Combining next-generation transport with exceptional transfer and user management capabilities for enterprise applications, the Aspera Enterprise Server is the industry standard for transferring files, directories and large data sets over the WAN with unrivaled Aspera performance.
Built on patented FASP® technology, the Aspera Enterprise Server delivers maximum transfer throughput independent of distance and network conditions, typically achieving 10-100x speed improvement over FTP/SCP and HTTP, with end-to-end security and exceptional bandwidth control.
With the option to run in the cloud, Enterprise Server enables access to instantly scalable, on demand storage and computing capacity.
Enterprise-wide file movement
Create a centralized, high-speed file repository on premise or in the cloud and access it via Aspera desktop client or custom applications using Aspera embedded client.
High-volume content ingest and distribution
Enable outside organizations to easily contribute or download digital content via secure, reliable, high-speed file transfers.
FTP / SFTP server replacement for high performance transfers
With speeds that are hundreds of times faster than traditional protocols, FASP-powered Aspera Enterprise Server eliminates the low-speed, unreliable, insecure, and bandwidth-underutilizing FTP transfers with blazing-fast transport, enterprise-grade security, and unmatched bandwidth utilization and control.
Fast, reliable transfers
Manually transfer files and directories or schedule repeating transfers. Allocate bandwidth based on transfer priority. Enable connections with a variety of client options including desktop applications, mobile apps, and third-party embedded clients. Provide worry-free experience with automatic retry-and-resume for failed transfers.
Versatile administrative options
Server administrators can create user accounts with varied levels of access control, defining “root” directory, security requirements and bandwidth profiles. Admin-level users have access to real-time transfer monitoring, detailed reporting, and control over aggregate and per-flow transfer rate caps and prioritization.
Aspera Enterprise Server protects your vital digital assets with thorough SSH authentication, in-transit and at-rest encryption, and data integrity verification for each transmitted block.
File-based workflow automation
Create repeatable and scheduled transfers (one-time and recurring) using templates in Aspera Console. Develop custom pre- and post-transfer processing with hot folders, scripts, web services and third-party embedded clients. Accept non-Aspera file transfers and automatically forward files to any other Aspera server.
Versatile File Transfers
Supports various options for transfer initiation, management and reporting
- Transfer initiation from Desktop and Point-to-Point Clients, command line, third-party embedded clients, or Mobile Uploader app
- Guaranteed delivery times with “minimum transfer rate” configurable via transfer priority levels
- High-availability cluster configuration options (active/active or active/passive) and reliable deliveries with automatic retry and resume of partial or failed transfers
- Deployable on premise or in public, private or hybrid clouds
- Ability to name, track and report on any transfer with an optional transfer history database
- Simultaneous multi-location file delivery using multi-point transfers
- Automatic, fast and lossless inline compression reduces data set transfer sizes, providing further boost to Aspera's industry-leading transfer performance
- Native IPv6 support
- Maximum control, even resource usage, and fastest transfer times with configurable options for controlling the intra-file 'splitting' over the parallel sessions
- Can be deployed in cloud infrastructure, taking advantage of unlimited storage and transfer scale-out with optimized cloud I/O for maximum transfer speeds.
- Easy deployment on Amazon Web Services, SoftLayer, Microsoft Windows Azure, Google Cloud Platform and other cloud platforms
Administrators have full control over user settings, can configure transfer parameters (preset and real-time), access real-time monitoring and control, and create custom reports
- Create unlimited number of users, define access rights and transfer settings for each one, and enforce security settings based on organizational requirements
- Set transfer priorities and define aggregate or per-flow bandwidth allocation; vary transfer settings based on time-of-day/day-of-week, per user or group, and by client IP address or metadata
- Monitor all incoming and outgoing transfers in real-time; cancel, pause, resume or reorder transfers in the queue on the fly; configure email notifications and delivery confirmations on client and server
- Using Aspera Console, access detailed server transfer logs in a centralized database and run pre-defined or custom reports for billing and auditing
Keep your business-critical digital assets safe with Aspera’s enterprise-grade security features
- Thorough SSH authentication
- AES-128 data encryption in-transit and at-rest with configurable per-user encryption settings and minimum required password strength
- Server side encryption at rest for seamless on-the-fly encryption and decryption of content written to Aspera server hosts using a secret supplied by the server.
