With patented FASP® transport at its core, the Aspera Connect Server delivers unmatched performance and includes all the exceptional transfer and user management capabilities of the industry-standard Enterprise Server.
Featuring a web-based directory listing that can be accessed from most standard browsers, the Aspera Connect Server lets authorized users upload and download data with the free, auto-installed Aspera Connect web browser plug-in. Connections with Enterprise Servers, Point-to-point, Desktop Client and Aspera's mobile applications are also supported.
Thanks to a set of rich APIs, the Aspera Connect Server can be embedded into any web application to serve as the high-speed backbone for transfers of file-based data over the public Internet or private IP links.
With the option to run in the cloud, Connect Server enables access to instantly scalable, on demand storage and computing capacity.
Global file exchange for large, distributed groups of users
Share and exchange files or entire directories of any size with users across the globe, over any distances or networks, with only a web browser required on users’ end.
Enterprise-wide file movement
Create a centralized, high-speed file repository that can be accessed via self-installing browser plug-in, Aspera desktop clients, or custom applications using Aspera embedded client.
Field and third-party content or data gathering and distribution
Enable outside organizations to easily contribute or download digital content via secure, reliable, high-speed file transfers.
High-speed file transfer backbone behind web applications
Using Aspera’s rich APIs, easily enable high-speed file uploads and downloads for web applications such as digital asset management systems and media content portals.
Fast, reliable transfers
Manually transfer files and directories or schedule repeating transfers. Allocate bandwidth based on transfer priority. Enable connections with a variety of client options including desktop applications, mobile apps, and third-party embedded clients. Provide worry-free experience with automatic retry-and-resume for failed transfers.
Scalable and efficient transfer environment
High-performance FASP transport supports thousands of concurrent transfer sessions and delivers solid throughput over high-loss and high-delay networks and maximizes utilization of allocated bandwidth on low capacity and on multi-gigabit networks.
Intuitive web-based interface is coupled with a self-installing browser plug-in to create a seamless user experience. Rich APIs make it easy to implement Aspera FASP transport within any web application.
Aspera FASP transport technology protects your vital digital assets with thorough SSH authentication, in-transit and at-rest encryption, and data integrity verification for each transmitted block.
Versatile administrative options
Server administrators can create user accounts with varied levels of access control, defining “root” directory, security requirements and bandwidth profiles. Admin-level users have access to real-time transfer monitoring, detailed reporting, and control over aggregate and per-flow transfer rate caps and prioritization.
File-based workflow automation
Create repeatable and scheduled transfers (one-time and recurring) using templates in Aspera Console. Develop custom pre- and post-transfer processing with hot folders, scripts, web services and third-party embedded clients. Accept Aspera file transfer and automatically forward files to any other Aspera server.
Versatile File Transfers
Supports various options for transfer initiation, management and reporting
- Transfer initiation from browser plug-in, Desktop and Point-to-Point Clients, command line, third-party embedded clients, or Mobile Uploader app
- Guaranteed delivery times with “minimum transfer rate” configurable via transfer priority levels
- High-availability cluster configuration options (active/active or active/passive) and reliable deliveries with automatic retry and resume of partial or failed transfers
- Ability to name, track and report on any transfer with an optional transfer history database
- Simultaneous multi-location file delivery using multi-point transfers
- Automatic, fast and lossless inline compression reduces data set transfer sizes, providing further boost to Aspera's industry-leading transfer performance
- Parallel/multi-host transfer feature enables mass data transfers to multiple computers in both cloud storage and on-premises compute clusters
Maximum control, even resource usage, and fastest transfer times with configurable options for controlling the intra-file 'splitting' over the parallel sessions
Browser Plug-in Client
Lightweight, self-installing plug-in compatible with most standard browsers
- Automatic installation, upgrade and launching within the web browser
- Browser-independent transfers let users continue working or close the browser while transfers take place in the background, without having to wait on a static web page for transfers to complete
- Supports file, directory, and multi-item transfers, queues uploads and downloads, allowing user to override queue priorities and make on-the-fly rate control changes
- Basic transfer bandwidth and progress reporting
- Can be deployed in cloud infrastructure, taking advantage of unlimited storage and transfer scale-out and with optimized cloud I/O for maximum transfer speeds
- Enables cloud-based deployments of Aspera faspex and Shares web applications
- Easy deployment on Amazon Web Services, IBM Bluemix infrastructure, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and other cloud platforms
Administrators have full control over user settings, can configure transfer parameters (preset and real-time), access real-time monitoring and control, and create custom reports
