Solutions for high-speed data transfer
Recorded on March 28, 2012
Genomic research and high-performance computing centers around the world are dedicated to improving the human health condition by producing, collecting, analyzing and distributing high-quality research data. Learn how the scientific community is transforming research by moving large volumes of genome data at high-speed over global distances.
- Distribute and access data sets using Aspera Point-to-Point clients and Enterprise Server.
- Share research results through the Web with Aspera Connect Server, Connect browser plug-in, and next generation Aspera Shares.
- Synchronize files and directories at high-speed over a WAN with Aspera Sync.
File-based Workflow Automation
Recorded on March 27, 2012
Aspera Orchestrator provides an open development framework for designing and integrating highly predictable and efficient file processing and automation pipelines from simple file forwarding and content ingest to complex process orchestration. In this Webinar we will cover various use cases and show examples of automated file-based workflows in support of global content ingest, delivery, and distribution.
- Build workflows using the Web-based visual designer and a library of plug-ins for third party processing.
- Perform conditional, rules-based execution for fully automated and extensible processing.
- Monitor active processes and report on all operations.
High-speed data sync, replication and migration across heterogeneous storage environments
Recorded on March 1, 2012
Government agencies and large enterprises are deploying more specialized scale-out NAS, object-based, and thin provisioning storage platforms from different vendors to meet specific needs. Transferring, replicating, or synchronizing file-based assets in these heterogeneous environments over wide-area networks (WANs) presents serious challenges using traditional TCP-based replication tools. The latency and packet loss created over distance disrupts replication especially for larger transmissions such as big files, and the software tools available with each platform are at best not optimized and at worse completely incompatible with each other. In this Webinar, learn how to deploy high-speed sync and replication across heterogeneous storage environments to support a broad set of use cases.
- One-way replication to offsite storage systems for storage migration, disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Bi-directional system mirroring for alternate access to digital content.
- Hub and spoke sync for high-speed content collection or distribution.
Enabling the Big-Data Cloud
Recorded on February 21, 2012
Companies leveraging the Cloud for applications and infrastructure are facing significant challenges in moving big data in and out of public and private clouds at high speed. The bottleneck in big data transfer speeds severely limits their ability to leverage the elastic compute and storage resources available from cloud infrastructure and software providers. In this webinar, learn how Aspera powers high-speed transfers, at full bandwidth capacity to, from and between remote cloud infrastructures.
- Transfer and distribute big data using Aspera Connect, Enterprise and faspex™ servers on demand available as a subscription service.
- Achieve the benefits of Amazon Web Services elastic store and compute resources with Aspera On-Demand S3|Direct, the first solution for maximum speed data transfers directly to and from S3 storage.
Person-to-Person Distribution, Exchange, and Collaboration
Recorded on February 7, 2012
Moving big data across globally distributed teams and individuals can be a challenge using conventional software tools. In this webinar, learn how individuals and groups can collaborate and exchange files at high-speed over global distances using Aspera faspex™.
- Distribute and access content using a standard browser with faspex™ server and Connect browser plug-in.
- Initiate and receive high-speed transfers through email using the Aspera Add-in for Microsoft Outlook.
- Upload and download files from mobile devices such as iPad and iPhone using the faspex™ iOS client.
- Automatically download files or packages using Aspera Cargo.
High-speed mobile uploads and downloads with Aspera Mobile SDK
Recorded on March 20, 2012
Smart phones and tablets have dramatically changed mobile computing, enabling an entire new set of use cases and applications. With the Aspera Mobile SDK for Apple iOS and Google Android, mobile app developers can embed fasp™ to achieve high-speed upload and download of large images and video directly from their mobile devices. In this webinar, you will learn:
- Manage the entire file transfer lifecycle from within your application, including session initiation, transfer, monitoring, and reporting.
- Browse Connect Server's Web-based directory listing and download the content directly to the device.
Browser-enabled high-speed transfers with Aspera Connect
Recorded on February 28, 2012
- Control the installation and show progress directly within your web application where “you,” the developer, control the user experience.
- Manage both the look and feel and workflow of transfer initiation, progress, control and error handling.
- Show or hide all internal Connect dialogs and windows to create a fully branded user experience unencumbered by external user interface elements or error handling.