- Configurable encryption settings per user, with complete transfer authorization policies and security options
- FIPS 140-2 compliant cryptographic module
- Data integrity verification for each transmitted block
- Allow or deny transfer requests by client IP address and by cookie patterns
Automate routine transfers as well as pre- and post-delivery file processing
- Create repeatable and scheduled transfers (one-time and recurring) through templates using Aspera Console
- Utilize hot folder services and define custom pre- and post-delivery functionality using scriptable command line, web services or SDK library
- Automatically forward uploaded files to any other Aspera node, even when files arrive via non-Aspera means (e.g. FTP deliveries)
File Format Validation
Supports the emerging standards for broadcast file format validation such as AS11 / DPP Media
- Extensible framework supports post-transfer processing and validation via plug-ins
- Integrates with 3rd party software such as Metaglue
Leverage Aspera’s core file transfer functionality through a comprehensive Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Initiate and monitor transfers via web services
- Integrate rich Java, C#, and C++ APIs into any web application and use web services API for transfer automation
- Benefit from Aspera’s top-notch engineering and R&D via an annual development subscription, which includes all available libraries, APIs, development licenses and support
Please click to enlarge.
Main Window with Transfer Monitor
Mac OS X
Main Window with Transfer Monitor
User Access Control
User Network Configuration
Delivery Receipt & E-mail Notification
OPERATING SYSTEMS SUPPORTED
Windows: 2008r2, 2012r2, 7, 8, 10
Linux 64-bit and 32-bit: Ubuntu 12-15, RHEL 6-7, CentOS 6-7, SLES 11-12 Kernel 2.4 or higher and libc version GLIB 2.3.4+, Debian 6-7, Fedora 16-20
For specific operating systems and browser versions, please refer to the Release Notes on the Download site for the specific Enterprise Server release.
Aspera Enterprise Server for Isilon OneFS
Aspera and EMC Isilon have partnered to create the first predictable, non-disruptive high performance Wide Area File and Content Delivery solution designed specifically for moving large files long distances, at the fastest possible speed. Aspera Enterprise Server for Isilon is preinstalled and runs directly on EMC Isilon scale-out NAS storage, providing a cluster-aware version of Aspera high-speed file transfer technology.
Aspera Enterprise Server enabled on IBM PureFlex
The IBM PureFlex™ System combines compute, storage, networking, virtualization and management resources into a single infrastructure system that is expert at sensing and anticipating resource needs to optimize the infrastructure. With Aspera Enterprise Server enabled on IBM PureSystems, you will be able to focus on driving innovation for the business, instead of devising, testing and tuning custom integration solutions and struggling with how to move large volumes of data across the network. Enterprise Server virtual appliance pattern for IBM PureFlex System will soon be available for download.
Minimum Hardware REquirements
Refer to the minimum hardware requirements for your operating system.
Additionally, Enterprise Server requires:
- Screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher for graphical user interface on any supported operating system.
Perpetual or annual (recurring) multi-tiered licensing based on transfer bandwidth capacity. One license per installed host for a single host license, or one license per installed server cluster, for a high availability (HA) license. Supports any number of unique user accounts for transfer and is thus intended for transfer applications that require multi-user transfer support. Optional license add-ons include Aspera Mobile and Aspera Embedded Client, and fasp Proxy.
Also available as a subscription service with Aspera On Demand, with pricing based on usage and subscription term length.
Web application for transfer management, monitoring and control across your entire Aspera network
A full-featured desktop transfer client used to initiate and automate transfers with the Aspera Enterprise Server and the Aspera Point-to-Point advanced client.
Aspera's FASP Proxy enables secure high-speed transfers for client users within highly restrictive network environments.
Advanced desktop transfer client with support for user accounts, ability to connect to other Point-to-Point clients, and remote control by Aspera Console.
Upload photos or videos from the media library on your iPhone or iPad, or directly from your iPhone’s camera to mobile-enabled Aspera servers.
Easily embed Aspera’s high-performance FASP™ transport technology with our comprehensive development kit for Mac, Windows and Linux (Java, C++, C#, .NET).
Customer Success Stories
what's new in:
- Connect Server
- FASP Proxy
- Desktop Client
- Point-to-Point Client
- Mobile Uploader
- Embedded Client