Aspera Orchestrator is a web-based application and SDK platform that enables precise control over the Aspera high-performance file transfer environment. It allows organizations to build efficient, predictable file processing pipelines that interconnect business units and external partners. With Orchestrator, files can be directed, processed and redirected with easy-to-define rules based on an organization’s workflows and using existing IT infrastructure. Aspera automation streamlines complex workflows, integrates seamlessly with third-party plug-ins and ensures that each processing step is accurately performed.
High-volume processing and transformation
Orchestrator scales fluidly and reliably for the extreme processing required by Big Data workflows such as high-volume video encoding, content ingest and distribution, verification and consolidation of scientific research data, or enterprise data collection and organization (e.g. seismic data for oil & gas exploration).
Secure Contribution and Distribution
Provide end-to-end secure transfers between suppliers and receivers, including user and endpoint authentication and authorization, encryption and integrations with antivirus or other security technologies.
Ultra High-speed Ingest
Receive content and data at high speeds from multiple sources around the world and seamlessly consolidate and merge the incoming files and folders. Integrate with high-speed storage platforms (on-premise or in the cloud) for scalable transfer performance across metropolitan and long haul networks, over any distance, with speeds of 10 Gbps and beyond.
Easy-to-use interfaces for defining and monitoring complex workflows
- Intuitive drag-and-drop, browser-based interface for fast and efficient graphical workflow composition.
- Reusable workflow and workflow sub-sequence templates make it easy to create repeatable, consistent operations.
- Execution dashboard and notifications enable real-time workflow oversight.
Powerful engine for logical, conditional execution
- Rules engine can make decisions on the fly, based on transfer attributes, extracted metadata, user input, or outputs from preceding steps.
- Automatic restart on transmission failures and support for parallel execution.
- A rich library of plug-ins for leading transcoding, quality control, antivirus, ad insertion, digital fingerprinting and other solutions.
- On-the-fly reordering of job queues enables real-time prioritization of critical items.
Integrated with Aspera fasp™ for maximum data transfer speeds
- Scales for the most demanding file-based workflows, processing thousands of files per hour.
- Precise bandwidth control ensures the entire allocated bandwidth is utilized to achieve maximum transfer speeds, while being fair to other traffic.
- 100% reliable data delivery: automatically resumes partial transfers, retries failed transfers and falls back to HTTP for highly restrictive networks.
AUTOMATED MEDIA PROCESSING WORKFLOWS WITH USER INTERACTION
There are times where user intervention is necessary during automated media workflows such as manual reordering of work queue priorities, visually inspecting a video file to ensure that it was encoded correctly, and to check if the file has been properly watermarked. Aspera Orchestrator allows the addition of user notifications, workflow breakouts, and user prompts to be integrated seamlessly into workflows for extra human accountability.
Preparing large batches of media files to send out to partners for foreign language translation and subtitling can be a tedious process, especially on compressed schedules. To ensure proper processing of media content, a user approval step can be inserted into any Aspera Orchestrator workflow for users to visually inspect the video file before it’s passed to partners.
FULLY AUTOMATED media processing WORKFLOWS
There are many different tools used while creating content in today’s fast paced media and entertainment industry. These complex workflow pipelines can often introduce human error that can be very costly in both time and money to an organization. Aspera Orchestrator helps organizations fully automate their file processing workflows seamlessly between Aspera’s FASP High-Speed File transfer environment and other 3rd party applications and plugins.
Related media assets are often bundled together with ADI metadata files that define the package’s contents. Aspera Orchestrator can be used to fully automate the process of inspecting these ADI files and updating the required media asset management databases after a file has arrived from a high-speed transfer.
During the media production process, there are many situations where a video master file needs to be made into a more compact version, in a different video codec, so that team members can conveniently review the video content. Using Aspera Orchestrator, a fully automated workflow can be built that detects that a file has been uploaded to a dropbox location, immediately initiate a quality check on the video file, transcode the file to a new format, and then distribute the file to all team members.
ENTERPRISE DATA LOSS PREVENTION WORKFLOWS
As the availability of high-speed collaboration tools become more prevalent in enterprise environments, safeguarding an organization’s intellectual property becomes more challenging for corporate IT teams. The problem is two fold, not only do teams have to protect the organization from malicious exploits entering the network, but also against the unauthorized distribution of sensitive materials out of the network. Aspera Orchestrator empowers organizations to build fully automated file transfer and file handling workflows that seamlessly integrate Virus scanning and Data Loss Prevention tools.
