Aspera Files™ is a groundbreaking SaaS solution for sharing large files and data sets directly from cloud and on premise storage – located anywhere, to anywhere, with anyone. It unifies Aspera’s most advanced core technologies, features, and capabilities into a simple-to-use SaaS solution that helps businesses of any size – from the small organization to the global enterprise.
Using Files, organizations can store and readily access files and folders in multiple cloud-based and on-premises storage systems. Sharing among users is as easy as browsing or dragging-and-dropping -- regardless of where the files are located -- freeing collaboration from traditional boundaries among colleagues in both local and remote locations.
Files uses Aspera's FASP® protocol, which overcomes the limitations of other file-transfer technologies. By moving large data sets at maximum speed, reliably and securely – regardless of network conditions, physical distance between sites, and file size, type, or number – Aspera technology enables a new world of collaboration, sharing, and content delivery.
fast, convenient file sharing and exchange
Send and share files with any authorized individual or group in the default Workspace or within a specific private Workspace by simply selecting the item, the target user or group name, and the appropriate access level.
CONSOLIDATED ACCESS TO CONTENT STORED ACROSS MULTIPLE CLOUDS AND ON-PREMISES
Use a single interface to view and manage content distributed across various cloud storage systems, whether public or private.
rich apis for third-party applications
The content sharing, transfer and event reporting APIs are all available to third party applications, enabling content upload/download; package creation, sending, and querying; and content permissions control. WHATS NEW
EASY TO USE AND INSTANTLY AVAILABLE
Get up and running quickly and easily. Any company from small to large can easily sign up, quickly establish a branded web presence under their organization and be operational. Using the built-in Aspera transfer servers and storage, no system administration support is needed to get up and running, and the intuitive user interface allows users to operate Files with minimal training.
Open, scalable architecture
Built on the new Aspera Transfer Platform with Autoscale functionality and a multi-tenant architecture, Files efficiently utilizes transfer server resources by automatically scaling transfer capacity to meet any transfer load demands while also allowing multiple organizations and groups to use the same instance. Files uses a distributed self-scaling clustering technology that automatically adds new transfer nodes as transfer load increases, automatically moves heavily utilized transfer nodes into an unavailable pool and automatically spins down surplus nodes when transfer demand subsides.
MOVE THE BIGGEST DATA FAST
Big data by Aspera standards means terabyte-size files, 100s of TBs transferred each day, petabyte-scale file repositories, and Workspaces comprised of tens of millions of files. In addition to its speed, Files’ underlying technology is the industry leader for reliably and predictably moving the largest file sizes and data sets across global distances without losses in performance. There are NO limits on file size or number of files.
POWERFUL SECURITY AND ACCESS MODEL
Securely authenticate to the transfer server node and storage using a secure access key system, and ensure that the multiple organizations on the platform have private access to their storage by authenticating each end user access to the storage (browse, upload, download) with a securely signed authorization token exchange with the new Aspera Transfer Platform. Content transfers may be encrypted on the wire and at rest, with both client-side and server-side encryption at rest supported.
SUPPORT FOR PUBLIC, PRIVATE OR HYBRID CLOUDS
Achieve complete flexibility in where the content is placed. Store and readily access files and folders in multiple cloud-based and on-premises storage systems, whether in an existing data center, a remote office, or public cloud storage such as Amazon Web Services S3, Microsoft Azure Blob and Softlayer Swift.
Aspera Files™ is offered as a subscription service with the options to provision under an All-Inclusive pricing model with built-in storage and transfer capability and/or a Hybrid pricing model that supports both storage deployed in your data center and at other leading cloud infrastructure providers. Other flexible pricing options are available based on volume of data transferred, amount of data stored, and number of Workspaces needed. Additional options such as connected on-premises transfer servers and storage are available for an additional connect fee. Files is offered in three editions to meet a wide range of sizes and needs: Personal, Business, and Enterprise.
Pricing for Aspera Files is based on the volume of data transferred with multiple editions that vary based on the number of Workspaces, number of Users, and amount of Storage included.
Pay as you go
Pricing for Pay As You Go rate plans is tiered based on actual transfer volume and billed monthly in arrears. You can transfer as much or as little as you need, and just pay for what you use.
Pre Committed Volume
Pricing for Pre Commit Volume rate plans specify an amount of data that can be transferred in one year. If you transfer more data than the committed volume, the overage volume transfer is billed at the same equivalent per GB fee for that tier. The entire pre committed transfer capacity must be used within the year - there is no credit, rollover, or partial refund for unused GB transfer capacity.
