In addition to desktop transfer client options developed by Aspera, its FASP® transport technology can easily be embedded into custom desktop applications thanks to a flexible, easy-to-use Aspera Embedded Client. Lightweight and easy to use, the Embedded Client provides a programming language-specific library that exposes an API to initiate, control and monitor transfers.
Custom desktop transfer clients
Build your own custom applications with specific interfaces demanded by your business requirements and integrate Aspera embedded client as part of your application to enable users to upload and download files and directories at high-speed via FASP transport technology.
Multi-platform, multi-language fasp transfer enablement
- Windows, Mac, Linux
- C++, Java, and .Net (with examples provided for each language)
Rich feature set
- Fully embeddable client
- Detailed transfer monitoring and reporting
- Full control over transfer speeds, bandwidth sharing policies, etc.
- Background transfers that do not lock the application or hog system resources
Portable Embedded Client
- Portable to virtually any modern operating system
- Native implementation on all operating systems
- Supports many transfer paradigms: desktop GUI, command line, automation and synchronization, consumer download (e.g. set top boxes)
- All FASP security features, including FIPS 140-2 compliance
Complete transfer insight and control
- Detailed transfer monitoring and reporting through subscription to asynchronous notifications or through polling
- Comprehensive control over transfer parameters that can be exposed to users via custom GUI (transfer speeds, bandwidth sharing policies, etc.)
MySQL database for long-term history reporting
- Aspera transfer servers and Aspera Point-to-Point software can optionally log all transfer transactions, ﬁle attributes, user, and performance details, to an SQL database
- The database is integrated with Aspera Console and can be queried directly to build any type of transfer history or billing report
Comprehensive multi-platform support
- Windows, Mac, Linux, Solaris, One FS, AIX, HP-UX
- Native IPv6 support.
For more information:
Perpetual or annual (recurring) multi-tiered licensing based on transfer bandwidth capacity, one license per installed Enterprise or Connect server. Requires an annual SDK subscription.
Requires Aspera Application Platform, Aspera Shares on Demand, or Aspera faspex on Demand for transfers to Aspera servers running in the cloud with Aspera on Demand.
Central in a typical Aspera deployment, the transfer servers combine FASP transport with comprehensive transfer and user management for enterprise data workflows. Running on premise or in cloud, they provide a highly scalable and secure transfer environment that supports files of any size, thousands of concurrent transfers, and an unlimited number of users.
Web application for transfer management, monitoring and control across your entire Aspera network.
Advanced desktop transfer client with support for user accounts, ability to connect to other Point-to-Point clients, and remote control by Aspera Console.