The faspex™ mobile app for Apple iOS and Google Android enables faspex users to distribute content from their mobile devices or to download content onto their devices using the faspex email-style workflow, adapted to the look and feel of the native device email apps.
Mobile recipients automatically receive notifications of new content available for download and downloaded content (video or imagery) can be viewed inline or stored on the device directly to the Gallery. The data is transferred at high speed over the user's wireless network with Aspera FASP® transport technology, making full use of the available bandwidth.
Content review, approval and quality assurance
Enable high-definition content review for remote decision-makers who can download, review and approve high-resolution images and videos on their iPad/iPhone or an Android-powered device.
Secure file contribution from remote users and partners
Enable reporters in the field or “citizen journalists” to submit high-quality footage of breaking news without sending out entire TV crews with expensive film and transmission equipment.
Remote medical diagnosis
Enable healthcare professionals to review high-resolution medical images and video from anywhere in the world, for precise and timely diagnosis.
Fully interoperable with Aspera faspex™
Send content via faspex to any recipient, including faspex users, workgroups and any 3rd party with a valid email address. Recipients are automatically notified and can receive the content via any faspex client
- Web browser using Aspera Connect,
- Email using Aspera Outlook add-in,
- Automatic download to the desktop using Aspera Cargo, or
- Mobile download using faspex mobile app.
Universal, integrated apps
- On iOS, the single app supports both iPad and iPhone devices (no need for separate apps).
- Takes specific advantages of each device’s characteristics like screen sizes and UI features.
- Fully integrated with the common media-related apps and functions on the devices, particularly the Photo Gallery – downloaded picture and video content can be copied to the library in a single click, and photos and videos can be sent directly from the library.
Enterprise-grade protection of valuable content.
- Encryption over the wire and optional encryption of files at-rest, both on the faspex server, and when downloaded onto the mobile devices by recipients.
- Download packages can be automatically decrypted on the fly, if the recipient has been provided with the password, or will be download and stored in an encrypted form, and can be decrypted later.
- The sender may choose to whom and when to provide the password, ensuring that content cannot be accessed by an unintended person, and controlling when downloaded content is accessed.
Requires iOS 7.0 or later
Android 2.2 or higher
Minimum Hardware Requirements
Refer to the minimum hardware requirements for your operating system.
Requires Aspera faspex™ web application 2.6.6 or higher.
Licensed as Mobile Software license add-on to the Aspera faspex web application license and is available for use by any faspex user.
faspex is a web application that provides an easy, flexible and secure collaboration platform for exchanging files of any size, over any distance.
Lightweight, install-on-demand web browser plug-in that powers high-speed transfers between desktops and Aspera servers.
Cargo enables automatic package downloads from one or more faspex application instances.
The Aspera Add-in for Outlook is a client software option for the faspex web application users, enabling them to send and receive faspex packages directly via Outlook client.
Web application for transfer management, monitoring and control across your entire Aspera network.
Developers that wish to embed high-speed file transfer into their own apps can leverage the Aspera iOS Mobile SDK. Available through the Aspera Developer Network, the SDK offers a queue-based API for initiating, managing and monitoring high-speed FASP® transfers between iOS devices and the Aspera Connect Server or the Aspera faspex transfer server.
Customer Success Stories
What's New in Faspex Mobile for iOS 3.1 (Coming Soon!)
Aspera Faspex Mobile for iOS is a small version enhancement primarily intended to support receiving packages sent to Faspex external users. New features and capabilities:
- External package support - This version adds support for opening external packages without having to configure an account. This broadens the app to be able to be used to receive packages by people without Faspex server accounts. The app will now handle package links, opening the specified package in the app, even when the user does not have an account configured, and then allow the user to see package metadata and to download assets from the package into the mobile device
What's New In Faspex Mobile for Android 3.0 (Coming soon!)
Aspera Faspex Mobile for Android 3.0 is a complete re-architecture of the Android Faspex client. It leverages and requires the Faspex 4.1 server-side API. The app UI has been updated to be consistent with the Android Material Design guidelines, like other newer Android apps from Aspera.
- Compose and send Faspex packages - The mobile user can directly within the app compose and send a Faspex package. The package compose view includes a media picker that can be used to easily add photo and video content to the package
- Receive Faspex packages - The mobile user has visibility into their Faspex inbox, and can download whole packages or individual items from packages on to the Android device. Packages with custom metadata fields will have that metadata shown to the user when viewing the package
- Send packages from other Android apps - The app supports the Android sharing paradigm to allow other apps to send their content in Faspex packages. When content is shared into the Faspex app, the user will be placed into a package composition view, where they can finish entering data for the recipient, and then send the package
- Send packages to Faspex dropboxes - The mobile user can also send to Faspex dropboxes, if the user is permitted to send to any dropboxes. If those dropboxes have custom metadata defined to be entered by the user, then the app UI will include support for whatever metadata is required for the dropbox
- SAML support - SAML login is now fully supported by the Android app. The app will now be usable by enterprise customers using SAML-based SSO solutions
- Multi-select when adding attachments - The app now supports the ability to select multiple items from the media gallery in one action, simplifying and speeding-up package composition
- Support for un/archiving and permanently deleting packages - The app now allows the Faspex user to archive and unarchive packages, as well as to permanently delete them, from within the app
- Support for server default metadata profile for normal packages - The app will respect the server-side specification of a metadata profile for normal packages, and will compose normal Faspex packages with whatever that profile specifies
- Support for date type metadata fields - The Faspex date-related metadata fields are now supported in the app, both in composing new packages and in displaying packages to be received
- Pull-down-to-refresh in inbox view - The inbox state can now be updated on demand with a "pull-to-refresh" action, allowing the app user to get an updated inbox whenever they want (the inbox also still updates in the background as before)
- Leverages Android Settings for app account settings - The app performs account management through Android Settings, making the app accounts get delivered to the Android device user in a more consistent way
- Consistent with the Android Material Design guidelines - The app now has the familiar Android Material Design style, making the app more familiar to Android users