Online Try / Buy
All Aspera SaaS offerings are available for self service online trial sign up for a duration of 30 days or 100GB of transfer data, whichever comes first. Purchases can be made at store.asperasoft.com for US based companies, and will be offered for non-US countries soon.
The Aspera Files Personal Edition is ideal for small teams and includes 1 Workspace, 1 TB of Storage, and support for 20 Users in addition to the following features:
- Aspera Transfer Service including all of the ATS features and capabilities
- Files Express Mode and Files Advanced Mode
- Brandable Workspace collaboration area
- Folder Sharing with Public and Private Links
- Package Sending and Receiving
- Dropboxes with Metadata
- File Preview
- Support for the following Asprea transfer clients: Browser Client, Desktop Client, Command Line Interface, Application Programming Interfaces
The Aspera Files Business Edition is ideally suited for small to mid sized businesses, and includes 100 Workspaces, 5 TB of Storage, and support for 100 Users in addition to the following features:
- All of the features and capabilities of the Personal Edition
- Console Web-based Management and Reporting
- Unique Domain URL for your Files instance
- Desktop Synchronization of Files and Folders in Workspaces directly to the desktop
- SAML Integration
- Additional Supported Transfer Clients include Aspera Drive, Aspera Cargo, and Aspera Mobile
The Aspera Files Enterprise Edition is ideally suited for large enterprises with multiple departments and many simultaneous collaboration projects and includes Unlimited Workspaces, 10 TB of Storage, and support for 500 Users, in addition to the all of the features and capabilities of the Business Edition.
SIMPLE USER INTERFACE
The intuitive interface makes it easy to find the right files or folders and to initiate high-speed uploads or downloads.
- Sharing is easy with drag-and-drop regardless of where the files reside
- Single easy-to-navigate view consolidates all shared content.
- Shared content appears automatically in the Workspaces of the target users with the right security privileges
- Easily create a uniquely branded web presence
- Organize projects under brandable Workspaces to share and exchange files within authorized communities of users.
- Ability to send content to multiple recipients using a straightforward email-like interface.
- Preview media content in thumbnail, keyframe grids and playable media.
- Intuitive file management tools within the Workspace including the ability to upload, download, delete, move, and copy.
- Powerful search, filtering, and sorting make it easy to find items in very large content stores.
- Support for Aspera Drive, Aspera Connect and Aspera Mobile iOS/Android apps dramatically extends Files access and user collaboration across popular Aspera desktop, browser and mobile applications.
Unrivaled Aspera performance
Powered by Aspera’s patented FASP® transport technology, content is sent at high speed, regardless of file sizes, transfer distances or network conditions.
- Built on Aspera FASP technology for maximum transfer speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions.
- Easily drag-and-drop from anywhere – on premises or in the cloud – to share and exchange any-size file or data set size.
- Fully utilize your available bandwidth, without impacting other traffic on the network.
- 100% reliable data delivery with real-time reporting of transfer progress and performance.
Consolidated access to geographically distributed digital assets, stored in private, public or hybrid clouds.
- Built in multi-tenant elastic scaling accommodates variable demands for transfer throughput and storage.
- Deploy additional transfer server instances and storage in your preferred on premises or cloud infrastructure for additional scale-out capacity and complete flexibility and control over where the data resides.
- Built on Aspera Transfer Platform clusters, enabling automated self-scaling of transfer capacity to maximize performance while minimizing cost.
- Built on top of RESTful Platform API that are public facing and can be used to integrate your custom workflow.
- Supports transfers of single files, individual directories, or batches of files and directories of any size over any distance.
LOCATION AND STORAGE INDEPENDENCE
Store and access your valuable data anywhere you need to, in your data center, on Files' built-in storage, on any major cloud provider, or using hybrid infrastructure combining any combination of on premises and cloud.
- Store and readily access files and folders in multiple cloud-based and on-premises storage systems.
- Supports geographically dispersed nodes across regions, countries, or continents.
- Provides a single web interface consolidating all content from any combination of nodes in public or private clouds or private data centers.
- Direct-to-Cloud technology supports direct cloud storage I/O to all major cloud platforms including SoftLayer, AWS, Azure, and Google.
POWERFUL SECURITY AND ACCESS MODEL
Easily configure and manage users’ access rights to nodes, directories or individual files and set permissions on all user operations.
- Uses a secure access key system and private access for multiple organizations on the same platform via authentication of each end user to the storage with a securely signed authorization token exchanged with the new Aspera Transfer Platform.
- Exchange files and folders with other users in the same organization, with third parties and with end users of separate organizations, while maintaining privacy of the underlying storage.
- Encryption over the wire and at rest, with support for both client-side and server-side encryption at rest.
