Aspera Connect is a self-installing app that powers high-speed uploads and downloads with the Aspera Connect Server, also enabling web-based transfers for Aspera web application FaspexTM and Shares. Compatible with most standard browsers and sporting a very light system footprint, Aspera Connect integrates all of Aspera’s high-performance transport technology in a small, easy-to-use package that provides unequaled control over transfer parameters.
Browser-based file transfers
Enable teams, customers and partners to easily transfer files and directories at high speed to and from your Aspera servers via any web browser. Without any software to download and install, users can transfer data via any computer, at any time, over any connection (WAN, satellite, wireless).
The latest version of Connect now supports Simplified Chinese, Japanese, French, and Spanish in addition to English. Aspera Connect automatically sets the language based on your system's language settings.
Lightweight and browser-independent
Aspera Connect will install and launch automatically when a web application such as Aspera Shares initiates FASP® transfers. The transfers are performed independent of the browser, without locking the page during the transfer, so that users can continue working.
Reliable and secure
With built-in automatic resume of partial transfers and retry of failed transfers, Aspera Connect assures that critical files make it across the network on time and intact. All files can be encrypted in transfer and at rest, ensuring security of digital assets, without compromising transfer speeds.
Real-time transfer monitoring and control
An easy-to-use interface provides real-time status of transfer progress and transfer rate, allowing users to adjust transfer rates on the fly and to cancel/pause/resume queued transfers.
Unrivaled Aspera performance
- Powered by Aspera’s patented FASP® transport technology, content is sent at high speed, regardless of file sizes, transfer distances or network conditions.
- Precise bandwidth control ensures the entire allocated bandwidth is utilized to achieve maximum transfer speeds, while remaining fair to other business-critical network traffic.
- 100% reliable data delivery with auto resume of failed or incomplete transfers.
- Real-time reporting of transfer progress and performance.
- Automatic, fast and lossless inline compression reduces data set transfer sizes, providing further boost to Aspera's industry-leading transfer performance.
- Ability to switch to slower HTTP-based transfers for highly restrictive network environments.
Simple, lightweight App
- This simple app installs and launches automatically within the browser, as needed by the web application.
- Connect 3.6 is available with new “plug-in-less” architecture for Chrome, Firefox & MS Edge.
- Transfers happen independent of the browser, so that users can continue their work uninterrupted.
- Easy-to-use interface provides real-time visual monitoring of transfer progress and queued packages.
- Ability to adjust bandwidth utilization on the fly is ideal for boosting transfer speeds for time-critical content or throttling down less important transfers to leave bandwidth for other business-critical network traffic (e.g. video conferencing)
- Automatic UI language selection, based on operating system language setting, supports English, Spanish, French, Japanese and Simplified Chinese, providing an easy-to-understand interface during installation and use.
Keep your business-critical digital assets safe with Aspera’s enterprise-grade security features.
- Through SSH authentication establishes secure connections between the app and the transfer server.
- AES-128 data encryption in transit and at rest ensures that files are accessible only to those with the right password to decrypt them.
- FIPS 140-2 compliant cryptographic module provides strong encryption that is accredited by the US Government.
- Data integrity verification for each transmitted block guards against man-in-the-middle attacks and attempts at data or content theft.
- Supports server side encryption at rest in addition to client-side for both FASP and HTTP fallback sessions
Operating Systems Supported by the Latest Version
Note: If you use Connect with the IBM Aspera Add-in for Microsoft Outlook, you must upgrade to the latest release of the Outlook Add-in before installing and using this release of Connect.
- OS: Windows 7, 8, or 10
- Windows Server 2008 r2 or 2012.
- Browser: Internet Explorer 8+ (with limitations), Firefox 27+, Chrome 32+, or Microsoft Edge (Edge HTML versions 12.10240 and 13.10586). Note: Drag-and-drop is not supported on the Edge browser at this time.
- OS: OS X 10.6 (with limitations) through 10.11
- Browser: Safari 6+, Firefox 27+, or Chrome 32+
- OS: RHEL 6, 7 CentOS 6, 7 Fedora 16-20 SLES 11 Ubuntu 12-14 Debian 6-7
- Browser: Firefox 27+ or Chrome 32+
Minimum Hardware Requirements
Refer to the minimum hardware requirements for your browser.
Licensing and Distribution
Can be freely downloaded for distribution. Requires a Connect Server license to enable transfers.
Requires Aspera Application Platform, Aspera Shares on Demand, or Aspera Faspex on Demand for transfers to Aspera servers running in the cloud with Aspera on Demand.
Web-enabled Aspera transfer server that facilitates FASP® transfer via web browsers and mobile applications.
Aspera Faspex is a web application that provides an easy, flexible and secure collaboration platform for exchanging files of any size, over any distance.
Aspera Shares is a web application that provides a simple and intuitive way to share files of any size, enabling efficient workflows for file-based collection, distribution, and collaboration among geographically dispersed teams.
ASPERA CONNECT SDK
Customer Success Stories
WHAT'S NEW WITH CONNECT 3.7.4
Connect 3.7.4 provides several enhancements that include
- Support for AES-256 encryption as long as both client and server are running version 3.7.3 or higher of the core software
- Transfers are now encrypted by default
- Improved security on Mac OS X that meets Apple's recommended security settings
- Improvements to accessibility
WHAT'S NEW WITH CONNECT 3.7.3
Connect 3.7.3 provides several performance enhancements and usability improvements:
- Connect no longer limits the number of concurrent transfers to 100. The Transfers window displays the first 100 active transfers, along with a count of the remaining transfers. In these cases, for each transfer you delete from the Transfers window, another remaining transfer then appears
- The Connect troubleshooting tool (http://test-connect.asperasoft.com) has been incorporated into the banner that appears when Connect appears not to be installed.
- This release of Connect features various improvements to accessibility in use with screen reader tools
- The Connect SDK features several API enhancements. For detailed information, see the Aspera Developer Network at https://developer.asperasoft.com
What's New with Connect 3.6
Connect 3.6 has a new (pluginless) architecture using the latest native APIs provided by Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and MS Edge and Explorer browsers. Additional features include:
- High speed secure file and folder transfer with in browser transfer progress reporting and management, and resumable sessions across browser re-starts.
- Supports all major browser versions on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux including the latest versions that have deprecated browser plugins and NPAPI.
- Drag-and-drop of files and folders for Firefox, Chrome, and Edge in addition to interactive browse to select files and folders to transfer.
- Fully customizable graphics and banner placement in installation.
- Connect installer and SDK are separated for easier local hosting in addition to Aspera hosted distribution.
- Supports server side encryption at rest in addition to client-side for both FASP and HTTP fallback sessions.
- Aspera is also currently previewing a new webRTC stack that extends the next-generation Aspera Connect core for streaming video.