Aspera Desktop Client is a full-featured desktop transfer client used to initiate and automate transfers with the Aspera Enterprise Server, Aspera Connect Server and the Aspera Point-to-Point advanced client. Supporting a variety of operating systems, it is a lightweight, easy-to-use application that lets users easily and securely transfer large files and directories at high speeds over any network distance, type or condition.
High-speed, secure content distribution over any network
Provide geographically dispersed teams with a high-speed transport to upload and download digital content. Aspera’s patented FASP® transfer technology moves data at the highest speeds regardless of the file sizes, network type (intercontinental WANs, satellite, WI-FI), transfer distances or network conditions.
FTP / SFTP server replacement for high performance transfers
With speeds that are hundreds of times faster than traditional protocols, fasp-powered Aspera Desktop Client coupled with the Enterprise Server eliminates the low-speed, unreliable, insecure, and bandwidth-underutilizing FTP transfers with blazing fast transport, enterprise-grade security, and unmatched bandwidth utilization and control.
- Delivers transfer rates that are hundreds of times faster than traditional transfer protocols.
- Precise bandwidth control ensures full utilization of available bandwidth, while remaining fair to other network traffic.
- 100% reliable data delivery with retry-and-resume for paused or failed transfers.
Variety of transfer options
- Send files and folders manually through a simple, intuitive graphical user interface.
- Trigger automatic transfers with hot folders.
- Leverage a flexible scriptable command line interface for automated, unattended transfers.
Performance monitoring and control
- Graphical real-time transfer rate display shows bandwidth utilization.
- Users can adjust transfer priority and bandwidth utilization on the fly.
Comprehensive enterprise-grade security
- SSH authentication.
- In-transit and at-rest encryption of files and folders.
- Data integrity verification for every transmitted data block.
Unrivaled Aspera performance
- Powered by Aspera’s patented FASP® transport technology, content is sent at high speed, regardless of file sizes, transfer distances or network conditions.
- Precise bandwidth control ensures the entire allocated bandwidth is utilized to achieve maximum transfer speeds, while remaining fair to other business-critical network traffic.
- Automatic, fast and lossless inline compression reduces data set transfer sizes, providing further boost to Aspera's industry-leading transfer performance.
- 100% reliable data delivery with real-time reporting of transfer progress and performance.
Versatile yet easy-to-use software
- Simple, intuitive user interface that makes it easy to browse remote files and directories and to initiate high-speed uploads.
- Transfers can be initiated manually, or automatically queued and scheduled with hot folders.
- Command line scripting option provides the means to automate transfers and add custom pre- and post-transfer processing steps.
- Support for Aspera Files (v 3.6.1) major functions including interactive file and folder browsing, upload/download, and hot folder functionality.
Precise bandwidth utilization control
- Real-time visual monitoring of transfer progress and transfer queue.
- Ability to adjust bandwidth utilization on the fly; ideal for boosting transfer speeds for time-critical content or throttling down less important transfers to leave bandwidth for other business-critical network traffic (e.g. video conferencing).
Keep your business-critical digital assets safe with Aspera’s enterprise-grade security features.
- Thorough SSH authentication.
- AES-128 data encryption in-transit and at-rest with configurable per-user encryption settings and minimum required password strength.
- Native key store for passwords (v 3.6.1) using OS's native secret key store to store passwords for remote connections, instead of a local persistent store
- Configurable encryption settings per user, with complete transfer authorization policies and security options.
- FIPS 140-2 compliant cryptographic module.
- Data integrity verification for each transmitted block.
Operating Systems Supported by the Latest Version
- Windows: 2008r2, 2012r2, 7, 8, 10
- Linux 64-bit and 32-bit: Ubuntu 12-15, RHEL 6-7, CentOS 6-7, SLES 11-12, Debian 6-7, Fedora 16-20; Kernel 2.4 or higher and Glibc 2.5+
- Mac OS X: 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
- AIX: 6.1, 7.1
Have another operating system? Check other Desktop Client versions.
Minimum Hardware REquirements
Refer to the minimum hardware requirements for your operating system.
Additionally, Desktop Client requires:
- Screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher for graphical user interface on any supported operating system.
Perpetual or annual (recurring) multi-tiered licensing based on transfer bandwidth capacity. One license per installed client.
Advanced desktop transfer client with support for user accounts, ability to connect to other Point-to-Point clients, and remote control by Aspera Console.
Aspera Enterprise Server is a versatile universal server application with a variety of client options (desktop, mobile, embedded), and with support for manual or automated transfers of files and directories. It enables seamless high-speed movement of files and directories across global enterprises, high-volume content ingest and distribution, and replaces FTP/SFTP servers for transfers of large, business-critical data.
Aspera's FASP Proxy enables secure high-speed transfers for client users within highly restrictive network environments.
Customer Success Stories