- Configurable permissions to share with and send to outside users who do not have a Files account.
Comprehensive Administrative control
Gain complete visibility and centralized control over the Aspera high-speed transfer environment.
- Branding support to customize email templates, skins and color palette.
- Ability to manage membership for Workspaces, Groups and dropboxes.
- Ability to add external storage including Aspera On Demand and on premises nodes to the Files application seamlessly and securely.
- Real time monitor of transfer activities, storage usage and content management for admins.
- Audit and activity logs, monitoring and alerts.
- User and Group Management, including federation and support for integration with OAuth2, OpenID Connect, SAML, native 2Factor support.
CUSTOMER SUCCESS STORIES
WHAT'S NEW IN ASPERA FILES
Additional Cloud Storage Options
- New Regions in Europe & Asia - The Files offering has expanded its footprint to IBM Cloud in Amsterdam, Milan & Frankfurt. The service also now supports storage in AWS S3 in Ireland, Frankfurt & Singapore.
- Support for Microsoft Azure - New support for the Microsoft Azure Cloud Files storage in the US Central, US East & Singapore regions.
New Mobile App
- New Files Mobile App - This mobile app helps Aspera Files users quickly exchange files and folders from their mobile device. The latest version of the app allows users to upload and download Files packages from a variety of interfaces and manage those transfers from within the app. Ideal for remote teams that need to share content, the app seamlessly integrates into a user's file sharing workflow.
- Customizable Email Templates - Administrators and workspace managers can now configure templates that govern the content and appearance of the various email notifications that Files generates.
- Personalized Links - Users can now customize the links they send when requesting others to submit files and folders to them. This new capability applies to public links requesting that content be submitted to the individual Files user or to a Files dropbox, as well as to authenticated links requesting that content be submitted to a dropbox.
- BCC Send- This new feature facilitates sending packages to large distribution lists. Blind-copy recipients see the package message and receive all attachments, but are unable to see each other.
- Re-invite Pending Users - Workspace Managers now have the ability to re-invite pending users, users who have been invited to join a Files workspace but have never logged in to activate their account.
- Save Package in Draft Form - New ability to create a digital package and save it as a draft allows users to add, remove or change recipients, title, and message, as well as to add or remove package contents.
- Package Recall - New ability to recall a sent package. Users can add, remove, or change the recipients, title, and message, as well as to add or remove the package contents while the package is in the recalled state.
- Fine-Grained Control over Email Notifications - Users now have the ability to manage notification settings per email template or at the more granular package level.
- Node Network Policies - Administrators can configure policies that govern how Files transfer nodes interact with each other, controlling which nodes can initiate transfers and restricting the nodes available for transfer.
- Admin-Scoped Node Token Using JWT - Users of an API client who are Files administrators can now be enabled to retrieve admin-scoped node access tokens from the Files API. Such a token provides the user with admin privileges on the node itself.
- Custom Permissions - Files now supports more granular permissions that can be applied to files and folders in the app. There are now two composite permissions: Edit and View; and seven custom permissions: Create/Upload folder, Rename, Upload files, Download, Preview, Browse, and Delete.
- Node Administration UI - Customers now have the ability to administer ATS nodes from within Files, which includes the ability to configure new storage connections and access policies.
- Unlocking Locked Files via the Web App - Files users can unlock files they have locked using Aspera Drive. Files administrators and managers also have the ability to unlock locked files in workspaces they manage.
- Node Backup and Restore for Database Migration - The Files Help Center now presents a procedure to back up and restore the node database in the context of migrating Files data from one node to another.
EXPANDED CLIENT EXPERIENCES
- New Client Options - New client options and features are available via Aspera Drive, Aspera Connect and Aspera Mobile iOS/Android apps dramatically extending user collaboration possibilities for desktop, browser and mobile users.
Activate with a simple on/off toggle - The Files Express mode provides a simple, user friendly interface that makes sending and requesting large files and folders easier than ever before. Advanced features of Files are just a click away by toggling from Express to full Files mode.
Simple Package Sending - Users can drag and drop to send packages with optional per package expiration and encryption, and invite others to send to them with one-click personalized invitations.
Preview incoming packages and download contents - A convenient retractable side bar allows users to preview incoming packages and download contents, forward previously send packages, and review, modify and re-send previously sent invitations.
Expanded Sharing Permissions - Shared folders can now be shared with separate permissions to Create Folder, Upload, Rename, View, Preview, and Download for maximum flexibility.
- Short, Personalized URLs - Admins can configure a workspace to generate short and personalized URLs as the links sent in public invites (full Files mode) or with the Request Files feature (Express mode).
