faspexTM Mobile App for iOS and Android
The faspex™ mobile app for Apple iOS and Google Android enables faspex users to distribute content from their mobile devices or to download content onto their devices using the faspex email-style workflow, adapted to the look and feel of the native device email apps.
Mobile recipients automatically receive notifications of new content available for download and downloaded content (video or imagery) can be viewed inline or stored on the device directly to the Gallery. The data is transferred at high speed over the user's wireless network with Aspera fasp™ transport technology, making full use of the available bandwidth.
Content review, approval and quality assurance
Enable high-definition content review for remote decision-makers who can download, review and approve high-resolution images and videos on their iPad/iPhone or an Android-powered device.
Secure file contribution from remote users and partners
Enable reporters in the field or “citizen journalists” to submit high-quality footage of breaking news without sending out entire TV crews with expensive film and transmission equipment.
Remote medical diagnosis
Enable healthcare professionals to review high-resolution medical images and video from anywhere in the world, for precise and timely diagnosis.
Fully interoperable with Aspera faspex™
Send content via faspex to any recipient, including faspex users, workgroups and any 3rd party with a valid email address. Recipients are automatically notified and can receive the content via any faspex client
- Web browser using Aspera Connect,
- Email using Aspera Outlook add-in,
- Automatic download to the desktop using Aspera Cargo, or
- Mobile download using faspex mobile app.
Universal, integrated, iOS apps
- On iOS, the single app supports both iPad and iPhone devices (no need for separate apps).
- Takes specific advantages of each device’s characteristics like screen sizes and user interface features.
- Fully integrated with the common media-related apps and functions on the devices, particularly the Photo Gallery – downloaded picture and video content can be copied to the library in a single click, and photos and videos can be sent directly from the library.
Enterprise-grade protection of valuable content.
- Encryption over the wire and optional encryption of files at-rest, both on the faspex server, and when downloaded onto the mobile devices by recipients.
- Download packages can be automatically decrypted on the fly, if the recipient has been provided with the password, or will be download and stored in an encrypted form, and can be decrypted later.
- The sender may choose to whom and when to provide the password, ensuring that content cannot be accessed by an unintended person, and controlling when downloaded content is accessed.
High-speed fasp™ transfers for iOS and Android Devices
- With transfers powered by Aspera fasp™ transport technology, the packages are sent at high-speed, regardless of file sizes, transfer distance, or network conditions.
- Precise bandwidth control ensures that the entire available bandwidth is utilized to achieve maximum transfer speeds, while being fair to other network traffic.
- Complete security with endpoint authentication, encryption, and data integrity verification.
- Reliable transfers, with automatic retry and resume of interrupted transfers, and with end-to-end transfer progress monitoring and reporting.
- Real-time bandwidth prioritization control from within the app, on the faspexTM server, or from the web-based Aspera Console transfer management application.
Easy to use native Device Interface
- Intuitive user interface makes it easy to compose, send and receive faspex packages.
- On iOS, a single app supports both iPad and iPhone devices, while taking specific advantages of each device’s characteristics like screen sizes, and user interfaces.
- iPad users can use the camera in landscape or in portrait orientation.
- Thumbnails for video and image files ensure that users are working with the right assets.
- Ability to save packages in progress to the Drafts folder enables flexible workflows driven by users’ needs, not application requirements.
- The autocomplete for the recipients field brings up suggestions of recipients from previously sent packages for easier and faster composition.
Fully integrated with OS and the photo gallery
- Downloaded picture and video content can be copied to the photo library.
- Packages being composed can include content from the library.
- Content placed into the library can be accessed by library-aware apps on the device.
- The app can access the device camera directly to shoot pictures and include them immediately in the package, without having to leave the app.
- Video compression settings include the option to send "raw" video.
- Geolocation information is included with images and videos taken within the app.
Interoperable with faspex™, Aspera Connect, Cargo, and Outlook Add-in
- Packages originating from a faspex server or any faspex client can be downloaded at high-speed by the recipient directly to a mobile device using the faspex mobile app.
- Send standard faspex packages from the device to any recipient. Packages can be downloaded by the recipient using any faspex client, or any browser using Aspera Connect browser plug-in.
- Recipients with a faspex account and Aspera Cargo can have attachments automatically downloaded to their desktop.
- If required by the faspex server, package contents are encrypted over the wire.
- The sender may choose when and to whom to distribute the password, controlling who and when can decrypt the downloaded content.
- The sending user can call for the content to remain encrypted while stored in the faspex server and be decrypted on the fly when downloaded by the recipient.
- Supports the complete Aspera fasp security model, with secure authentication, encryption of the data using strong cryptography, packet integrity verification to protect against man-in-the-middle compromise, and FIPS-140 2 compliance.
iOS 5.0.1 or higher
Android 2.2 or higher
Minimum Hardware Requirements
Refer to the minimum hardware requirements for your operating system.
Requires Aspera faspex™ web application 2.6.6 or higher.
Licensed as Mobile Software license add-on to the Aspera faspex web application license and is available for use by any faspex user.
faspex is a web application that provides an easy, flexible and secure collaboration platform for exchanging files of any size, over any distance.
Lightweight, install-on-demand web browser plug-in that powers high-speed transfers between desktops and Aspera servers.
Cargo enables automatic package downloads from one or more faspex application instances.
The Aspera Add-in for Outlook is a client software option for the faspex web application users, enabling them to send and receive faspex packages directly via Outlook client.
Web application for transfer management, monitoring and control across your entire Aspera network.
Developers that wish to embed high-speed file transfer into their own apps can leverage the Aspera iOS Mobile SDK. Available through the Aspera Developer Network, the SDK offers a queue-based API for initiating, managing and monitoring high-speed fasp™ transfers between iOS devices and the Aspera Connect Server or the Aspera faspex transfer server.
Customer Success Stories