Aspera Files™ is a groundbreaking SaaS solution for sharing large files and data sets directly from cloud and on premise storage – located anywhere, to anywhere, with anyone. It unifies Aspera’s most advanced core technologies, features, and capabilities into a simple-to-use SaaS solution that helps businesses of any size – from the small organization to the global enterprise.
Using Files, organizations can store and readily access files and folders in multiple cloud-based and on-premises storage systems. Sharing among users is as easy as browsing or dragging-and-dropping -- regardless of where the files are located -- freeing collaboration from traditional boundaries among colleagues in both local and remote locations.
Files uses Aspera's FASP® protocol, which overcomes the limitations of other file-transfer technologies. By moving large data sets at maximum speed, reliably and securely – regardless of network conditions, physical distance between sites, and file size, type, or number – Aspera technology enables a new world of collaboration, sharing, and content delivery.
fast, convenient file sharing and exchange
Send and share files with any authorized individual or group in the default Workspace or within a specific private Workspace by simply selecting the item, the target user or group name, and the appropriate access level.
CONSOLIDATED ACCESS TO CONTENT STORED ACROSS MULTIPLE CLOUDS AND ON-PREMISES
Use a single interface to view and manage content distributed across various cloud storage systems, whether public or private.
rich apis for THIRD-PARTY applications
The content sharing, transfer and event reporting APIs are all available to third party applications, enabling content upload/download; package creation, sending, and querying; and content permissions control.
EASY TO USE AND INSTANTLY AVAILABLE
Get up and running quickly and easily. Any company from small to large can easily sign up, quickly establish a branded web presence under their organization and be operational. Using the built-in Aspera transfer servers and storage, no system administration support is needed to get up and running, and the intuitive user interface allows users to operate Files with minimal training.
Open, scalable architecture
Built on the new Aspera Transfer Platform with Autoscale functionality and a multi-tenant architecture, Files efficiently utilizes transfer server resources by automatically scaling transfer capacity to meet any transfer load demands while also allowing multiple organizations and groups to use the same instance. Files uses a distributed self-scaling clustering technology that automatically adds new transfer nodes as transfer load increases, automatically moves heavily utilized transfer nodes into an unavailable pool and automatically spins down surplus nodes when transfer demand subsides.
MOVE THE BIGGEST DATA FAST
Big data by Aspera standards means terabyte-size files, 100s of TBs transferred each day, petabyte-scale file repositories, and Workspaces comprised of tens of millions of files. In addition to its speed, Files’ underlying technology is the industry leader for reliably and predictably moving the largest file sizes and data sets across global distances without losses in performance. There are NO limits on file size or number of files.
POWERFUL SECURITY AND ACCESS MODEL
Securely authenticate to the transfer server node and storage using a secure access key system, and ensure that the multiple organizations on the platform have private access to their storage by authenticating each end user access to the storage (browse, upload, download) with a securely signed authorization token exchange with the new Aspera Transfer Platform. Content transfers may be encrypted on the wire and at rest, with both client-side and server-side encryption at rest supported.
SUPPORT FOR PUBLIC, PRIVATE OR HYBRID CLOUDS
Achieve complete flexibility in where the content is placed. Store and readily access files and folders in multiple cloud-based and on-premises storage systems, whether in an existing data center, a remote office, or public cloud storage such as Amazon Web Services S3, Microsoft Azure Blob and Softlayer Swift.
SIMPLE USER INTERFACE
The intuitive interface makes it easy to find the right files or folders and to initiate high-speed uploads or downloads.
- Sharing is easy with drag-and-drop regardless of where the files reside
- Single easy-to-navigate view consolidates all shared content.
- Shared content appears automatically in the Workspaces of the target users with the right security privileges
- Easily create a uniquely branded web presence
- Organize projects under brandable Workspaces to share and exchange files within authorized communities of users.
- Ability to send content to multiple recipients using a straightforward email-like interface.
- Preview media content in thumbnail, keyframe grids and playable media.
- Intuitive file management tools within the Workspace including the ability to upload, download, delete, move, and copy.
- Powerful search, filtering, and sorting make it easy to find items in very large content stores.
Unrivaled Aspera performance
Powered by Aspera’s patented FASP® transport technology, content is sent at high speed, regardless of file sizes, transfer distances or network conditions.
- Built on Aspera FASP technology for maximum transfer speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions.
- Easily drag-and-drop from anywhere – on premises or in the cloud – to share and exchange any-size file or data set size.
