizing external users to default projects and/or home shares, to minimize administrative overhead
- Gives administrators a single point of granular control over which Projects and Shares each user can access, as well as the operations the user is allowed to perform on each of them
- Centralized administration and tiered admin roles will allow managing large communities of users and shares more effectively by structuring them into organizations and projects, and delegating management at each level
Powerful Security and User Authentication
- Supports any combination of local and multiple external authentication methods such as 'SAML 2.0, LDAP and Local database authentication' for simplified user provisioning
- Provides intuitive login interface for end users to choose the right login method when multiple external authentication methods are configured
- Provides automatic external user synchronization upon login
- Meets Section 508 Compliance requirements (available only as a preview)
- System security
- Supports file encryption in transit and at rest
- Granular control over transfer management by allowing configuration of transfer security policies such as upload/download target rates and encryption policies
- Granular control over user accounts by allowing configuration of password and account security policies such as Password policy, Account lockout policy, Account expiration policy, and Access tokens expiration policy
- Supports whitelisting and blacklisting of clients by IP addresses for user authentication, for added security
CONSOLIDATED AND TRANSPARENT CONTENT VIEW
- Supports geographically dispersed nodes across regions, countries, or continents, and provides a single web interface consolidating all content from any combination of nodes in public or private clouds or private data centers
- Enables deployment as a single server solution or a separate web application that provides seamless user access and file transfers across all the nodes while hiding the physical location from the end user
- Supports high-speed transfers of single files, individual directories, or batches of files and directories of virtually any size regardless of transfer distance
- Provides greater flexibility and scalability with a multitiered architecture that decouples Aspera Shares from the content file stores and underlying transfer servers or nodes
EASY-TO-USE WEB INTERFACE
- Provides intuitive, easy-to-navigate browsing across distributed files and folders in nodes
- Enables sharing of content using projects and shares in just a few clicks
- Provides powerful built-in search, filter, and sort capabilities to easily and quickly find items in a very large content store
- Operations can be performed on single items or on collections of files and folders
- Enables simple pause and resume for transfers
- Supports Aspera Drive 3.1 (available only as a preview)
Reporting and Monitoring
- Provides real-time activity logging of user and administrative actions and operations in a scalable JSON format, that can be exported to structuring and parsing tools such as Splunk and Kibana
- Supports comprehensive logging of all activities with configurable administrator alerts