> ASPERA AT IBC 2015
> PRODUCT SHOWCASE
WELCOME TO IBC 2015
Welcome to the special IBC edition of the Aspera FASP Times. This year marks our company's biggest ever presence at the show in our 10-year history. From our booth in Hall 7, #B27, Aspera will showcase our complete portfolio of high-speed file transfer software and automation solutions for the broadcast and media industries, and highlight how industry-leading media technology companies and cloud service providers are continuing to directly integrate the Aspera FASP software platform.
The show will take place September 11-15 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. If you would like to meet with a member of our team during the show, please book a meeting. See you in Amsterdam.
ASPERA PRESENTATIONS AT IBC
During the show, Michelle Munson, CEO and Co-founder of Aspera, will share her industry insight and expertise at twoconference sessions:
IBC Leaders’ Summit: 'OTT Moving Beyond Broadcast Devices in a Strategic Plan' – Thursday, September 10, 11:50am - 1:00pm
In room G102/103, Munson will participate in a panel discussion exploring the increasing ubiquity of IP delivery platforms and how this is affecting both the back-end and consumer-facing parts of the business. Fellow panelists include President of Starz Play Arabia, Maaz Sheikh, and Tom Burns, M&E CTO of EMC.
IBC Conference session: ‘The outlook for broadcast and media – IBC2015 wrap-up’ – Monday, September 14, 11:30am – 1:00pm
In this wrap-up panel taking place in the Forum Theatre, Munson will join other top executives from the broadcast and media industry to discuss key issues and trends and what we can learn from five days of conference sessions and a technology-packed exhibition.
At IBC 2015, we will highlight our revolutionary new SaaS platform, Aspera Files. Built on Aspera’s FASP transport technology, Files allows any media organization around the world to easily establish a branded web presence, on demand, and exchange content of any size, from any location at full speed regardless of network distance or conditions. The new service unifies Aspera’s most advanced core technologies, features and capabilities into an easy-to-use web application and can be adapted and extended to meet customers’ ever-changing data transfer needs, digital workflows, deployment models, and security requirements.
Aspera will showcase the platform as well as the underlying scale out server clusters built on Aspera FASP, deployed on premises and on all major public clouds. We will highlight the novel user experience where users can move, share, ingest and distribute content from anywhere, to anywhere. Learn more
At the show, we will be unveiling a number of exciting advancements to our product suite and offering live demonstrations of our software. Just a few of the highlights include:
- Launch of the next generation FASP 3.6 platform and Direct-to-Cloud Storage transfer capability designed for secure multitenant, clustered deployments with elastic automatic scaling of transfer capacity and supporting all major cloud storage platforms. The platform moves even the largest (4K) media formats from source directly to object storage destination with native I/O for SoftLayer, AWS, Azure, Akamai, Limelight, and others at line speed with support for server-side encryption at rest in addition to client side and over the wire.
- The launch of the ascp4 binary for ultra-fast transfer of large numbers of small files, the new Aspera Watchfolder and Aspera Sync enable media organizations to compute fast synchronization updates, ensure essence and metadata transfer together and in preferred order, transfer growing files, and synchronize, watch and move “huge” file systems. Console 3.0manages transfer failover and load balancing and expands email notification, tagging, searching and reporting to provide flexibility, ease and scale as digital file transfer explodes.
- FASPStream transport expands Aspera’s FASPtransport technology for live and near-live data streaming by providing a fully reliable streaming protocol for in-order data delivery over Internet WANs with excellent quality and negligible start-up delay.
- Advances in Aspera faspex, Connect, Cargo, Drive and a new Virtual Catcher add-on allow for interactive and automated distribution of media content over low cost, high speed Internet from cloud and on premises Aspera servers to receivers globally, replacing expensive legacy satellite distribution systems. An enhanced faspex API overlay allows for distributed routing of packages, automatic release date management, and easy RESTful integration in other workflows.
- Aspera Orchestrator 2.3, the new release of Aspera's web-based workflow automation platform, has undergone major optimizations across the core system engine to improve performance within high concurrency environments, with performance boosts in some cases as high as 10x previous versions. New plug-ins have been added to the library of over 100 third-party applications that can be invoked within an Aspera Orchestrator workflow.
New to IBC this year, we will be hosting a number of partner demo stations featuring industry leading media technologies. Stop by the booth to learn more about the following technology integrations with our partners:
- Aspera Upload Acceleration for Akamai Netstorage
- Aspera FASP for high-speed transfer into and out of Encoding.com
- Media Netwerk's integration of Aspera Connect and Aspera Orchestrator into Media Bank for asset ingest and download
- Mediasilo: FASP integration for fast uploads to online video sharing platform
- FASP integration with root6 Content Management
- FASP transfer integration with Scality RING storage management product
ASPERA IBC PRESENTATIONS
- IBC Leader's Summit: 'OTT Moving Beyond Broadcast Devices in a Strategic Plan'
Thursday, 10 Sept. 11:50am
Room G102/103, RAI Amsterdam
- 'The Outlook for Broadcast and Media - IBC 2015 Wrap-up Panel'
Monday, 14 Sept. 11:30am
Hall 9 – IBC Content Everywhere Workflow Solutions theatre
ASPERA IBC EVENTS
- 4K 4Charity Fun Run
Saturday, 12 Sept. 7:30am
- Sponsored by co-founders Elemental and Ericsson and premier sponsor Aspera, the 4K 4Charity Fun Run at IBC 2015 is open to all registered show attendees. The 4km (2.49-mile) run promotes wellness, networking and charitable giving in a fun, casual environment.
- Networking Cocktail Reception Sponsored by Microsoft
Saturday, 12 Sept. 5:00pm
Aspera Booth – Hall 7, Stand B27
- Grab a drink and enjoy some hors d’oeuvres, meet key members of our teams and learn more about how we are jointly helping leading media companies move their workflows to the Microsoft Azure cloud.
SEE US AT OUR OTHER EVENTS
- CONVERGED IT SUMMIT
September 9-10, 2015
San Francisco, CA
- INTELLIGENCE & NATIONAL SECURITY SUMMIT
September 9-10, 2015
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
- IBC 2015
September 11-15, 2015
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- INTERNET2 TECHNOLOGY EXCHANGE
October 4-7, 2015
Cleveland Convention Center
October 6-8, 2015
Deutsche Messe, Messegelände
- AWS RE:INVENT
October 6-9, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
- NETAPP INSIGHT 2015
October 12-15, 2015
Mandalay Bay Resort
Las Vegas, NV
- SEG 2015
October 18-23, 2015
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
New Orleans, LA
- AKAMAI EDGE CONFERENCE
October 19-23, 2015
Miami Beach, FL
- MEDIENTAGE MUNCHEN
October 21-23, 2015
ICM/Munich Trade Fair Centre