- Fully utilize your available bandwidth, without impacting other traffic on the network.
- 100% reliable data delivery with real-time reporting of transfer progress and performance.
Consolidated access to geographically distributed digital assets, stored in private, public or hybrid clouds.
- Built in multi-tenant elastic scaling accommodates variable demands for transfer throughput and storage.
- Deploy additional transfer server instances and storage in your preferred on premises or cloud infrastructure for additional scale-out capacity and complete flexibility and control over where the data resides.
- Built on Aspera Transfer Platform clusters, enabling automated self-scaling of transfer capacity to maximize performance while minimizing cost.
- Built on top of RESTful Platform API that are public facing and can be used to integrate your custom workflow.
- Supports transfers of single files, individual directories, or batches of files and directories of any size over any distance.
LOCATION AND STORAGE INDEPENDENCE
Store and access your valuable data anywhere you need to, in your data center, on Files' built-in storage, on any major cloud provider, or using hybrid infrastructure combining any combination of on premises and cloud.
- Store and readily access files and folders in multiple cloud-based and on-premises storage systems.
- Direct-to-Cloud technology supports direct cloud storage I/O to all major cloud platforms including SoftLayer, AWS, Azure, Google, Akamai and Limelight.
- Supports geographically dispersed nodes across regions, countries, or continents.
- Provides a single web interface consolidating all content from any combination of nodes in public or private clouds or private data centers.
POWERFUL SECURITY AND ACCESS MODEL
Easily configure and manage users’ access rights to nodes, directories or individual files and set permissions on all user operations.
- Uses a secure access key system and private access for multiple organizations on the same platform via authentication of each end user to the storage with a securely signed authorization token exchanged with the new Aspera Transfer Platform.
- Exchange files and folders with other users in the same organization, with third parties and with end users of separate organizations, while maintaining privacy of the underlying storage.
- Encryption over the wire and at rest, with support for both client-side and server-side encryption at rest.
- Configurable permissions to share with and send to outside users who do not have a Files account.
Comprehensive Administrative control
Gain complete visibility and centralized control over the Aspera high-speed transfer environment.
- Branding support to customize email templates, skins and color palette.
- Ability to manage membership for Workspaces, Groups and dropboxes.
- Ability to add external storage including Aspera On Demand and on premises nodes to the Files application seamlessly and securely.
- Real time monitor of transfer activities, storage usage and content management for admins.
- Audit and activity logs, monitoring and alerts.
- User and Group Management, including federation and support for integration with OAuth2, OpenID Connect, SAML, native 2Factor support.
Aspera Files™ is offered as a subscription service with the options to provision under an All-Inclusive pricing model with built-in storage and transfer capability and/or a Hybrid pricing model that supports both storage deployed in your data center and at other leading cloud infrastructure providers. Other flexible pricing options are available based on volume of data transferred, amount of data stored, and number of Workspaces needed. Additional options such as connected on-premises transfer servers and storage are available for an additional connect fee. Files is offered in three editions to meet a wide range of sizes and needs: Personal, Business, and Enterprise.
The following provides information for customers to choose the right pricing model and edition for their business.
This pricing model is the best option for organizations that want to use the built-in Aspera Transfer Platform and cloud storage available with the Aspera Files web application. Pricing under this model consists of a subscription fee for the selected Files edition based on the amount of data volume transferred, amount of storage included and the number of Workspaces with both monthly and annual terms.
This pricing model is for organizations that wish to connect Aspera Files with Aspera transfer servers and storage running either on premises or in a third party cloud such as AWS, Azure, Google or SoftLayer.
Cloud-based On Demand Servers
When connecting Aspera Files with Aspera Platform On Demand servers, pricing includes a subscription fee for the selected Files Edition based on the amount of data volume for the associated on-demand subscription, plus an existing or new On Demand subscription. Aspera Platform On Demand can be deployed on any of the major cloud infrastructure providers such as SoftLayer, AWS, Azure, or Google
When connecting Aspera Files with on-premises Aspera transfer servers such as Enterprise or Connect Server or Point-to-Point, pricing consists of a subscription fee for the selected Files Edition, plus a connection fee for the number of connected on premises nodes.
This edition is designed for small businesses or departments within larger enterprises. Offers a single brandable workspace for a community of users to share and collaborate.
Supports up to 10 workspaces for multiple branded portals for sharing and collaboration across multiple projects and project members.
Designed for large enterprises, supports up to 100 different brandable workspaces for sharing and collaboration.
CUSTOMER SUCCESS STORIES