File sharing and synchronization services have become popular because of the growing need to improve both data access and document sharing across teams. However, concerns over security, service levels and the underlying technology itself has limited adoption to simple collaboration scenarios with small teams and small files.
Unlike the myriad of “Drive,” “File Sync” and “File Sharing” services on today’s Internet, Aspera Drive provides teams with the ability to quickly and securely share and exchange “big data” directly from the desktop, making it easier than ever to initiate secure Aspera high-speed transfers.
Built on top of the Aspera FASP® high-speed transfer platform, Drive enables high-performance transfer and synchronization of files and data sets of virtually any size, with maximum speed at any
distance, regardless of network conditions with the
full access control, privacy and security.
The innovative architecture eliminates the trade off decisions of access, security, infrastructure and cost, allowing deployments on dedicated or hybrid infrastructure combining on premise and in the cloud compute and storage.
Remotely browse projects and authorized Shares directly from the desktop interface, rather that being forced to switch to a web based view. Files and folders on the remote server are all directly accessible from within Aspera Drive.
Share Your Files and Content
Collaborate on multiple projects simultaneously through the desktop interface. Move files and folders of any size to and from remote Shares, or across Shares, with a simple drag and drop within Windows Explorer and Mac Finder to initiate a high-speed transfer, and receive email notification when project members upload new content.
Send and Receive Packages
Aspera Drive provides an integrated desktop experience. Easily send large files or entire directories by right-clicking on a file or folder and entering the recipients email address to send a faspex package. You can enable faster, more efficient collaboration between teams that are spread around the globe.
Keep Teams in Sync
Subscribe and automatically receive faspex packages to your Drive Inbox, or enable background synchronization to ensure the local Drive contents always mirror the content in the remote project Share.
Keep Content Secure
Keep your files and folders as public or private as you want. All data remains secure with a powerful and flexible security model combining authorization, and access control. Files are transferred using FASP, which protects your digital assets through SSH authentication, in-transit and at-rest encryption, and data integrity verification for each transmitted block.
UNRIVALED ASPERA PERFORMANCE
Powered by the Aspera FASP high-speed transfer platform, Aspera Drive enables high-performance transfer and synchronization of files and data sets of virtually any size directly from the desktop.
- Easily handles extremely large files and data sets, including entire directory structures
- Files are transferred and synchronized at high speed, regardless of file sizes, transfer distance, or network conditions.
- Precise bandwidth control ensures the entire allocated bandwidth is utilized to achieve maximum transfer speeds, while being fair to other business-critical network traffic.
- 100% reliable data delivery with real-time reporting of transfer progress and performance.
INTEGRATED Desktop Experience
The intuitive desktop file explorer interface makes it easy to share, synchronize and exchange Big Data directly from the desktop, making it easier than ever to initiate secure Aspera high-speed transfers.
- Securely browse, access, and rapidly send and receive very large files and data sets over any distance at FASP speeds.
- Designed to work seamlessly with the Windows Explorer and Mac Finder.
Data Access and Content Sharing
Aspera Drive enables large files and data sets to be shared and exchanged easily from within the desktop explorer.
- Consolidate data access across multiple projects and Shares.
- Remotely browse projects and authorized Shares directly from the desktop rather than switching to a web based view.
- Easily move files and folders to and from remote Shares or across Shares with a simple drag and drop to initiate a high-speed transfer.
- Right click to send a faspex package of files and folders to your team using a simple email style interface.
- Subscribe to automatically receive faspex packages to your Drive Inbox.
Drive synchronization sessions are reported in Console.
Enables background file synchronization to ensure the local Drive contents always mirror the content in the remote with remote sites, servers and other Drive users.
Supports a large number of concurrent Drive sync sessions (up to 300-500 per Aspera server host).
POWERFUL SecurITY AND ACcESS MODEL
All data remains secure with a powerful and flexible security model combining authorization and access control.
- Data access and all end-user operations such as browsing, uploading, downloading, making new directories, renaming or deleting files and directories are governed by the security model.
- Aspera FASP ensures the data is protected through SSH authentication, encryption over the wire and at rest, and data integrity verification for each transmitted block.
Aspera Drive is powered by the Aspera high-performance transfer platform which unifies all of the file sharing and package sending capabilities of Aspera Shares and faspex into a web application tier that deploys in conjunction with Aspera Enterprise Server(s) in the enterprise or on the cloud to power the file-sharing ecosystem. Organizations to take full advantage of the elastic compute resources in the cloud, while retaining full control over security and service levels.
- Transfers servers and the Web application tier can be deployed on premise , in the cloud or in any combination offering complete flexibility in deployment options to address the full spectrum of client needs and requirements
- Native support for direct transfer to IBM SoftLayer, Google Storage, OpenStack Swift, Amazon S3 and Microsoft Azure Blob enables direct high-speed transfer to, from and between cloud and on premise infrastructure.
- Multi-tenant domain management and integrated remote transfer node support across an on premise or cloud-infrastructure so you can "bring your own transfer node to the platform".
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7, 8, 10
- Mac OS X 10.8+
Aspera Software Prerequisites
(one of the following)
- Aspera Shares 1.8.1 or higher, with Enterprise Server 3.5.x or higher with a Drive-enabled license
- Aspera Enterprise Server 3.5.x or higher with a Drive-enabled license
- Aspera Faspex 3.8.1, with or higher with a Enterprise Server 3.5.x or higher with a Drive-enabled license
If you require Aspera Drive with the synchronization feature, you must also have Aspera Enterprise Server 3.5.x or later with an Aspera Sync-enabled license.
Aspera Drive is licensed on a per user basis.
Aspera Enterprise Server is a versatile universal server application with a variety of client options (desktop, mobile, embedded), and with support for manual or automated transfers of files and directories. It enables seamless high-speed movement of files and directories across global enterprises, high-volume content ingest and distribution, and replaces FTP/SFTP servers for transfers of large, business-critical data.
Aspera Shares provides a simple and intuitive way for companies to share files and directories of any size within their organization or with external customers and partners. An easy to use web interface consolidates browsing across multiple locations spanning enterprise datacenters, public or private clouds. The powerful and flexible security model is administered through a single management point combining authorization, user management, and access control.
Aspera Sync is purpose-built by Aspera for high-performance, scalable, multidirectional asynchronous file replication and synchronization. Designed to overcome the performance and scalability shortcomings of conventional synchronization tools like rsync, Aspera Sync can scale up and out for maximum speed replication and synchronization over WANs, for today’s largest big data file stores—from millions of individual files to the largest file size
faspex is a web application that provides an easy, flexible and secure collaboration platform for exchanging files of any size, over any distance.
Webinars & Videos