Aspera Orchestrator can be used to fully automate the task of running corporate virus scanning software on files landed to a staging area in the corporate DMZ, and then initiate a transfer to securely move those files to an internal network location if it passes the scan. This prevents malicious files from entering the internal corporate network during file submissions from business partners.
High-Speed file transfers in and out of an organization can potentially expose organizations to spreading malicious files and applications. Aspera Orchestrator has the ability to integrate common virus scanning software inline to Aspera’s FASP high-speed file transfers. This helps IT professionals keep their organization and business partners safe from viruses and malware.
As an organization grows, it becomes much more difficult to ensure that intellectual property and other sensitive materials are protected from being copied or sent outside the organization without authorization. Data Loss Prevention Solutions can help to identify and reduce data leakage using sophisticated content analysis. Aspera Orchestrator integrates with Symantec’s DLP Engine to scan outbound file transfers for sensitive materials, helping IT administrators seamlessly improve accountability and visibility of corporate assets.
CLOUD INTEGRATED WORKFLOWS
Aspera Orchestrator helps organizations leverage cloud computing and storage resources by automating business processes seamlessly between on-premises and on-cloud solutions. Just by dropping a file into a local WatchFolder, the file can be quickly moved up onto cloud computing platforms using FASP technology, processed on elastic cloud software services, and then brought back down to an on-premises system, where the file can continue on a local workflow. This empowers organizations to take advantage of quick resource scaling in the cloud, provide concurrency to workflows, and to take advantage of unique SaaS solutions.
Uploading media content to Apple’s iTunes Store can be time consuming and tedious for content owners, especially if there are many large hi-definition video files within the collection. Aspera Orchestrator can be used to fully automate the process, reducing complexity and improving overall speed. Once files are dragged into a watch folder on the user’s system, automatic file integrity verification can be run followed by a FASP high-speed upload to the iTunes store. In addition, user notifications can be integrated to alert when corrupted files are found, transfer issues occur, or when successful upload has completed.
A large influx of media processing workorders can fully load an organization’s internal transcoding capacity. By leveraging Aspera’s High-Speed file transfer and Orchestrator to send files to a SaaS transcoder running in the cloud, organizations can quickly improve processing speeds to meet necessary service levels and priorities. In addition, completed files can be archived to multiple storage infrastructures, both on-premises and on public or private cloud, using Aspera’s FASP Technology.
Intelligent and robust decision engine
The core decision engine within Orchestrator has been designed to support the most complicated workflows with multiple inputs, complex on-the-fly decision making, integration with third-party services and intelligent operator interaction.
- Rules can bind inputs to actions on the fly, so that desired outputs can be derived from aspects of previous steps, such as their output, transfer attributes, extracted metadata, or user input received.
- Supports parallel execution of all actions (e.g. parallel video encoding into multiple formats).
- Seamlessly integrates human inputs into the automated execution, prompting for operator input with result being used as conditional inputs for the following execution steps (e.g. quality control decisions).
- Job queues allow reordering of execution priority of multiple staged jobs.
- Automatic restart on transmission failures and support for parallel execution.
- A rich library of plug-ins for leading transcoding, quality control, antivirus, ad insertion, digital fingerprinting, DAM/MAM and other solutions.
- XML-based API for management, monitoring and control from within third-party applications.
- Integrates through web services (SOAP, REST, XML-RPC), commodity wire protocols (FTP, HTTP, SMB2, NFS, SCP), SSH and open APIs.
Intuitive Graphical Workflow DesigneR
- A drag-and-drop, browser-based interface allows you to graphically compose workflow sequences of inputs, actions and outputs quickly and efficiently.
- A rich library of workflow components ensures that virtually any business scenario can be supported, across a variety of industries and use cases.
- Users can define reusable sub-workflows and export/import previously created workflow templates, ensuring repeatable, consistent operations.
- Supports team collaboration with check out / check in, an audit log of configuration changes, and access control workflow permissions.
Interactive Browser Interface for Tracking and Reporting
- Execution dashboard and notifications enable real-time workflow oversight.
- Drill down view for monitoring status of each step and any errors.