- Create unlimited number of users, define access rights and transfer settings for each one, and enforce security settings based on organizational requirements
- Set transfer priorities and define aggregate or per-flow bandwidth allocation; vary transfer settings based on time-of-day/day-of-week, per user or group, and by client IP address or metadata
- Monitor all incoming and outgoing transfers in real-time; cancel, pause, resume or reorder transfers in the queue on the fly; configure email notifications and delivery confirmations on client and server
- Using Aspera Console, access detailed server transfer logs in a centralized database and run pre-defined or custom reports for billing and auditing
Keep your business-critical digital assets safe with Aspera’s enterprise-grade security features
- Thorough SSH authentication
- AES-128 data encryption in-transit and at-rest with configurable per-user encryption settings and minimum required password strength
- Server side encryption at rest for seamless on-the-fly encryption and decryption of content written to Aspera server hosts using a secret supplied by the server
- Configurable encryption settings per user, with complete transfer authorization policies and security options
- FIPS 140-2 compliant cryptographic module
- Data integrity verification for each transmitted block
- Allow or deny transfer requests by client IP address and by cookie patterns
- Built-in support for FASP Proxy enables high-speed transfers within restrictive networks with the option for HTTP fallback
Automate routine transfers as well as pre- and post-delivery file processing
- Create repeatable and scheduled transfers (one-time and recurring) through templates using Aspera Console
- Utilize hot folder services and define custom pre- and post-delivery functionality using scriptable command line, web services or SDK library
- Automatically forward uploaded files to any other Aspera node, even when files arrive via non-Aspera means (e.g. FTP deliveries)
File Format Validation
Supports the emerging standards for broadcast file format validation such as AS11 / DPP MEDIA
- Extensible framework supports post-transfer processing and validation via plug-ins
- Integrates with 3rd party software such as Metaglue
Leverage Aspera’s core file transfer functionality through a comprehensive Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Initiate and monitor transfers via web services
- Integrate rich Java, C#, and C++ APIs into any web application and use web services API for transfer automation
- Benefit from Aspera’s top-notch engineering and R&D via an annual development subscription, which includes all available libraries, APIs, development licenses and support
Operating Systems Supported by the Latest Version
- Windows: 2008r2, 2012r2, 7, 8, 10
- Linux 64-bit and 32-bit: Ubuntu 12-15, RHEL 6-7, CentOS 6-7, SLES 11-12, Debian 6-7, Fedora 16-20; Kernel 2.4 or higher and Glibc 2.5+
- Mac OS X: 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
- AIX: 6.1, 7.1
- Linux on Z 64-bit: RHEL S/390 Server release 5.11
For specific operating systems and browser versions, please refer to the Release Notes on the Download site for the specific Connect Server release.
Web Browsers Supported by the Latest Version
Microsoft Edge, Firefox 27-48, Chrome 32-50
Check compatibility with older Connect Server
Minimum Hardware REquirements
Refer to the minimum hardware requirements for your operating system.
Additionally, Connect Server requires:
- Screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher for graphical user interface on any supported operating system.
Perpetual or annual (recurring) multi-tiered licensing based on transfer bandwidth capacity. One license per installed host for a single host license, or one license per installed server cluster, for a high availability (HA) license. Supports any number of unique user accounts for transfer and is thus intended for transfer applications that require multi-user transfer support. Includes license entitlement for Aspera Connect browser plug-in. Optional license add-ons include Aspera Mobile and Aspera Embedded Client, and FASP Proxy.
Also available as a subscription service with Aspera On Demand, with pricing based on usage and subscription term length.
Web application for transfer management, monitoring and control across your entire Aspera network.
Lightweight, install-on-demand web browser plug-in that powers high-speed transfers between desktops and Aspera servers.
A full-featured desktop transfer client used to initiate and automate transfers with the Aspera Enterprise Server and the Aspera Point-to-Point advanced client.
Advanced desktop transfer client with support for user accounts, ability to connect to other Point-to-Point clients, and remote control by Aspera Console.
Upload photos or videos from the media library on your iPhone or iPad, or directly from your iPhone’s camera to mobile-enabled Aspera servers.
Easily embed Aspera’s high-performance FASP™ transport technology with our comprehensive development kit for Mac, Windows and Linux (Java, C++, C#, .NET).
Aspera's FASP Proxy enables secure high-speed transfers for client users within highly restrictive network environments.
Customer Success Stories
- Aspera Files
- Enterprise Server
- FASP Proxy
- Connect Browser Plug-in
- Desktop Client
- Point-to-Point Client
- Mobile Uploader
- Embedded Client
“Before Aspera, we were only utilizing a fraction of our bandwidth, transferring at 40-50Mbps. Now that
we’ve deployed Aspera software, we consistently transfer at our maximum allocated rate of 300 Mbps,
fully utilizing the bandwidth, while protecting other critical traffic."Victor Felix, Senior Software Engineer at IGS