THEY'RE HERE - ASPERA FILES SAAS AND THE FASP 3.6 CORE MAJOR RELEASE
We're thrilled to announce the general availability of Aspera Files™, a groundbreaking SaaS solution for sharing large files and data sets directly from cloud and on premises storage – from anywhere, to anywhere, with anyone. We're also announcing the major release of version 3.6 of our Aspera Transfer Platform that is built into the core of all our latest Aspera products and Aspera On Demand offerings.
THE ALL NEW ASPERA FILES SAAS
Aspera Files unifies Aspera’s most advanced core technologies, features, and capabilities into a simple-to-use file sharing and exchange SaaS solution that helps businesses of any size – from the small organization to the global enterprise. Using Files, organizations can store and readily access large files and folders in multiple cloud-based and on-premises storage systems. Sharing among users is as easy as browsing or dragging-and-dropping – regardless of where the files are located – freeing collaboration from traditional boundaries among colleagues in both local and remote locations.
A SIMPLE, NEW WAY TO SEND AND SHARE – A simple, intuitive user experience coupled with your own branded web application and the ability to instantly share and exchange large files and folders within named Workspaces.
MOVE THE BIGGEST DATA FAST – Share multi-gigabyte files and multi-terabyte data sets across global distances quickly, reliably and securely.
STORE YOUR DATA ANYWHERE – Store and share your data from on premises, hybrid or any leading cloud infrastructure such as SoftLayer, AWS, Google, Microsoft Azure.
BUILT-IN SECURITY MODEL – The most advanced security system provides a secure key access control system, encryption over the wire and at rest, to safeguards your data.
MAJOR RELEASE: CORE PRODUCTS VERSION 3.6
We are excited to announce the major release of version 3.6 of our Aspera Transfer Platform that is built into the core of all our latest Aspera products and Aspera On Demand offerings. In one of our biggest releases to date, our core products – Enterprise Server, Connect Server, Point-to-Point Client, and Desktop Client – have all undergone a significant revamping with support for multi-tenancy and many new notable features and capabilities. The most significant highlights include:
- New multi-tenant access control and content security enabling multiple Aspera applications to securely authenticate to transfer clusters and individual transfer nodes with no access to underlying storage credentials, supporting all local and cloud storage types. Read more
- New super fast HVM images for Aspera On Demand running on Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure support single transfers sessions at up to 1.5 Gigabits per second throughput using the latest VM technology.
- Many new Direct-to-Cloud storage advanced transfer capabilities available for On Demand support all major cloud storage providers including IBM SoftLayer Swift, AWS S3 and GovCloud, Microsoft Azure Blob, Akamai NetStorage, Limelight Orchestrate Cloud Storage, Google Cloud Storage, HDFS, Ceph, and coming soon, CleverSafe. Read more
- New server side encryption at rest stores content securely at rest based on server defined / queried secrets, in addition to client side encryption at rest.
- New Autoscale service for the Transfer Cluster Manager (ATCM) for Aspera On Demand that automatically scales the number of Aspera server nodes for client transfer demands up and down based on user-defined policies. Read more
- New Aspera Watch (asperawatchd) service provides immediate change detection and snapshot service designed for speed, scale and distributed change watching. Read more
- New FASPStream binary and APIs include a new binary for sending and receiving ‘streams’ of data or growing files over wide area networks at the stream/file generation rate with nearly 0 delay at the receiver. Read more
- New ascp4 binary has a new architecture for ultra high-speed transfers of very small files, able to achieve 1 million files per minute over Global WANs for 10 Gigabit per second sustained transfers of files of <=100KB over long distance. Read more
- New Aspera Sync incorporates the asperawatchd service eliminating bottlenecks of scanning on very large file systems (>20 million files) and scales with number of synchronizing users by eliminating per-user file system access. Read more
- New Aspera WatchFolder (beta release) included in all Linux and Windows core products and designed to meet the scaling and management requirements of modern workflows. This can be used in place or in addition to the Windows asperasync.exe or simplesync services on Linux. Read more