Aspera Mobile iOS Uploader
Based on Aspera FASP®, the Aspera Mobile Uploader achieves transfer speeds 10X and greater than traditional cellular technologies, maximizing the utilization of available connection bandwidth and breaking the size barrier for the files that can be transmitted from iOS devices. It lets you upload photos or videos from the media library on your iPhone or iPad, or directly from your iPhone’s camera to mobile-enabled Aspera transfer servers including Aspera On Demand.
Free-of-charge and available from the Apple App Store, the Aspera Mobile Uploader is the ideal solution for mobile field gathering of still and video media, with immediate, high-performance wireless transfer to an Aspera server.
Remote content submissions
Enable remote news teams to submit content via inexpensive iOS devices, without the need to send out news trucks with expensive and cumbersome satellite transmission equipment. Let “citizen journalists” provide up-to-date footage of unfolding events in real time for immediate playout or distribution.
Superior transfer performance
Make the most out of available bandwidth on wireless networks, including cellular (3G, EDGE) and Wi-Fi (802.11g/n), with speeds that are up to 100X faster than traditional transfer technologies.
Direct accesses to the picture and video library, as well as the iPhone built-in camera, to easily find and upload any content stored on the device.
Monitor transfer progress in real time and view performance display to see transfer rate.
Unrivaled Aspera Performance
With patented Aspera fasp-AIR™ technology, the Mobile Uploader gets your content to the destination at industry-leading speeds.
- Up to 3x faster on today's 3G networks
- Up to 100x faster on double-band 802.11n
- Over 10x faster on low-strength 802.11g/n
- The user determines the resolution of uploaded video that is being directly captured from the device camera up to the full resolution of the camera.
- Video may be uploaded at full resolution, or at graduated high, medium, and low resolution settings designed to optimize file size and picture quality.
- Users can save recording settings as presets and later quickly identify saved videos by their thumbnail images.
Background upload and automatic resume of paused transfers
- Transfers will continue to run in the background during phone calls or when using other applications.
- Background upload is limited by iOS to about 10 minutes in our testing.
- If an upload cannot finish in time, it will be stopped automatically and restarted automatically when the user returns to the Mobile Uploader app.
- Support for user naming of uploaded files on the target server.
- Support for automatically starting the upload after media selection.
- Record and send up to 10 hours of video.
Operating Systems Supported by the Latest Version
Aspera Mobile Uploader 2.0 app requires iOS 6.0 or above.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Aspera Server Requirement
The Aspera Mobile Uploader app requires an account on a mobile-enabled Aspera Enterprise Server or Aspera Connect Server.
Licensed as Mobile Software license add-on to the Aspera Enterprise Server or Aspera Connect Server software license and is available for use by any server user.
Versatile server application with a variety of client options (desktop, mobile, embedded), and with support for manual or automated transfers of files and directories.
Web-enabled Aspera transfer server that facilitates FASPTM transfer via web browsers and mobile applications.
CUstomer Success Stories