Aspera faspstream software
Today’s live video opportunities demand new transport solutions that use Internet (IP) networks in place of legacy satellite delivery. As a result, various kinds of technologies and services have been introduced over the past several years that have attempted to deliver video reliably over the Internet such as services that use forward error correction (FEC) over UDP and peer-to-peer distribution. However, these technologies have not been able to provide the consistently exceptional broadcast quality and “zero-delay” experience provided by traditional satellite backhaul and transmission: Neither FEC over UDP nor peer-to-peer networks can guarantee live transmission rates over commodity Internet with variable round trip time and packet loss, and unlimited data rates. Aspera's FASPStream software is the world's first terrestrial solution to provide as good or better transport results as satellite delivery, but at a much lower cost.
The FASPStream software product was created from the ground up by Aspera with the potential to revolutionize the way that live and near-live video is transported. Broadcast video transport over long distances (ingest and backhaul, pitch and distribution) has traditionally relied on linear satellite systems. However, satellite transport has significant limitations for today’s Internet video demands, where video is produced anywhere and everywhere, and consumer appetite for live and interactive second-screen video is explosive.
MEDIA PROCESSING AND DISTRIBUTION
- Inline transcoding: Begin encoding process while the transfer is still in progress
- Accelerate media delivery or play out
- Perform inline file validation while data is being transfer rather than upon transfer completion
REMOTE IMAGING OR DATA CAPTURE
- Speed capture and distribution from remote locations to improve data acquisition
- Initiate time-sensitive image processing analysis of large data files sooner to make faster business decisions
IMPROVE HEALTHCARE DECISIONS
- Transfer high-resolution medical images, with speed, security and privacy
- Enable diagnostic-quality viewing by healthcare practitioners in remote locations to eliminate wait times and accelerate diagnosis
ENHANCE LEGAL DISCOVERY
- Accelerate the collection, indexing, processing, and analysis
- Enable faster recovery and data analysis to view pertinent information relevant to a legal hold or case.
SIGNIFICANT COST SAVINGS
Saves considerable costs by reducing or fully replacing satellite delivery services with much more affordable terrestrial IP networks.
EXTRAORDINARY VIDEO DELIVERY QUALITY OVER COMMODITY INTERNET
Guarantees timely arrival of live video and data with glitch-free play out and negligible start up delay/pre-buffering, independent of network round-trip delay and packet loss .
SEAMLESS WORKFLOW integration with CLOUD and HYBRID environments
Enables video on demand and production workflows for transcoding and distribution by seamlessly integrating with modern cloud computing environments, unlike satellite delivery systems that require huge investments of capital or long startup times that are impractical for one-time events and modern on-location original programming and news.
EXCEPTIONAL SPEED AND BANDWIDTH
Fully utilizes the available bandwidth of commodity IP networks to send and receive broadcast quality video streams at maximum speed, regardless of distance or network conditions.
SECURE Streaming WITH PRECISE MONITORING AND CONTROL
Achieves high-speed, robust and reliable streaming with end-to-end progress reporting and performance monitoring. All FASPStreams are encrypted in transit and security authenticated using standard public/private key authentication or Aspera's multi-tenant access key system.
The FASPStream transport is a new breakthrough alternative for Internet video transport. At the core of this software is Aspera's patented FASP transport technology that now provides fully reliable in-order byte stream delivery for live feeds over commodity IP networks using the new FASPStream architecture.
QUALITY VIDEO DELIVERY
- Glitch-free play out with negligible start up delay at “any” Internet distance
- Less than 2 seconds of delay from live for 50 Mbps video sources over global Internet networks with round-trip delays of 200 milliseconds and 2% packet loss and for 10 Mbps sources over networks with 500 milliseconds round trip delay and 5% packet loss
Stream Provider and Receiver interoperability
- Transport any live video source available on local multicast, unicast UDP, unicast TCP, or growing file source and will output video to the same options.
Provides a uniform lossless, in-order byte stream transport that equally supports constant bit rate and adaptive bit rate formats with performance independent of video encoding details
RELIABILITY AND MULTI-ENDPOINT CAPABILITY
- One stream source can be sent to multiple destinations concurrently and provides built-in path redundancy
- FASPStream server hosts are natively clustered; stream sessions failover automatically to another host
- Aspera management services automatically reconnect and restart failed streams on network outage
Robust SECURITY and authentication
- All FASPStreams are encrypted in transit and security authenticated using standard public/private key authentication or Aspera’s multi-tenant access key system
- Built in access control policies can be used to restrict stream providers and consumers by stream protocol, IP address, and ports
Aspera Interoperability and Management
- FASPStream sessions are designed for full interoperability with the Aspera file transfer stack including writing to cloud based “object” storage.
- RESTful APIs allow production workflow and broadcast management systems to manage streams and provide status
- Stream sources can include cloud and on premises transcoders / encoders that read from stream and file, or provide stream outputs or growing files.
SUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEMS
- Linux 64-bit: Ubuntu 12-14, RedHat 6-7, CentOS 6-7, Fedora 16-20, Debian 6-7, SLES 11-12 Kernel 2.4 or higher and libc version GLIB 2.3.4+
ASPERA SOFTWARE PREREQUISITES
- All machines need a FASPStream license.
- FASPStream senders are free of charge and have a built-in license key.
- FASPStream receivers require a license.
Aspera Enterprise Server is a versatile universal server application with a variety of client options (desktop, mobile, embedded), and with support for manual or automated transfers of files and directories. It enables seamless high-speed movement of files and directories across global enterprises, high-volume content ingest and distribution, and replaces FTP/SFTP servers for transfers of large, business-critical data.
Connect Server extends Enterprise Server functionality with web enablement technology, giving any web application the ability to facilitate high-speed FASP transfers. Users initiate transfers through Connect Server’s web-based directory, mobile devices, or custom web applications that use Aspera Connect API. A simple, self-installing browser plug-in performs the transfers from clients to the server, independent of the browser and without choking off other IP traffic.
The Aspera SDK offers a complete set of Application Program Interfaces (APIs) with supporting documentation and sample code to help developers integrate Aspera technology into applications as a replacement for traditional TCP-based protocols such as FTP or HTTP. The Aspera SDK includes web service APIs (REST and SOAP) as well as native libraries for Java, .NET, and C++.
CUSTOMER SUCCESS STORIES
Joint partner solution