FILES MOBILE ios and android
The Aspera Files Mobile app for iOS and Android enables mobile device users to quickly exchange content with Aspera Files dropboxes and users. By fully integrating Aspera Files Mobile with the camera, photo gallery and other apps that support sharing, users can upload and download packages using the mobile device’s native interface. Recipients of sent packages are automatically notified when content has been uploaded and is ready for download.
Transfers with Files Mobile use Aspera’s patented FASP® transport technology, allowing mobile users to fully utilize their available bandwidth on wireless networks to send content at maximum speed. In addition, all transfers leverage built in encryption-in-transit, provide an option for encryption-at-rest (EAR), and include built in automatic transfer retry, checkpoint restart, and seamless automatic switching between WiFi and cellular networks.
Quickly Distribute Files and Content
Enable faster distribution of large digital assets inside and outside the enterprise. For example, marketing teams require mobile access to accelerate marketing asset design and delivery both internally and externally with partners.
Enhance Mobile Collaboration
Empower mobile collaboration for distributed teams that need to work through their mobile devices, such as healthcare professionals in remote locations around the world who must review diagnostic quality high-resolution medical images for diagnosis.
Remote content submissions
Enable remote teams to submit HD images and videos on the fly using iOS and Android devices. For example, news reporters in the field do not have to rely on news trucks with expensive and cumbersome satellite transmission equipment to capture a story. Enables “citizen journalists” to upload footage of unfolding events.
Superior transfer performance
Make the most out of your available bandwidth on wireless networks, including cellular (4G, 3G, EDGE) and WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac), with upload and download speeds that are substantially faster than those of traditional transfer technologies.
Submit files, photos, and videos from a variety of interfaces, including the device’s library and camera.
Highly reliable uploads
Transfers automatically retry and resume from point of interruption with seamless switching between WiFi and cellular networks. Users can monitor and manage transfers from with the mobile app.
- Use an email-like paradigm to compose and send packages to Files users, dropboxes or external recipients.
- Download whole packages or individual package items to the mobile device.
- Access multiple Files accounts and workspaces from the app.
- Attach metadata to submitted packages.
- Alert your team to newly-uploaded packages via Files notifications.
- If network connectivity is interrupted, Aspera’s reliable transport automatically retries and resumes transfers from the point of interruption, seamlessly switching between WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) and cellular (4G, 3G,EDGE) networks.
Submit content from a variety of interfaces
- Create and send Files packages from your photo & video library.
- Use the device camera to directly capture and transfer photos and video.
- Transfer files from other mobile apps that offer the Aspera Files sharing extension.
Manage transfers from your mobile device
- Validate submission of the proper assets using thumbnails of video and image files.
- Track transfer progress within the app.
- Pause, resume, delete transfers and adjust the transfer rate when needed.
- iOS 9.0 or later
- Android 4.4 or later
Minimum Hardware Requirements
Refer to the minimum hardware requirements for your mobile operating system.
iOS: Requires an invitation to submit content to an Aspera Files user or dropbox in Aspera Files.
Android: Requires an invitation to submit content to an Aspera Files user or dropbox in Aspera Files.
Aspera Files™ is a groundbreaking SaaS solution for sharing large files and data sets directly from cloud and on premise storage – located anywhere, to anywhere, with anyone.
Versatile server application with a variety of client options (desktop, mobile, embedded), and with support for manual or automated transfers of files and directories.
Web-enabled Aspera transfer server that facilitates FASP transfer via web browsers and mobile applications.
CUstomer Success Stories
What's new in Files Mobile for iOS and Android 2.0
Files Mobile 2.0 for iOS and Android are major new versions of the Aspera Files apps targeted at providing complete support for package-oriented actions in conjunction with the Files SaaS solution. The new app expands on the earlier v1 app capability to send to public and authenticated invites by allowing package sending to any Files recipient, as well as viewing your Files package inbox and downloading items from there.
- Compose and send Files packages - The mobile user can directly within the app compose and send a package to another Files user, or to an external recipient (if so permitted). The package compose view allows the user to easily add photo and video content to the package, or content from other apps that make their content accessible. The user can enable Aspera Encryption-At-Rest (EAR) encryption for the package content, and also can specify various options for package disposition after it has been downloaded
- Receive Files packages - The mobile user has visibility into their Files packages inbox, and can download whole packages or individual items from those packages into the mobile device. Packages with custom metadata fields will have that metadata shown to the user when viewing the package
- Send packages from other mobile apps - The app supports the mobile sharing paradigm to allow other apps to send their content in Files packages. When content is shared into the Files app, the user will be placed into a package composition view, where they can finish entering data for the recipient, and then send the package
- Send packages to Files dropboxes - The mobile user can also send to Files dropboxes, if the user if permitted to send to any dropboxes. If those dropboxes have custom metadata defined to be entered by the user, then the app UI will include support for whatever metadata is required for the dropbox
- Use multiple Files accounts and workspaces - The app supports multiple accounts and multiple workspaces per account, allowing people to work with multiple organizations and teams using Files
- Interact with Files package folders - The same package folders are supported as the Files web app - inbox, sent, archived, and deleted - and the same actions on items in these folders are supported
- Notifications - (Android only) The mobile user will be notified upon receiving a new package on their mobile phone. They can select the notification displayed in the notification area to access the content of the specific package
- See previews of your image and video content - For inbox items that have had image or video previews generated by Files, those previews are viewable in the app, without having to download the content. Based on the preview, the user can decide to then download the specific content or not
- Transfer view with progress and transfer actions - A transfer view shows progress for uploads or downloads of packages or individual items, and allows transfers to be paused, resumed or deleted as needed. When required, the transfer rate can be specifically set via app settings
- Download view - A download view shows the different files or packages the user has persisted on the device and allows items to be shared with other apps
- In-app video encoding - (iOS only) App settings can be used to have videos encoded at different bit rates and resolution (720 vs. 1080)