Aspera Mobile Uploader
The Aspera Mobile Uploader brings industry-leading, patented Aspera high-speed file transfer to mobile devices.
Based on Aspera FASP®, the Aspera Mobile Uploader achieves transfer speeds 10X and greater than traditional cellular technologies, maximizing the utilization of available connection bandwidth and breaking the size barrier for the files that can be transmitted from mobile devices. It lets you upload photos or videos from the media library on your device, or directly from your smart phone’s camera to mobile-enabled Aspera transfer servers including Aspera On Demand.
Free-of-charge and available from the Apple App Store and Google Play, the Aspera Mobile Uploader is the ideal solution for mobile field gathering of still and video media, with immediate, high-performance wireless transfer to an Aspera server.
Remote content submissions
Enable remote news teams to submit content via inexpensive mobile devices, without the need to send out news trucks with expensive and cumbersome satellite transmission equipment. Let “citizen journalists” provide up-to-date footage of unfolding events in real time for immediate playout or distribution.
Superior transfer performance
Make the most out of available bandwidth on wireless networks, including cellular (3G, EDGE) and Wi-Fi (802.11g/n), with speeds that are up to 100X faster than traditional transfer technologies.
Direct accesses to the picture and video library, as well as the phone built-in camera, to easily find and upload any content stored on the device.
Monitor transfer progress in real time and view performance display to see transfer rate.
Unrivaled Aspera Performance
With patented Aspera FASP technology, Mobile Uploader gets your content to the destination at industry-leading speeds.
- Up to 10x faster on today's 4G networks
- Up to 100x faster on double-band 802.11n
- Over 10x faster on low-strength 802.11g/n
- The user determines the resolution of uploaded video that is being directly captured from the device camera up to the full resolution of the camera.
- Video may be uploaded at full resolution, or at graduated high, medium, and low resolution settings designed to optimize file size and picture quality.
- Users can save recording settings as presets and later quickly identify saved videos by their thumbnail images.
Background upload and automatic resume of paused transfers
- Transfers will continue to run in the background during phone calls or when using other applications.
- Background upload is limited by the OS to about 10 minutes in our testing.
- If an upload cannot finish in time, it will be stopped automatically and restarted automatically when the user returns to the Mobile Uploader app.
- Support for user naming of uploaded files on the target server.
- Support for automatically starting the upload after media selection.
- Record and send up to 10 hours of video.
Operating Systems Supported by the Latest Version
Mobile Uploader for iOS 2.1 app requires iOS 8.0 or above. Mobile Uploader for Android 1.1 requires Android 4.4 and up.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
Compatible with Apple iOS and Google mobile devices.
Aspera Server Requirement
The Aspera Mobile Uploader app requires an account on a mobile-enabled Aspera Enterprise Server or Aspera Connect Server.
Licensed as Mobile Software license add-on to the Aspera Enterprise Server or Aspera Connect Server software license and is available for use by any server user.
Versatile server application with a variety of client options (desktop, mobile, embedded), and with support for manual or automated transfers of files and directories.
Web-enabled Aspera transfer server that facilitates FASP transfer via web browsers and mobile applications.
CUstomer Success Stories
Preview of the New in MObile Uploader 3.0 for ios (Coming Soon!)
This upcoming iOS release for Aspera Mobile Uploader will feature the following key features amongst other more minor updates:
- Allows sending more than one media asset or file in the same upload instead of only one item at-a-time
- Supports more than one upload destination host, or upload path, to be configured. If more than one upload destination is configured, the user can select between them for a particular upload action
- Enables the app to show up as a "sharing" destination from other apps, so users can select assets to upload from the other app, then use the sharing icon in that app to call for an upload of that content using the Uploader. The app can also be used directly to perform uploads as well
- Allows users to select from other apps that expose their content to apps like the Mobile Uploader in addition to being able to choose content from the camera or from the media gallery
This version will be a future upgrade to the existing 2.x release of the iOS Mobile Uploader.
What's New in Mobile Uploader 1.1 for Android
This release improves the user experience for easier uploads from within the mobile app. Key changes include:
- New ability to upload files directly from the app
- Home screen provides immediate access to the upload feature
- Notifications now grouped into "transferring," "completed," and "failed"
- New notification available for pending transfers
- Account management now handled in mobile app settings