FILES MOBILE ios and android
The Aspera Files Mobile app for iOS and Android enables mobile device users to quickly submit content to Aspera Files dropboxes and users. By fully integrating Aspera Files Mobile with the camera, photo gallery and other apps that support sharing, users can quickly create and send packages on the go with full resolution RAW photos, HD videos, and other large files using the mobile device’s native interface. Recipients of sent packages are automatically notified when content has been uploaded and is ready for download.
Transfers with Files Mobile use Aspera’s patented FASP® transport technology, allowing mobile users to fully utilize their available bandwidth on wireless networks to send content at maximum speed. In addition, all transfers leverage built in encryption-in-transit, provide an option for encryption-at-rest (EAR), and include built in automatic transfer retry, checkpoint restart, and seamless automatic switching between WiFi and cellular networks.
Remote content submissions
Enable remote teams to submit HD images and videos on the fly using iOS and Android devices. For example, news reporters in the field do not have to rely on news trucks with expensive and cumbersome satellite transmission equipment to capture a story. Enables “citizen journalists” to upload footage of unfolding events.
Superior transfer performance
Make the most out of your available bandwidth on wireless networks, including cellular (4G, 3G, EDGE) and WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac), with speeds substantially faster than using traditional transfer technologies.
Direct submission of files, photos, and videos from a mobile device’s library as well as from the camera.
Highly reliable uploads
Transfers automatically retry and resume from point of interruption with seamless switching between WiFi and cellular networks
- Send large files and folders at maximum speed, regardless of file size, transfer distance, or network conditions using the Aspera FASP® high-speed transfer platform
- Protect transfers with the integrated encryption-at-rest (EAR) option so packages remain encrypted on the server
- Highly reliable uploads with the ability to retry and resume interrupted transfers from the point of interuption.
- Package contents are always encrypted in transit
Easy to use mobile submission
- Easy to use email-like paradigm for sending packages of files
- The composer interface is able to collect submission metadata and deliver it with the uploaded package
- Use this mobile app to quickly send files and folders to an Aspera Files user or dropbox
- Thumbnails of video and and image files help ensure that you send the right assets.
Native look and feel
- Supports phones and tablets with Android 4.1 or later and iOS 8.0 or greater
- Directly capture and transfer photos and video using the device camera from the Files Mobile app
- Upload from your photo & video library or files created by other apps on your device that support iOS or Android sharing.
Seamlessly interoperates with Aspera Files
- Files users receive notifications of uploaded packages, and can view and download packages via the Files web interface.
- Files dropboxes support both required and optional metadata by collecting submitted metadata and delivering it with an uploaded package.
- iOS 8.0 or later
- Android 4.1 or later
Minimum Hardware Requirements
Refer to the minimum hardware requirements for your mobile operating system.
iOS: Requires an invitation to submit content to an Aspera Files user or dropbox in Aspera Files.
Android: Requires an invitation to submit content to an Aspera Files user or dropbox in Aspera Files.
Aspera Files™ is a groundbreaking SaaS solution for sharing large files and data sets directly from cloud and on premise storage – located anywhere, to anywhere, with anyone.
Versatile server application with a variety of client options (desktop, mobile, embedded), and with support for manual or automated transfers of files and directories.
Web-enabled Aspera transfer server that facilitates FASP transfer via web browsers and mobile applications.
CUstomer Success Stories