Aspera Transfer Service (ATS) is a hosted multi-tenant software service running in the Cloud that enables high-speed upload and download of large files and large data sets directly into Cloud object storage. Using the patented Aspera FASP® high-speed transfer protocol, customers can quickly move data of any size over any distance at line speed. The unique Direct-to-Cloud capability integrates with the underlying cloud storage interfaces to enable the fastest file uploads and downloads while adding key transfer management features such as pause, resume, reporting and encryption over the wire and at rest.
ATS is available as a subscription service, and pricing is tiered based on the amount of data volume transferred. Aspera provides a desktop and command line client for use with the service, and has enabled the service to support your Aspera Files, Faspex and Shares applications as a fully hosted, managed transfer layer.
Aspera Transfer Service is currently available on AWS for purchase in the AWS Marketplace or directly from the Aspera Transfer Service site. Aspera Transfer Service for Microsoft Azure and IBM Softlayer are currently available in beta directly from Aspera with support for additional cloud platforms coming in 2017.
Click here to learn more about ATS with these frequently asked questions.
FAST TRANSFERS OF VERY LARGE FILES AND DATA SETS TO/FROM THE CLOUD
While the cloud offers many benefits, moving your big data to the cloud can be challenging. Traditional transfer software technologies are slow and unreliable, and shipping physical disk storage is time consuming, expensive and exposes your data to unnecessary security risks.
Aspera Transfer Service is the ideal solution for high speed, large volume, secure data ingest directly to and from cloud storage. Using Aspera products such as the Desktop & Command Line Clients, Faspex, Shares, Files, or an Aspera API, users can transfer and synchronize files at maximum speed directly to scale-out cloud object storage such as AWS S3, SoftLayer Swift, Azure Blob, and Google Cloud Storage. Aspera has developed a high-speed software interface to the Aspera FASP protocol which directly interoperates with the underlying object storage APIs providing maximum speed regardless of distance, robust security, predictable transfer times, and a rich set of transfer management features.
FASTEST POSSIBLE TRANSFER PERFORMANCE & PREDICTABLE INGRESS / EGRESS TIMES AT ANY DISTANCE
- Speed - Single stream transfers at maximum speed independent of network round-trip delay and packet loss (500ms / 30%+ packet loss), up to the I/O limits of the platform, 10-100X faster than TCP transfers, with support for all Cloud infrastructure regions and data centers.
- Predictability - Unlike TCP-based transfers which are highly variable, FASP transfer times are highly predictable, and scale linearly with increases in bandwidth.
- Scale Out - Aggregate speeds scale without limit, e.g. 100 Gigabits/second per cluster.
- Concurrency - Concurrent transfer support with extreme scaling to many thousands of sessions per cluster.
Native integration with cloud storage APIs ensures data is written directly to the object storage during the transfer and immediately available when transfer completes.
- Largest File Sizes - Support for single transfer session of files and directory sizes up to the largest object size supported by the particular cloud platform.
- Largest Directories - Transfers directories containing any number of individual files at high speed, even for very large numbers of very small files (100 Mbps transfers over WAN for file sets of 1-10KB in size).
ADAPTIVE BANDWIDTH CONTROL
Network and disk based congestion control providing automatic adaptation of transmission speed to available network bandwidth and available I/O throughput to/from storage platform, to avoid congestion and overdrive.
COMPLETE DATA SECURITY AND INTEGRITY
- Encryption - Built-in over the wire encryption In transit and encryption-at-rest with client and server side controlled options
- Integrity Verification - Data integrity verification for each transmitted block
- Automatic Resume - Automatic retry and checkpoint resume (single files and directories) from point of interruption on failure.
- Authentication and Access Control - Built in support for authenticated Aspera storage roots private to the tenant. Support for configurable read, write, and listing access per user account. Support for platform-specific role based access control including Amazon IAMS and Microsoft Secure SaaS URLs.
COMPLETE INTEROPERABILITY WITH ASPERA CLIENTS
Fully interoperable transfer support with all core Aspera products acting as transfer peers with the cloud storage, including Enterprise Server, Connect Server, Connect browser plug-in, Desktop client & Point-to-point (command line, watch folder, and interactive GUI), Drive, Cargo, Mobile, Outlook Plug-in.
FULL-FEATURED TRANSFER MODES
Fully interoperable transfer support for all modes of transfer in these products including command line (CLI), interactive GUI point-and-click, browser, hot folder automation, SDK automation, and one way and bidirectional synchronization.
COMPREHENSIVE SERVER CAPABILITIES
Full support for all Aspera server-side features such as:
- Secure storage roots - Configurable by tenant, bucket and user
- Console reporting - Real-time and historical
- Comprehensive file handlingpolicies, such as preservation of creation and modification times
- Seamless, full featured HTTP fallback - In restricted network environments with full support for encryption in transit, encryption-at-rest and automatic retry and resume.
- Secure forward/reverse proxy support - Transfers to/from cloud environments support Aspera proxy on the client side in forward or reverse mode.
COMPREHENSIVE API CAPABILITIES
“Aspera offers a mature, fast, reliable and secure solution capable of handling the high volume of video content we need to deliver directly to cloud storage." Simon Christie Broadcast Systems Engineer, Distribution & Broadcast Technology, Channel 4