- Default for 'Auth-less' Packages - By default, Workspaces are configured so that outside users can now receive packages without creating an account and logging in. Admins and authorized Workspace Managers can use a new configuration option to require authentication.
- Expanded Collaboration with Outside Users - Administrators and Authorized Workspace Managers can now configure Workspace settings to allow members to:
- Invite outside users to join the workspace
- Share folders outside users
- Share by sending a public link to outside users
- Send packages to outside users
- Request outside users to send content
- Designated External Users option allows Administrators and Authorized Workspace Managers to designate external users with whom users can send packages and share folders. External users can include any email address, specific email addresses or external Files users and groups that are not members of the workspace.
- New Package Forwarding - Users can now forward packages that already exist in their Inbox, Sent, and Archived lists. The forwarded package contains the original attachments and message; you can attach additional files and folders and add to the message if you wish.
- SAML Authentication Enhancements - Administrators can convert an existing standard group into a SAML group; you can also convert a SAML group to a standard group.
- Domain-Based Login Restrictions - Administrators can restrict user login, using both OAuth and SAML, for certain domains. Use the Include restriction to list domains from which users can log in; use the Exclude restriction to list domains from which users cannot log in.
- New User Invitation Link Expiration - Administrators can configure the expiration of the link included in the email notification sent as an invitation to join Files.
- Workspace Manager Restrictions - Configurable workspace manager restrictions that enforce strict partitioning between workspaces make Files an ideal multi-tenant environment. An organization admin can restrict the users and groups that a workspace manager can see during an "Add member" operation. When this restriction is enabled, workspace managers can see only users and groups from the workspaces in which they are members. Organization users and groups that the manager is not already aware of are hidden. When disabled, workspace managers can see all users and groups in the organization.
- Group Management Enhancements - The creator of a Files group (whether organization administrator or workspace manager) is now automatically designated the 'owner' of the created group. Group owners can assign group 'owner' or 'manager' privileges to other users or groups. Group managers can add and delete group members, and can assign the manager role to other users. Group owners, in addition to the privileges granted to group managers, can assign the owner role to other users, can edit the group profile, and can delete the group.
- Permissions Enhancement - Organization administrators can now hold the role of workspace manager in workspace in which they are members. This allows Admins to utilize the permissions granted to workspace managers.
TRANSFER & STORAGE MANAGEMENT ENHANCEMENTS
- Global and Workspace Storage Management - Files now allows admins to manage storage at the workspace, as well as node levels.
- Storage usage is displayed in the Admin UI by user home folders, packages, and total per Workspace.
- Administrators can view all files on a given node, navigate into shared folders, workspaces, home folders and packages, and rename existing items, create new folders and delete content.
- Workspace Managers can manage user home folders and package content within the Workspace.
- Read-only Home Folders - Administrators now have the tools to limit shared folders in the workspace and prevent users from adding items to their home folders.
- Administrators can configure a workspace so that its members cannot add items to their home folders, and only folders shared by administrators will appear in the home space.
- Such 'read-only' users can upload and create new folders only in shared folders to which they have been granted permission.
- Specific named users can can be exempted from the restriction.
- Administrators can browse, share, and delete a user's entire home folder or items it in.
- New Options for Package Expiration - In addition to existing time-based and download-based package expiration configurations for a workspace, the administrator can now configure specific package expiration settings for individual dropboxes in the workspace. Administrators can also enable workspace members to further restrict workspace-level expiration settings for individual packages as they send them, using a new field in the Send Package form.
WORKSPACE MANAGEMENT ENHANCEMENTS
Workspace Access Keys for Delegated Management - Administrators can create an access key/secret pair for a workspace, which can be used by Workspace Managers to perform all administrator-level content management functions within the workspace. With such access keys, workspace managers can administratively share folders with the workspace, browse, rename, delete and share home folders and their contents, and browse and delete user packages.
New Contact List Filter Default - The default filter for the Files user listing is now All users. Administrators and managers can also filter the users by Standard, Limited, Admin, Pending, Deactivated, and Logged in.
JWT Authentication - Files now supports the JSON Web Token-based OAuth 2.0 grant type to enable client applications to use the Files API without a user having to log in from a web browser. Developers can register an API client with a public/private key pair, and use a new grant type to retrieve authorization tokens for specific files user or admin account without going through OAuth in a browser.
Transfer Usage Reporting - A new /usage endpoint allows developers to query transfer usage (gigabytes in/out) by workspace.
Complete Files API Documentation on ADN - The entire suite of Files and Node API resources are documented on the ADN with rich examples for fast incorporation into 3rd party applications.