Aspera on Cloud
IBM Aspera on Cloud is a hosted service to quickly, securely and reliably move your files and data sets of any size and type across a hybrid cloud environment. It unifies Aspera’s cloud solutions into a single offering with integrated reporting, advanced administration, and a new easy-to-use interface.
Using IBM Aspera on Cloud, organizations can seamlessly access and share data stored across multiple clouds and on-premises data centers. Internal and external users collaborate over the data in a secure environment that tightly controls access to content and application functionality. Large files and data sets are transferred across the storage environment using Aspera's FASP® protocol, which overcomes the limitations of other file-transfer technologies to move data at maximum speed regardless of network conditions, physical distance between sites, and file size, type, or number.
High-Speed Access to Data Stored Across Hybrid-Cloud Environments
Use a single interface to view and transfer files across various cloud and on-premises storage systems.
Fast, Convenient, and Secure File Sharing and Exchange
Drag-and-drop to send and share data with any authorized individual or group of users.
Reliable Package Delivery to Anyone Around the World
Deliver packages of files to recipients located anywhere. Include external users in package delivery and content submission requests.
Data Migration To, From and Between Clouds and On-Premises Storage
Out-of-the box support for all market-leading cloud platforms enables migration of large volumes of unstructured data to, from and between cloud storage, fast.
Embed High-Speed Transfer into a Custom Application
Use published Aspera APIs to extend existing web and mobile applications to include fast file transfer.
Intuitive File Sharing and Content Delivery Across a Hybrid-Cloud Environment
The easy-to-use interface simplifies file uploads, downloads, search, sharing, distribution and content management across on-premises and cloud storage.
- Drag-and-drop files and folders to transfer to any storage location or to share with other users and groups.
- Organize your files and users into workspaces, which are secure collaboration areas for groups.
- Use inboxes to represent cloud and on-premises storage and enable users to submit content directly to your inbox or to a shared content submission portal.
- Compile data into a digital package and distribute to one or more recipients using a straightforward, email-like interface.
- Preview media content in thumbnail, keyframe grids and playable media.
- Easily find items in very large file stores with search, filter, and sort.
Central Administration of Hybrid Environments
Connect to all your cloud and on-premises storage and remotely manage your transfer nodes with a single easy-to-use interface.
- Store and readily access files and folders in multiple cloud-based and on-premises storage systems.
- Configure access to transfer nodes located in your data center or in any market-leading cloud platform: IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, and Google.
- Establish network policies that govern how transfer nodes interact with each other.
- Embed sending, sharing and delivery functionality into your custom applications using the Aspera API.
Real-Time Visibility and Control Over Your Transfers
Gain complete visibility and control over the Aspera high-speed transfer environment. Monitor transfer activities in real time while embedding your brand into every communication and web asset.
- Manage transfer activities, storage usage, and digital packages in real time.
- Monitor activity logs and service alerts.
- Manage membership in workspaces, user groups and shared inboxes.
- Easily create a uniquely branded web presence.
- Customize email templates and logos to match your brand identity.
High-Speed Data Transfer at Any Distance
Transfer data up to hundreds of times faster over global wide area networks, achieve multiple gigabit-per-second speeds.
- Built on Aspera FASP® technology, which provides maximum transfer speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions.
- Easily transfer data from anywhere – on-premises or cloud storage – to any location around the world.
- Fully utilize your available bandwidth, without impacting other traffic on the network.
- 100% reliable data delivery with real-time reporting of transfer progress and performance.
Cloud-Native Technology with Extreme Scalability
Direct-to-cloud technology and built-in clustering achieves faster performance and automatically scales transfer capacity.
- Direct-to-cloud technology supports direct cloud storage I/O, bypassing two-phase transfers to ensure faster performance and immediate post-transfer data availability.
- Gain control over individual transfers into or out of the cloud with the ability to pause, resume and cancel the transaction.
- Accommodate variable demands for transfer throughput and storage with built-in, multi-tenant elastic scaling.
