Aspera plug-in for Avid interplay delivery and transfer manager
Aspera Plug-in for the Avid Interplay Delivery and Avid Transfer Manager enables integrated, high-speed transport of high resolution media between Avid Interplay Production workgroups enabling near-real time collaboration. Users can share high resolution media and associated metadata between remote workgroups across a wide area network (WAN) by transferring video and metadata at line speed, regardless of distance, fully utilizing the available bandwidth.
The Aspera solution is optimized for maximum speed retrieval and storage of media clips on Avid ISIS® storage, with line speed WAN transfer at any distance, using the FASP transport platform. It also supports the complete check-out/check-in process required for coordinated transfers and collaboration.
Built on patented FASP technology, the plug-in and Aspera software transfer server combination delivers maximum transfer throughput independent of distance and network conditions, typically achieving 10-100x speed improvement over standard TCP-based transfers, with end-to-end security and exceptional bandwidth control.
Fully integrated with Avid Interplay Delivery and Avid Transfer Manager
With the Aspera Plug-in, Interplay Delivery and Transfer Manager initiate an Aspera high-speed transfer from the source workgroup to the destination without requiring any special steps or processing by the user. This will enable users to move just the files required, in just the way the receiving workgroup needs them. Users can select entire sequences, or portions of sequences; select the desired delivery resolution – and other settings – in a stored profile; choose sequences, sub-clips, or even shot lists created in Access and send them from the desktop.
Interplay Delivery and Transfer Manager simplify and enable efficient Interplay WAN proxy-editing workflows with a one-command transfer of all related media segments. Regardless of distance, type, or quality of the network connection, Aspera fully utilizes the available bandwidth and ensures the content is sent at maximum speed.
Industrial Strength Reliability
File transfers occur with maximum bandwidth efficiency and are stable, robust and predictable, even for the largest files and data sets, over the longest distances and networks with the worst conditions. The Aspera Plug-in follows and adheres to the Avid standards for file transfers. It just plain works.
Utilizes existing Avid ecosystem
Aspera Plug-in for Avid works seamlessly within the existing Avid ecosystem. The plug-in supports the existing hardware and existing storage. The user interface will remain unchanged. By supporting the existing ecosystem, Avid Interplay Production workgroups will be able to utilize high-speed transport of high resolution media and associated metadata made possible by Aspera technology.
High-speed content transfer performance
- Transfers are powered by FASP — packages are sent at high speed, regardless of file sizes, transfer distance, or network conditions.
- Transfer video and metadata while fully utilizing the available bandwidth.
- Reliable transfers with end-to-end progress reporting and performance monitoring.
Leverage your existing Avid Infrastructure
- Share high resolution media and associated metadata between remote Interplay Production workgroups.
- Integrates with Avid Interplay Delivery by utilizing the Avid Interplay Delivery SDK.
- Utilizes Avid Transfer Manager ‘s APIs specifically Avid Transfer Manager Dynamically Extensible Transfer (TM-DET) Interface.
- Compatible with Avid ISIS or Avid Unity MediaNetwork storage.
Reliable and secure file transfers
- Precise bandwidth control ensures the entire available bandwidth is utilized to achieve maximum transfer speeds, while being fair to other critical network traffic.
- Integrations supports partial media and shot lists transfers, with complete check-out/check-in process required for coordinated transfers and collaboration
- Complete security with built-in endpoint authentication, encryption, and data integrity verification.
Avid Interplay Delivery Prerequisites
- Avid Interplay Delivery SDK 1.1
Avid Transfer Manager Prerequisites
- Transfer Manager version 2.4 or newer
Aspera Software Prerequisites
- Aspera Point-to-Point 3.1 or newer
Advanced desktop transfer client with support for user accounts, ability to connect to other Point-to-Point clients, and remote control by Aspera Console.