Aspera fasp™ 3.1 now available
EMERYVILLE, Calif.— January 9, 2013 —Aspera, Inc., creators of next-generation software technologies that move the world’s large data at maximum speed, today announced the immediate availability of the latest version of its core high-speed transfer products and SDK, for both on-premise and Aspera On Demand cloud-based subscription service.
These latest enterprise software and On Demand versions build upon fasp 3, the most universal and open core transport technology available today, with the following new capabilities:
- Extreme scalability - support for passing an arbitrarily large number of individual source items to an ascp transfer session, allowing all Aspera client and plugin products, ascp command line usage, and 3rd party SDK usage to pass even billions of unique individual files and directories to a fasp session for transfer.
- The ability to uniquely rename each source item at the destination and to secure the session with the Aspera token authorization independent of number of items.
- First ever high-speed direct-to-cloud transport now enhanced with fully integrated support for browsing and transfer with Aspera On Demand servers for Microsoft Azure and Azure Blob storage.
- Line-speed transfers of tiny files – multiple advanced features in the new a3 transfer binary, which allow for line speed transfers of even the smallest files through its new inline metadata transmission and multi-I/O architecture, and incorporating fast inline compression.
- Updated Windows runtime allowing for full compatibility with Windows 8 and future Windows environments.
MULTI LANGUAGE CONNECT 3.1
The latest version of Aspera’s popular high-speed Web browser plug-in now supports Simplified Chinese, Japanese, French, and Spanish in addition to English. The transfer plug-in automatically sets the language based on your system's language settings and is fully compatible with the Connect 3.0 APIs for embedding fasp transport in modern Web apps and all Aspera Web applications including faspex™ and Shares.
FASP SDK 3.1 ON ASPERA DEVELOPER NETWORK
A major new release of Aspera’s SDK, version 3.1, is now available on the Aspera Developer Network, with many new features, enhancements, and sample code across the entire SDK product line:
- The faspmanager SDK for embedding Aspera fasp client and server capability in 3rd party applications has new Java and .NET versions that support all Aspera ascp options of the fasp 3 generation
- New and enhanced sample applications for Java and .NET documenting best practices and targeting distributions for all of the latest Visual Studio and .NET frameworks
- For the radical new Node API, multiple additional samples and documentation. The Node API provides secure and authenticated fasp session setup, authorization, and file browsing, across all storage types (local, SAN/NAS, or cloud) through a REST interface.
- A New Consolidated Web Service API combining all Web services for fasp transfer management.
- The Aspera Stats Collector, a powerful service for querying transfer status across multiple Aspera transfer nodes including support for DNS round-robin server clusters.
- For secure token-based authorization, new token generation libraries for Java and .NET.
- Multiple new real world samples for Pre and Post Transfer Processing using web services and custom scripting for running custom actions before and after Aspera transfer sessions.
- The new faspex 3.0 automation API for creating and sending new packages, querying status, and discovering and downloading new items via the faspex REST API.
– All 3.1 transfer software is now shipping and available via download from downloads.asperasoft.com.
– The 3.1 SDK is now shipping and available via download from developer.asperasoft.com.