Share large data in a hybrid cloud environment with built-in security that locks down your data.
- Engage a powerful access-control model that protects the service’s capabilities and data access.
- Individually authenticate each end user to the storage by using a securely signed authorization token that maintains privacy of the underlying storage.
- Encrypt data over the wire and at rest on the client side, server side, or both.
- Control whether files and folders can be shared with or sent to outside users who do not have an Aspera on Cloud account.
- User and Group Management includes federation and support for integration with OAuth2, OpenID Connect, SAML, and native 2Factor.
Desktop, Browser and Mobile Access
Extend Aspera on Cloud access to the desktop, browser and mobile applications.
- Aspera Drive provides teams with the ability to quickly and securely share and exchange “big data” directly from the desktop, enabling high-performance transfer and synchronization of files and data sets.
- Aspera Connect enables employees, customers and partners to easily transfer files and directories at high speed via any web browser.
- Aspera on Cloud Mobile allows users to send packages and share files from a mobile device.
IBM Aspera on Cloud is offered as a subscription service with flexible annual or pay-as-you-go pricing options that are designed to match a range of usage patterns and deployment scenarios. Whether establishing a temporary collaboration workspace for a small team, or a content delivery portal for many vendors and business partners, organizations can select the package and payment model that best fits their business. All pricing is based on the volume of data transferred using the service.
IBM Aspera on Cloud customers can select among three editions when purchasing the service: Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise. These editions build upon each other to offer more robust collaboration, automation, branding, and management functionality at each level.
The IBM Aspera on Cloud Standard Edition is ideal for smaller implementations and includes 1 TB of Storage, support for 2500 Users, and the following features:
- Connection to an unlimited number of transfer nodes and cloud storage buckets
- Web uploads
- Folder sharing
- Package sending and receiving
- Synchronization of desktop files and folders between the Aspera Drive Client and the managed transfer node
- Unique login URL for your Aspera instance
- Support for the following Aspera transfer clients: Browser Client, Drive Client, Desktop Client, Command Line Interface
The IBM Aspera on Cloud Advanced Edition is ideal for mid-sized implementations and includes 10 TB of Storage, support for 2500 Users, and the following features:
- All of the features and capabilities of the Standard Edition
- Brandable Workspaces and email
- Shared Inboxes
- Web-based monitoring and reporting
- Ability to brand the login URL for your Aspera instance
- SAML integration
The IBM Aspera on Cloud Enterprise Edition is ideally suited for large enterprises with multiple departments and many simultaneous collaboration projects. The package includes all of the features and capabilities of the Advanced Edition plus the ability to customize the offering to the requirements of the organization's unique environment.
Pay as You Go
Pricing for Pay as You Go is only available for the Standard edition and is a flat-rate plan billed monthly in arrears based on actual transfer volume. You can transfer as much or as little as you need, and just pay for what you use.
Pricing for Pre-Commit Volume rate plans specify an amount of data that can be transferred in one year. If you transfer more data than the committed volume, the overage volume is billed at the same equivalent per GB fee plus 10%. The entire pre-committed transfer capacity must be used within the year - there is no credit, rollover, or partial refund for unused transfer capacity.
Online Try / Buy
The IBM Aspera on Cloud service is available for self-service online trial sign up for a duration of 30 days or 100GB of transfer data, whichever comes first.
SUPPORTED CLOUD PLATFORMS
Service availability (clouds and region)
IBM Aspera on Cloud is generally available in the following regions for Amazon Web Services (US, EU, APAC), IBM Cloud (US, EU, APAC), Microsoft Azure (US, EU, APAC), and Google Cloud Services (US). Detailed availability can be reviewed here.
- On-premises block storage (SAN, NAS, etc)
- Object-based storage:
- Amazon Web Services S3
- Google Cloud Platform
- IBM Cloud Object Storage S3
- Open Stack Swift (IBM Cloud)
- Microsoft Azure BLOB