FILES MOBILE ios and android
The Aspera Files Mobile app for iOS and Android enables mobile device users to quickly submit content to Aspera Files dropboxes and users. By fully integrating Aspera Files Mobile with the camera, photo gallery and other apps that support sharing, users can quickly create and send packages on the go with full resolution RAW photos, HD videos, and other large files using the mobile device’s native interface. Recipients of sent packages are automatically notified when content has been uploaded and is ready for download.
Transfers with Files Mobile use Aspera’s patented FASP® transport technology, allowing mobile users to fully utilize their available bandwidth on wireless networks to send content at maximum speed. In addition, all transfers leverage built in encryption-in-transit, provide an option for encryption-at-rest (EAR), and include built in automatic transfer retry, checkpoint restart, and seamless automatic switching between WiFi and cellular networks.
Remote content submissions
Enable remote teams to submit HD images and videos on the fly using iOS and Android devices. For example, news reporters in the field do not have to rely on news trucks with expensive and cumbersome satellite transmission equipment to capture a story. Enables “citizen journalists” to upload footage of unfolding events.
Superior transfer performance
Make the most out of your available bandwidth on wireless networks, including cellular (4G, 3G, EDGE) and WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac), with speeds substantially faster than using traditional transfer technologies.
Direct submission of files, photos, and videos from a mobile device’s library as well as from the camera.
Highly reliable uploads
Transfers automatically retry and resume from point of interruption with seamless switching between WiFi and cellular networks
- Send large files and folders at maximum speed, regardless of file size, transfer distance, or network conditions using the Aspera FASP® high-speed transfer platform
- Protect transfers with the integrated encryption-at-rest (EAR) option so packages remain encrypted on the server
- Highly reliable uploads with the ability to retry and resume interrupted transfers from the point of interuption.
- Package contents are always encrypted in transit
Easy to use mobile submission
- Easy to use email-like paradigm for sending packages of files
- The composer interface is able to collect submission metadata and deliver it with the uploaded package
- Use this mobile app to quickly send files and folders to an Aspera Files user or dropbox
- Thumbnails of video and and image files help ensure that you send the right assets.
Native look and feel
- Supports phones and tablets with Android 4.1 or later and iOS 8.0 or greater
- Directly capture and transfer photos and video using the device camera from the Files Mobile app
- Upload from your photo & video library or files created by other apps on your device that support iOS or Android sharing.
Seamlessly interoperates with Aspera Files
- Files users receive notifications of uploaded packages, and can view and download packages via the Files web interface.
- Files dropboxes support both required and optional metadata by collecting submitted metadata and delivering it with an uploaded package.
- iOS 8.0 or later
- Android 4.1 or later
Minimum Hardware Requirements
Refer to the minimum hardware requirements for your mobile operating system.
iOS: Requires an invitation to submit content to an Aspera Files user or dropbox in Aspera Files.
Android: Requires an invitation to submit content to an Aspera Files user or dropbox in Aspera Files.
Aspera Files™ is a groundbreaking SaaS solution for sharing large files and data sets directly from cloud and on premise storage – located anywhere, to anywhere, with anyone.
Versatile server application with a variety of client options (desktop, mobile, embedded), and with support for manual or automated transfers of files and directories.
Web-enabled Aspera transfer server that facilitates FASP transfer via web browsers and mobile applications.
CUstomer Success Stories
What's new in Files Mobile for iOS and Android 2.0
Files Mobile for iOS and Android 2.0 are major new versions of the Aspera Files apps targeted at providing complete support for package-oriented actions in conjunction with the Files SaaS solution. The new app expands on the earlier v1 app capability to send to public and authenticated invites by allowing package sending to any Files recipient, as well as viewing your Files package inbox and downloading items from there.
- Compose and send Files packages - The mobile user can directly within the app compose and send a package to another Files user, or to an external recipient (if so permitted). The package compose view allows the user to easily add photo and video content to the package, or content from other apps that make their content accessible. The user can enable Aspera Encryption-At-Rest (EAR) encryption for the package content, and also can specify various options for package disposition after it has been downloaded
- Receive Files packages - The mobile user has visibility into their Files packages inbox, and can download whole packages or individual items from those packages into the mobile device. Packages with custom metadata fields will have that metadata shown to the user when viewing the package
- Send packages from other mobile apps - The app supports the mobile sharing paradigm to allow other apps to send their content in Files packages. When content is shared into the Files app, the user will be placed into a package composition view, where they can finish entering data for the recipient, and then send the package
- Send packages to Files dropboxes - The mobile user can also send to Files dropboxes, if the user if permitted to send to any dropboxes. If those dropboxes have custom metadata defined to be entered by the user, then the app UI will include support for whatever metadata is required for the dropbox
- Use multiple Files accounts and workspaces - The app supports multiple accounts and multiple workspaces per account, allowing people to work with multiple organizations and teams using Files
- Interact with Files package folders - The same package folders are supported as the Files web app - inbox, sent, archived, and deleted - and the same actions on items in these folders are supported
- Notifications - (Android only) The mobile user will be notified upon receiving a new package on their mobile phone. They can select the notification displayed in the notification area to access the content of the specific package
- See previews of your image and video content - For inbox items that have had image or video previews generated by Files, those previews are viewable in the app, without having to download the content. Based on the preview, the user can decide to then download the specific content or not
- Transfer view with progress and transfer actions - A transfer view shows progress for uploads or downloads of packages or individual items, and allows transfers to be paused, resumed or deleted as needed. When required, the transfer rate can be specifically set via app settings
- Download view - A download view shows the different files or packages the user has persisted on the device and allows items to be shared with other apps
- In-app video encoding - (iOS only) App settings can be used to have videos encoded at different bit rates and resolution (720 vs. 1080)