- File view for history of operations and current status of each incoming file.
- Configurable notifications for monitoring health of workflows, individual actions, or output destinations.
High Volume Processing
- Supports the most demanding file-based workflows (thousands of media and metadata files per hour) with auto-scaling of worker processes.
- High availability system clustering with active-active configuration distributes and balances workorder execution across multiple run-time instances.
- Modular execution engine allows time consuming tasks (transcoding, encryption, watermarking, format file format inspection) to be offloaded to specialized machines.
- Uses FASP transport technology for all file transfers and is fully integrated with all Aspera transfer mechanisms.
Rich and Flexible Plug-in Architecture for Third-party process integration
Please click to enlarge.
Workflow files & folders
Workflow statistics by status
Total daily workflow statistics
- Linux 64-bit: RHEL 6.0-6.7,7.0-7.2; CentOS 6.0-6.7,7.0-7 (1511), SUSE 12; Aspera Common Components 1.2.19
- Windows 64-bit: Windows 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016
- Firefox 40-50
- Google Chrome 50-56
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Intel i3 2.53 GHz – 2 cores
- Intel i5 2.26 GHz – 4 cores
- 4 GB+
- 10GB+ disk space
- 1024 x 768 or greater for GUI
Contact your sales representative for assistance in sizing your environment.
Please contact Aspera sales for information about Orchestrator licensing and deployment.
Web application for transfer management, monitoring and control across your entire Aspera network.
Versatile server application with a variety of client options (desktop, mobile, embedded), and with support for manual or automated transfers of files and directories.
Web-enabled Aspera transfer server that facilitates FASP® transfer via web browsers and mobile applications.
Advanced desktop transfer client with support for user accounts, ability to connect to other Point-to-Point clients, and remote control by Aspera Console.
A full-featured desktop transfer client used to initiate and automate transfers with the Aspera Enterprise Server and the Aspera Point-to-Point advanced client.
Customer Success Stories
What's New in Orchestrator 3.1 (Preview)
- Enhanced developer collaboration
- New workflow review features that enables version control of workflows
- Warnings of concurrent access to a workflow help avoid overlap edits
- Simplification of the use of multiple Orchestrators by allowing developers to deploy workflows directly from one Orchestrator to another
- New inline testing capabilities that help workload development
- Developer will be able to test the workflow logic
- View relevant test cases by workflow
- Experience a strong comprehensive testing experience
- New workflow visualizations
- New capabilities to see a graphical tree view dependency chart
- Enhanced dashboards
- New Plugins
- New ability to send notifications via Slack, GIT, JIRA, Kafka
- Plugins to tie into IBM MQ and IBM IIB
What's New in Orchestrator 3.0
- Fresh modern interface that brings you faster development and easier administration
- Streamlined workflow designer with new modal interface for configuring workflow steps
- Workflow designer real estate management using zoom and menu bar minimization
- Easier global workflow template creation
- Performance statistics in the context of historical numbers
- Improved performance graphs that include data for work orders and work steps
- Resource dependency mapping
- New features to support team collaboration on workflow designs
- Workflow check out / check in locks the workflow for editing
- Post-it notes that facilitate knowledge transfer and workflow documentation
- Access to workflows granted through folder-level permissions
- Audit log of workflow and work step configuration changes
- Enhanced scalability
- High-availability-like setup facilitated by running multiple engines on a single machine
- Auto scale of worker processes
- Enhanced APIs for easier programmatic monitoring and control of workflow execution
- Better visibility into Queues and the ability to reorder the queued items
- Access to performance statistics and alerts
- Granular status of workflow execution
- Ability to reset a step in a running workflow
- Ability to destroy a work order
- Enhancements to the Custom API
- API tutorial
- New plug-ins
- Out-of-the-box support for Aspera's product set that includes the Aspera Transfer Service, Aspera Files, Aspera Shares, Aspera Faspex™ package monitoring, and FASPStream
- Support for Amazon services that include Amazon Elastic Transcoder, Glacier Operations, S3 Operations, SQS, and SWF
- New ability to use Nokogiri to transform XMLs has been added to the XSLT plug-in
- Additional plug-ins for IBM Watson Speech to Text, 3Play, Quasar Venera QC Operation, Cambria FTC Transcoder, Eolementhe Workflow Manager, Alerts, and a Dependency Checker